I might get some backlash for asking... But I've waited over 6 years and want any info

Users who are viewing this thread

SmithyGBR

Recruit
To put it simply, is there any new information regarding the console release of bannerlord?

I, and many others have been waiting patiently for years, for me it's been since I found out about bannerlord when I was 18 years old and still in college, I'm now almost 25.
There doesn't seem to be any news or progress updates on the console release and it feels like we are being left in the shadows about everything, to my knowledge, correct me if I am wrong but we haven't even had any proper progress updates so we don't even know how far along the console version is.

Bannerlord has been in early access on pc for a good while now, will console players also get to take part in early access or is the game going to be a random release with no dlcs and no updates like warband?

I get that the devs are working on it, but it's a bit annoying knowing that pc players atleast got some form of news before early access, it feels like there is next to nothing being said about the console versions and it genuinely makes me feel like it's going to be another one of those games that gets people's hopes up only for the devs to announce years later that they stopped developing it.

Come on, at least give us something to keep us interested.

I am not a dev so I do not know. But I will just say, it must be painfull to be a fan on console, because these games are really built for PC.

Annevanne, it really is painful lol.
More painful the fact that tale worlds to this day are one of the few devs out there who do a proper port, warband is almost identical to the pc version so it makes me look forward to bannerlord even more.

Julio, yeah that's what I heard too but it's just annoying that the devs have said next to nothing despite it being announced so long ago, it wouldn't hurt for them to just release a bit of info to keep us interested lol.

If you have xbox controller you can already try how it will be going to feel to play this game on consoles. Lots of ui has been rebuilt/changed for console release. Aim assist etc is already built in. Radial order bar for consoles are also finished. Even they forced it first to make people use that ugly radial command window. Even in multiplayer they use radial ui for cheers etc. You can use aim assist even without controller in singleplayer if you press middle mouse button it will switch to that (if anyone don't knows that). They already found publisher for console release too. I don't get it why you think that they will stop developing it. It is the sole reason for some ****ed up decisions. To milk console players. You have to be naive to think that it will not come to the consoles. After the EA it will be on consoles don't worry.

Last edited:
If you have xbox controller you can already try how it will be going to feel to play this game on consoles. Lots of ui has been rebuilt/changed for console release. Aim assist etc is already built in. Radial order bar for consoles are also finished. Even they forced it first to make people use that ugly radial command window. Even in multiplayer they use radial ui for cheers etc. You can use aim assist even without controller in singleplayer if you press middle mouse button it will switch to that (if anyone don't knows that). They already found publisher for console release too. I don't get it why you think that they will stop developing it. It is the sole reason for some ****ed up decisions. To milk console players. You have to be naive to think that it will not come to the consoles. After the EA it will be on consoles don't worry.
Yeah the reason I say that is because it's been years and the devs have kept everyone in the shadows, not to mention warband unfortunately does seem to be a way "to milk console players" as to my knowledge there have been 0 updates since its release to console and none of the dlcs have been released, that kind of thing tends to concern me.

Yeah the reason I say that is because it's been years and the devs have kept everyone in the shadows, not to mention warband unfortunately does seem to be a way "to milk console players" as to my knowledge there have been 0 updates since its release to console and none of the dlcs have been released, that kind of thing tends to concern me.
Also forgot to say, my pc is not good enough to run bannerlord otherwise I would have been one of the first people buying it.
I'm console only at the moment.

Also forgot to say, my pc is not good enough to run bannerlord otherwise I would have been one of the first people buying it.
I'm console only at the moment.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/ if your pc is not good enough and you want to try it you can use that with your xbox consoles controller.

I cant say anything for future dlcs but you will get the game on consoles for sure

It is only going to happen once the game is out of early access. It would be insane for them to try and port it right now when it's under EA progress. They would have to release constant builds for various consoles every time it dropped on PC. It makes far more sense for them to do so after the game isn't undergoing "dramatic" changes. A year after EA concludes would probably be when it happens.

It is only going to happen once the game is out of early access. It would be insane for them to try and port it right now when it's under EA progress. They would have to release constant builds for various consoles every time it dropped on PC. It makes far more sense for them to do so after the game isn't undergoing "dramatic" changes. A year after EA concludes would probably be when it happens.
Yeah I understand that, I was just saying it would be nice if they would give us a bit of news from time to time so we are not left in the dark.

I, and many others have been waiting patiently for years, for me it's been since I found out about bannerlord when I was 18 years old and still in college, I'm now almost 25.
Don't worry, you are that mythical console player that Taleworlds devs use as an excuse to dumb down the game, so you are at least in their thoughts, and maybe even mentioned in team meetings. They are doing all of this for you, but they won't do the actual port until the codebase is stable, so you'll have to get married and have children until you can play.

Don't worry, you are that mythical console player that Taleworlds devs use as an excuse to dumb down the game, so you are at least in their thoughts, and maybe even mentioned in team meetings. They are doing all of this for you, but they won't do the actual port until the codebase is stable, so you'll have to get married and have children until you can play.
F u c k you

Annevanne, it really is painful lol.
More painful the fact that tale worlds to this day are one of the few devs out there who do a proper port, warband is almost identical to the pc version so it makes me look forward to bannerlord even more.

Julio, yeah that's what I heard too but it's just annoying that the devs have said next to nothing despite it being announced so long ago, it wouldn't hurt for them to just release a bit of info to keep us interested lol.
Well sure, its identical other than that in the PC version you can have fights with hundreds of troops. If I am not mistaken the limit is 150 on console, oh and there are no mods on console. Mods being the best part of warband. So big oooof. I can ofcourse not predict the future but I would be surprised if the console version releases the next 2-3 years. So you will have to wait I think

@SmithyGBR:
V7hm9.jpg

Get your couch cushions ready 'cause it's coming to consoles for sure! That's why (I think) the game is the way it is with regards to many aspects of gameplay and "immersion"...

I remember an article where I read that taleworlds stated clearly. " bannerlord will be on console but we are focused on our pc game. We want to perfect that first beforehand." Its nice to hear this from a dev. Dont feel like looking it up and quoting it.

First played warband on xbox. Played it a lot and it worked fine. Eventually got it on pc because it was really meant for that. Love POP mod. Console port will probably be fine too but will be more limited. Consoles simply have more limitations.

Any decent dev makes good pc game first then works on console port.

While things are more streamlined in bannerlord. I personally dont think game had been dumbed down for consoles. It's a solid follow up to warband. Is there some things I wish they had kept or added? sure! But I'm still loving it. Approaching 400 hrs play time.

Back
Top Bottom