Reinforcements Spawn Points Ruin Battles!!

Users who are viewing this thread

I want a NO REINFORMENT option, when I fight I want only my troops and no vassals troops, it make me mad seeing a wave of junk troops spawn in after I retreated them and rush to die for nothing, just because I've culled the enemy. I AM THE COMMANDER, I should be able to say "No Reinforcements".

I want a NO REINFORMENT option, when I fight I want only my troops and no vassals troops, it make me mad seeing a wave of junk troops spawn in after I retreated them and rush to die for nothing, just because I've culled the enemy. I AM THE COMMANDER, I should be able to say "No Reinforcements".

No Reinforcements ?? lol did that ever happen in history ? :grin:

What we need is NO HARD CODED RESPAWN POINT ! We should embarress TW with their Cobol hard coding .. lol

Respawnings MUST happen at the Commander's location, to make battles fairer.

Another point, while the battle is happening, time passes, other armies move "towards sound of the guns" If a moving army gets close enough to the battle, you should see vanguard units entering the battle on the borders... the longer a battle, the more closeby units enter the battle. Thus a general cannot wait too long if there is an enemy army nearby.

T
are we talking about reinforcements or respawn points for current army ????? two totally different things.

Respawns should happen where the commander is located !! YES flexible respawn point.

Reinforcements should happen at map edge .. AND keep their formation, not running single file to death.

This, why would they ever spawn anywhere else. It's not like you are at the start of the battle picking the first spawning troops then saying to rest, look stay here at camp wouldn't want you to close in case these guys die, but if you hear the horn run and find us!

They should just spawn on the captain of the group or on the group if there is no captain. Or on any other group if thier group has no members on the battlefield.

This way it's like you both came with you full parties when attacking each other and removes the lemmings running across the field to find thier command group.

T

This, why would they ever spawn anywhere else. It's not like you are at the start of the battle picking the first spawning troops then saying to rest, look stay here at camp wouldn't want you to close in case these guys die, but if you hear the horn run and find us!

They should just spawn on the captain of the group or on the group if there is no captain. Or on any other group if thier group has no members on the battlefield.

This way it's like you both came with you full parties when attacking each other and removes the lemmings running across the field to find thier command group.
Problem is it's so game-y. I don't like troops just popping into existence out of nowhere, and it's very exploitable. It's weird and bad enough right now if you won a pressing engagement on the battlefield but new enemies pop up out of nowhere and murder your wounded troops and ranged units that have no more javelins or arrows.

Would be so much better if reinforcements marched onto the battlefield.

Problem is it's so game-y. I don't like troops just popping into existence out of nowhere, and it's very exploitable. It's weird and bad enough right now if you won a pressing engagement on the battlefield but new enemies pop up out of nowhere and murder your wounded troops and ranged units that have no more javelins or arrows.

Would be so much better if reinforcements marched onto the battlefield.
i 100% agree. to avoid having them marching one by one to their formations (who could be all over the battlefield), it would be good to have a group marched onto the battlefield under a separate formation number.

The whole idea of Spawning troops is gamey - limitations of the game / hardware system. If the limitations weren't there, these new troops would already be on the battlefield .... so spawning troops where the leader is (where the Group is) is closest to reality ..

.Reinforcements is a different issue.

The whole idea of Spawning troops is gamey - limitations of the game / hardware system. If the limitations weren't there, these new troops would already be on the battlefield .... so spawning troops where the leader is (where the Group is) is closest to reality ..

I agree, it's not gamey, it's more realistic than them marching onto the battlefield, that is the thing that is truelly making it feel gamey. The fact that they also are constantly running towards some distant point is just strange and wierd. Instead of battles we have a wierd strung out bunch of troops running willy nilly trying to find a banner in the distance, unless they are cav where instead they are swarming around like wasps picking of the troops all disordered.

They'd also be injured, low on ammo etc.

Brand new units pop into existence vs wounded units and the battle becomes a mess.

It annoys me to no end when I press the advantage on the field, begin to rout the enemy troops, then new ones are beamed to the surface of the planet and my troops get bogged down fighting them. It's even worse when you've positioned your troops but these new enemies are popping up and disrupting that plan. Happens a lot with horse archers in my experience.

Just accept that these new troops were suppose to be there in the first place ...game / hardware limitations stopped it.

You could spawn the new troops just behind the commander ? if you place your commander in the front lines. I never do, he is just behind the second line, in the center.

You could spawn the new troops just behind the commander ? if you place your commander in the front lines. I never do, he is just behind the second line, in the center.
I like this idea, maybe have a "battle line" system where troop spawn areas can grow based on how well they're doing in combat. I.E. if your troops have high morale and have beaten the enemy's back to their side of the map, your troops spawn from the middle of the map instead of your side?

I feel part of the problem is troop cohesion as well. As your troops press an advantage and start racking up kills and routing enemies, they'll start chasing down fleeing foes and getting strung out. This, on top of your own reinforcements taking longer to reach you from your spawn, often leads to your forces being scattered and easy prey for the respawning enemies, leading to your moment of triumph turning into half your army gone in a cheap and unfair turn of events.

I personally try to assuage this by routinely ordering my troops march back towards the center of the map whenever the enemy line starts to route or their numbers take a heavy drop, but it's still a pretty big issue. I'd be up for something like better enemy morale, like being able to cause a mass route that ends the battle without having to break every single soldier in their army, or being able to order your troops to ignore routing enemies from the start could help.

I'm not sure how the battle moral works, if an AI has many troops to spawn in but current army routs,, what happens ??? It appears that most of the time, the AI army rallies at rear gathering the new spawned troops, to attack again ! ?? sometimes they defend - good to see ! or more importantly, they should retreat.

** IN REALITY. ** A smaller army pinned by a larger army, would try to escape even sacrificing some troops to allow the others to escape. Players can do that but I've never seem AI armies do that .. ! ?

Back
Top Bottom