Why were the siege battles fixed by a modder and not by TaleWorlds?

What could be the reason?

• TaleWorlds completely remake the siege battles?

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • TaleWorlds is holding back the fixes for a new mechanic?

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Unfortunately, this often does happen in development - I hope that given that this was a regression that they can revert.

In the past, horse archers were arguably the most capable AI among the unit types.
Agreed, it's just a bit strange that this first happened in 1.6.3 beta and they pushed to stable without fixing, it's a huge bug in my opinion that greatly affects an entire faction of the game.

Agreed, it's just a bit strange that this first happened in 1.6.3 beta and they pushed to stable without fixing, it's a huge bug in my opinion that greatly affects an entire faction of the game.

The Khuzaits yes, although arguably to a degree the Aserai as well.

Regardless, this needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It, like the siege battles, is a game breaker.

And then they got nerfed because people were complaining about losing battles.

The main issue is that arrows in general are too powerful in this game against armor - mods like RBM fix this issue.

The other issue is that the AI isn't very smart. RBM does have an AI module that partially addresses this, but it's not a perfect solution and to be honest, the AI itself needs a lot of work in the base game.

I'm not sure I agree. I can tell you as part of a development team, that temporary patch up jobs should be avoided at all costs, because you often never get given the opportunity to go back and fix things up properly and the patch job becomes permanent - as does any flow on issues. You're left with inefficient code, and that might inadvertently contribute to problems for other people who might have a hard time untangling your patch up.

I think that because this is such a widely reported issue, that is taking an extended period of time to fix, it is reasonable of us to inquire as to what the status is. But I'd prefer to wait so that it is solved properly, rather than in a way that is likely to lead to other issues down the track
+1000

TW stopped giving a flying **** about the game after they milked 6 million early release sales.
How can you say that when they're still working on the game and releasing updates damn near every two weeks? ?
The Devs have a road-map they have to follow in order to not be scattered all over the place. Deviating from that road-map will cost them more time, effort and money. We're not talking about a DOS game here, we're talking a BIG #@$% project with thousands of pages of codes and boilerplates that need to be done incrementally and systematically in order to be finished within a time frame that doesn't involve years.

The Devs? are doing a good job. I'd love to shake the hand of everyone of them.

How can you say that when they're still working on the game and releasing updates damn near every two weeks? ?
The Devs have a road-map they have to follow in order to not be scattered all over the place. Deviating from that road-map will cost them more time, effort and money. We're not talking about a DOS game here, we're talking a BIG #@$% project with thousands of pages of codes and boilerplates that need to be done incrementally and systematically in order to be finished within a time frame that doesn't involve years.
There's no evidence they are following a plan. There's a vague list of features, but that's it. They sometimes do something related to that list, many times don't and do something seemingly random.
The Devs? are doing a good job. I'd love to shake the hand of everyone of them.
How is Ancara?

Back
Top Bottom