Suggestions for new MS operations in Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Hopefully the devs or TW employees will see this.

> Setting/operation for agents to always cast a shadow (even after death and on top of scene objects)
> Make the set morph key able to affect more morph targets rather than just the first 7 or 8
> operation to change certain body parts of an agent (like disabling calf meshes when wearing a long pant leg)
> A 'delay' operation would be really useful, say I want a script called that makes a character do a waving animation, then i call another script that has a 4 second delay and after that delay they will do another animation
> Agent set face code and operations to set and get morph values of an agent would also be useful
> Operation to make agents static (dont turn/rotate around)
> operations to get and set scene terrain data and terrain details
> Operation to attach item parts to an item whenever instead of only on item init
>operation to play vertex anim or set frame on any item whenever

Ability to separate animation channels into lower body, torso and head

agent_get_animation = 1768 # (agent_get_animation, <destination>, <agent_id>, <body_part),
# Retrieves current agent animation for specified body part (0 = lower, 1 = upper).
agent_set_animation = 1740 # (agent_set_animation, <agent_id>, <anim_id>, [channel_no]),
# Forces the agent to perform the specified animation. Optional channel_no parameter determines whether upper body (value = 1) or lower body (value = 0, default) is affected by animation.

All M&B engine titles such as Warband are long finished in development and I doubt there will ever be any update. WSE2 is the only platform to make it happen. Check WSE SDK to seek some operations you were referring to.

Hopefully the devs or TW employees will see this.

> Setting/operation for agents to always cast a shadow (even after death and on top of scene objects) - you may make some makeshift shadows from invisible scene props (not sure if they can cast shadow though)
> Make the set morph key able to affect more morph targets rather than just the first 7 or 8 - that is the limit, there is not anything you can do other than being creative
> operation to change certain body parts of an agent (like disabling calf meshes when wearing a long pant leg) - seems too specific
> A 'delay' operation would be really useful, say I want a script called that makes a character do a waving animation, then i call another script that has a 4 second delay and after that delay they will do another animation - use a trigger the script will be called from
> Agent set face code and operations to set and get morph values of an agent would also be useful - is not there already such a thing in vanilla?
> Operation to make agents static (dont turn/rotate around) - may be possible with scripting
> operations to get and set scene terrain data and terrain details - WSE has them already
> Operation to attach item parts to an item whenever instead of only on item init - seems too specific
>operation to play vertex anim or set frame on any item whenever - seems too specific

Ability to separate animation channels into lower body, torso and head - already in vanilla

Use WSE or WSE2.

WSE fixed buggy face_keys_get_morph_key, face_keys_set_morph_key operations - supports all morph keys, not only first 8.

for disable turn use

ti_on_agent_turn = -102.0 #can only be used in module_mission_templates triggers (for multiplayer player's agents; for WSE2 works always, if bTurnAgentAsMultiplayer=true)
# Trigger Param 1: agent no
# Trigger Param 2: max rotation speed (fixed point)
# trigger result = replace max rotation speed (fixed point)

or

acf_lock_rotation = 0x00000800 # lock agent rotation

for item vertex animation
agent_body_meta_mesh_set_vertex_keys_time_point
agent_body_meta_mesh_deform_in_range
agent_body_meta_mesh_deform_in_cycle_loop
agent_body_meta_mesh_get_current_deform_progress
agent_body_meta_mesh_get_current_deform_frame

If you need any specific features, pm, I can do it on order.

The TW devs won't touch the Warband Engine anymore, most of them have probably no knowledge about it at all. K700 is your best option here if you need more operations.

> A 'delay' operation would be really useful, say I want a script called that makes a character do a waving animation, then i call another script that has a 4 second delay and after that delay they will do another animation
This might give you an idea

> Operation to make agents static (dont turn/rotate around)
With the VC DLC we got the operation agent_set_no_dynamics, you need to set additionally an animation with a higher priority, so the agent won't turn around iirc.

Unfortunately, even agents without dynamics will rotate on the spot to face whatever their target is.
There's also
Python:
agent_ai_set_interact_with_player        = 2077  # (agent_ai_set_interact_with_player, <agent_no>, <value>),
                                                 # Version 1.165+. Enables or disables agent AI interation with player.
Set to 0 it will stop the AI from facing the player when he passes near the AI agent but if you engage in dialog they will still rotate to face you.

I think it's for combat situations. His mod uses a downed system where characters get placed in a collapsed animation state before dying. Currently the workaround is to set them to run away, but they still spin to "run" to the nearest exit, and still react to enemies.

Back
Top Bottom