We need new maps, new clothes&new badges

Users who are viewing this thread

Neptuno

Recruit
1.6.4 update literally has nothing new in MP except blocking mechanics. We really need new maps, new clothes and new badges also. We want the map Vlandian castle in siege return. I also wonder when will combat mode be released. Since the last test was half year ago. ?

Last edited:
I remember there's another Aseria castle in Beta test. Maybe it's time to release it again?
It was used for internal testing. Might be unpopular opinion but i felt like that castle was one of the best castles for it's simplicity and chaos close quarter fighting as opposed to the more open ones we see now.

We started having more regular patches which in turns means that the patches themselves have been a bit smaller.

Vlandian Castle will return with this coming beta, sorry it took so long, but there were some objects that could cause crashes.

New badges are also coming with this beta (so to live with the next patch).
Added progressive badges for individual game mode kills and wins, hours played, and levels gained.

New maps are still a bit away unfortunately, but we started early internal tests for them.

We started having more regular patches which in turns means that the patches themselves have been a bit smaller.

Vlandian Castle will return with this coming beta, sorry it took so long, but there were some objects that could cause crashes.

New maps are still a bit away unfortunately, but we started early internal tests for them.
Thx for your reply?

It was used for internal testing. Might be unpopular opinion but i felt like that castle was one of the best castles for it's simplicity and chaos close quarter fighting as opposed to the more open ones we see now.
Many of the (custom) maps in Warband native Siege were close quarter as that gives the best fighting experience. To make this work they need Friendly Fire tho.....

Yeah, I'm kind of sad that the changelog for Signleplayer is always pages upon pages and the changelog for Multiplayer is just a few notes. That said I think that the game is in amuch better state than it used to be, if we see the missing servers as a temporary inconvenience.

Can we expect the focus to shift to Multiplayer at any time in the future, or will there always be something to work on in SP?
I guess moving staff from SP to MP would be a major inconvenience at the moment as getting used to new tasks is not a trivial thing.
Also SP is probably much easier to test as you only need one player to test things.

Quick question will server sizes ever be increased later down the road or will they stay at 120?

Yeah, I'm kind of sad that the changelog for Signleplayer is always pages upon pages and the changelog for Multiplayer is just a few notes. That said I think that the game is in amuch better state than it used to be, if we see the missing servers as a temporary inconvenience.

Can we expect the focus to shift to Multiplayer at any time in the future, or will there always be something to work on in SP?
I guess moving staff from SP to MP would be a major inconvenience at the moment as getting used to new tasks is not a trivial thing.
Also SP is probably much easier to test as you only need one player to test things.
Multiplayer is and has been largely neglected, as has become evident through consistent server problems. Personally I will just stop playing for a while and come back in a few months, in the hopes that we will have significant improvements by then (also performance fps wise). The basics are just not met at the moment. Servers are not always running and if they are then they are lagging. Then there are custom games which take sometimes 5 minutes to load, so clan matches are a huge pain in the ***. Next, fps performance is very inconsistent for some reason depending on the map and update. I used to have 144 fps stable and now I get 50 on some maps while getting 144 on others.

All in all a lot of troubles, but they should be solvable so I'm hoping they will be solved in a few months :razz:

Multiplayer is and has been largely neglected, as has become evident through consistent server problems. Personally I will just stop playing for a while and come back in a few months, in the hopes that we will have significant improvements by then (also performance fps wise). The basics are just not met at the moment. Servers are not always running and if they are then they are lagging. Then there are custom games which take sometimes 5 minutes to load, so clan matches are a huge pain in the ***. Next, fps performance is very inconsistent for some reason depending on the map and update. I used to have 144 fps stable and now I get 50 on some maps while getting 144 on others.

All in all a lot of troubles, but they should be solvable so I'm hoping they will be solved in a few months :razz:
Yeah, we should be positive that all these will be solved eventually:xf-grin:

Another suggestion on clothing. Our character also has a "civilian outfit". It's the outfit we are shown in in character creation and if we become the MVP of a round. Maybe also let us customize that with purchasable garments.

Another suggestion on clothing. Our character also has a "civilian outfit". It's the outfit we are shown in in character creation and if we become the MVP of a round. Maybe also let us customize that with purchasable garments.
omg that's the best idea. Would be amazing if we could choose our outfits in the MVP screen.

Positive thing is that clothes and badges should be relatively easy to implement. Maps not so much but as long as they are good maps I don't mind playing the same ~20 maps across the different gamemodes for a while. With the prophecised arrival of Private Servers we will hopefully be swimming in Maps sooner or later.

Yeah, totally agree. MVP character appearance just looks too simple now. Should be more colorful.

Back
Top Bottom