Sturgia's unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
Sturgia's unplayable in manual battles.
Just not even worth it.

I think it's another of my deleted campaigns of Sturgia.

WHO AMONGST this community even can lie to themselves that 35 body armour and 50 on their highest troops is okay.
When Khuzait ****kan has more armour than them.

No...enough,TaleWorlds.
It's enough,next week you should get a meeting and how to improve these changes even more.
It's not game breaking,we know you only play Khuzait,on very easy and still lose to Sturgia and Aserai,that you nerfed the **** out of these two.
But please just listen to me,and I think the only Sturgian Campaign Player,these changes are needed for the player.

And for the love of god,return Recruits to beign Recruits and not glorified Peasants,thank you!

Sturgian Warrior --- Add a Mail Shoulder or give them the Shoulder piece from Sturgian Otroki.
Sturgian Woodsmen ---Either they get a Hunting Bow or another set of Javelins.
Sturgian Soldier --- Between 8-10 more body armour through another shoulder piece,replace their head armour with the 35 one that looks similar.
Sturgian Hunter --- Nordic Shortbow,Barbed Arrows and/or Tappered Blade
Sturgian Brigand --- Helmet with Leather that's 20+ Head Armour and a Huscarl Mail add/or Simple Battle Raider Axe,replace Fish Harpoon with Harpoon,one set.
Sturgian Spearmen --- Give them the Decorated Hauberk and Bronze Scale Shoulder Guards add/or Commoner Axe/Broad Tzukurion
Sturgian Line Breaker --- Give them the next tier Body Armour,remove their 1H
Sturgian Hardened Brigand --- just like the Line Breaker, add/or Simple Battle Axe Raider
Sturgian Archer --- Give them a Small Light Shield and Range Arrows and/Commoner Axe,replace Tappered Blade with Pointy Warsword,give them Bear Pelt or Wolf Pelt.
Sturgian Heavy Spearmen -- Give them the Heroic Line Breaker Armour,Huscarl Boots and Gloves, add/or Veteran's Warrior Axe,remove the variants with scarfs and the head armour from Khuzait.
Sturgian Heroic Line Breaker --- Give them Armored Bearskin/Rough Bearskin/Bear Pelt.
Sturgian Heavy Axeman --- Give them Sturgia best Body Armour,as it has the most Body Armour and Hand Armour,infantry units don't need that much leg armor.
Sturgian Horse Rider --- Give them Lamellar Pauldrons(Blue ones) add/or Long Warsword
Stugian Veteran Bowman --- Give them Steppe Recurve Bow,replace Commoner Axe with Veteran's Warrior Axe and/or Long Warsword,replace their quiver with Stacked Bodkin Arrows,give them Small Light Shield instead of another Barbed Arrow.

I'm sorry you haven't figured out the strengths and weaknesses of the faction you've chosen to play. I had no problem in my last Sturgian campaign... Their masses of javelin throwing cavalry are particularly handy at mopping up mid tier horse archers. So I tend to err on the side of having a cavalry heavy force.

Perhaps you just haven't found the balance of troops that you need yet. Don't build your force based on what they 'should be' but rather based on what you need to counter a particular threat. You'll need lots of cavalry to overwhelm the Kuzaits. But lots of archers quickly overwhelm your Battanian enemies.

TBH... I don't even consider the relative armour of units. I just consider what they are good for when building my force. The rest is tactics and your AI enemies can be worked...

Inappropriate behavior
I'm sorry you haven't figured out the strengths and weaknesses of the faction you've chosen to play. I had no problem in my last Sturgian campaign... Their masses of javelin throwing cavalry are particularly handy at mopping up mid tier horse archers. So I tend to err on the side of having a cavalry heavy force.

Perhaps you just haven't found the balance of troops that you need yet. Don't build your force based on what they 'should be' but rather based on what you need to counter a particular threat. You'll need lots of cavalry to overwhelm the Kuzaits. But lots of archers quickly overwhelm your Battanian enemies.

TBH... I don't even consider the relative armour of units. I just consider what they are good for when building my force. The rest is tactics and your AI enemies can be worked...
You're pathetic,sorry man.

I'm truly sorry if you think they have lots of Javelins or that Javelins are remotely useful against Shield Walls,because that is what your enemies will use.

It's clear to me you didn't even play Sturgia..
Go back to your F1+F3 campaign.
And go cry to TaleWorlds to nerf Aserai more,god forbid Khuzait players use any strategy,instead of talking about it.

Why even bother commenting.

Sturgia's unplayable in manual battles.
Just not even worth it.
I played just a relatively short (120 days) campaign with Sturgia so I'm not an expert on the matter, but I think their biggest issue is, in fact, the lack of armor and how generally crappy their ranged units are. I understand it's supposed to be built around infantry since there are so little cavalry choices (those javelins are really useful, but see how useful they are in larger battles where there are reinforcements...) and the ranged units are so bad that you end up building up a shield wall... only for that shield wall to be absolutely useless. Khuzaits lower tier, mounted troops have highest stats and higher armor in some cases than tier 5 sturgian dedicated infantry and that's just silly.

I've seen t4-t5 shieldwalls without any obstruction or distraction meet similar tiered shieldwalls from Battania and Empire, and Sturgia coming out sorely lacking and more often than not routing before the enemy has lost 50% of their troops. Not really viking material. Or slavic, even!

As to those who say that Sturgia is ok, learn to play (which is so early 2000 it hurts my eyes) I would point out the player is smarter than the AI! Any faction can steamroll the enemy if using any tricks at the player's disposal, but it's SO much harder with Sturgia it's not even funny. And losses will be high, even if you lure the AI in and use fancy tactics.

I played just a relatively short (120 days) campaign with Sturgia so I'm not an expert on the matter, but I think their biggest issue is, in fact, the lack of armor and how generally crappy their ranged units are. I understand it's supposed to be built around infantry since there are so little cavalry choices (those javelins are really useful, but see how useful they are in larger battles where there are reinforcements...) and the ranged units are so bad that you end up building up a shield wall... only for that shield wall to be absolutely useless. Khuzaits lower tier, mounted troops have highest stats and higher armor in some cases than tier 5 sturgian dedicated infantry and that's just silly.

I've seen t4-t5 shieldwalls without any obstruction or distraction meet similar tiered shieldwalls from Battania and Empire, and Sturgia coming out sorely lacking and more often than not routing before the enemy has lost 50% of their troops. Not really viking material. Or slavic, even!

As to those who say that Sturgia is ok, learn to play (which is so early 2000 it hurts my eyes) I would point out the player is smarter than the AI! Any faction can steamroll the enemy if using any tricks at the player's disposal, but it's SO much harder with Sturgia it's not even funny. And losses will be high, even if you lure the AI in and use fancy tactics.
Thanks.
You just said 75% of what's wrong with Sturgia.
I really needed someone to point it out.

Another 10% is the terrain they are in,full of forests and no very few bridges,gaps for movement.

You're pathetic,sorry man.

I'm truly sorry if you think they have lots of Javelins or that Javelins are remotely useful against Shield Walls,because that is what your enemies will use.

It's clear to me you didn't even play Sturgia..
Go back to your F1+F3 campaign.
And go cry to TaleWorlds to nerf Aserai more,god forbid Khuzait players use any strategy,instead of talking about it.

I'm not sure that you're sorry for calling me pathetic. I'm sorry you are unable to debate without resorting to childish insults.

Why would I want to nerf any faction? I think they're all pretty well balanced as is. I mean, without me, the borders hardly move over 20 game years. That's excellent balance. That's what everyone here wanted. Now you're complaining that a faction is too hard to play? I think that may be your play style.

How to play Sturgia
1 Don't
2 After you join Sturgia go south east to your new enemies the Khuzaiat, go to their villages and choose "force the village to give me recruits" and force them to give you Khuzait troops, this give you amazing khuzait troops and reduces how many the khuzats can have. Sell the loot and prisoners from the militia.
3 repeat 2 until you have a bunch of horse archers, then go beat the **** out of single khuzait parties by moving your forces to the back of the map and face them diagonally at the approaching HA, to kill the HA alone before moving in on the main party. Not by charging mind you, by positioning of ranged and SW advancement of infantry and Cav, to protect and distract enemies from your ranged.
4 Didn't do 2 and 3 huh? Well make lots of archers, yes even the worst archer is still an archer and will do ranged damage. Make the Axe men and javelin cav, use them to protect your ranged. DO the pretty much the same **** in 3, troops aren't that much different although HA are the best for fast positioning, but you don't have to use them.

They're not for the infantry there for the enemy HA and you can just hold fire them, drag them behind a SW and f4 to hit them in the back.
Yes I wish they had more ammo, yes is sucks they nerfed javelin damage some what, it still works then and it's still better then the melee cav.

?

Why even bother commenting.
Okay Putin

They're not for the infantry there for the enemy HA and you can just hold fire them, drag them behind a SW and f4 to hit them in the back.
Yes I wish they had more ammo, yes is sucks they nerfed javelin damage some what, it still works then and it's still better then the melee cav.

Exactly... order your cav to hold fire and charge... then while they're mixed up allow them to fire and watch the HA fall over. Especially good because the HA all try to turn about to get shots off, or try to withdraw and get hit in the back.

Javelin cav may not be as good as they used to be, but they are my current favourite units, and Sturgia have plenty of them - if you leave your cities on auto-recruit, you come back and find 40 or 50 of them on the regular.

You aren't getting honest replies because everyone is fed up with your 'wah Sturgia, wah Khuzaits' schtick.

Seriously, keep this **** up and this would be a more suitable profile pic.

There are like a thousand Sturgia mods in nexus mods. If you aren't happy with the state of Sturgia, then perhaps you should just go find a 'MaKE StURGia NORD GreAT AGaIN' mod.

You aren't getting honest replies because everyone is fed up with your 'wah Sturgia, wah Khuzaits' schtick.

Seriously, keep this **** up and this would be a more suitable profile pic.

There are like a thousand Sturgia mods in nexus mods. If you aren't happy with the state of Sturgia, then perhaps you should just go find a 'MaKE StURGia NORD GreAT AGaIN' mod.
Ofc you're gonna get me to complain about Sturgia when TaleWorlds are busy giving Darkhan plus 20 Throwing instead of fixing
Sturgia.

It's not the only faction who basically got nerfed for no reason into oblivion.

You think after Sturgia,I'm done?
Next is Aserai,Empire and Vlandia.
Only to ****ing fall on deaf ears,again.

But,hey,we can't possibly nerf Khuzait properly,because how else would HalfMetal find satiafaction and a smile on his face,if his SunTzu tactics of F1+F3 doesn't work.

Next time,do me a favour.
This is for anyone without any will to actually do anything constructive.
Block me or don't bother seeing my posts,if you're just gonna be a douchebag in the replies.

Yeah all the AI and formations need to to be worked on, all damage calculation and armor formulas need to be worked on. All of it. So saying "blah blah sturgia" is redundant because of course all thier troops suck, all troops suck and do dum things all the time and are barely better then the tiers below them.
Think HA are OP? They're not and they have loads of problems too, The only way any troop in bannerlord actually functions in using ranged at enemies DIRECTLY INFRON OF THEM! That's all, shooting directly in front of thier face, that works, anything else has all kinds of problems.

But,hey,we can't possibly nerf Khuzait properly
They don't need a nerf, I have the entire Khuzait faction in my prisoners. How did that happen if they're so OP? All T6 Cav should be as good as Khan's guards, but that doesn't mean khuzaits or thier units needs a nerf, they need work to make them function better like everyone else.

Troops currently suck at handling throwing weapon loadouts without manual toggling of fire and hold fire mode.

Hardened Brigands and Horse Raiders are pretty potent when you ride with them and manage them.

It's just an extremely micro-intensive playstyle. Trouble with throwing weapons is the limited ammo is often wasted by AI missing, so you need to really make it count by having them throw at good ranges and into unshielded clumps of enemies. Also the Battanian Mounted Skirmisher performs better in practice in longer battles, due to a longer 1H weapon, even though they have only one set of throwing weapons. The Battle Axe is not a good mounted weapon for the AI.

Sturgia could use some buffs but the main thing is their archer needs to be better while archers are basically what wins manual battles most effectively, and that's what really holds them back for now. Giving their archer a shield would actually be a nerf, they definitely should have two stacks.

Ofc you're gonna get me to complain about Sturgia when TaleWorlds are busy giving Darkhan plus 20 Throwing instead of fixing
Sturgia.

It's not the only faction who basically got nerfed for no reason into oblivion.

But,hey,we can't possibly nerf Khuzait properly,because how else would HalfMetal find satiafaction and a smile on his face,if his SunTzu tactics of F1+F3 doesn't work.

Next time,do me a favour.
This is for anyone without any will to actually do anything constructive.
Block me or don't bother seeing my posts,if you're just gonna be a douchebag in the replies.
Im guessing the reason why your posts fall on deaf is ears is your agressive attitude. You might want to consider a different approach when you "demand" something. This is the only helpful thing i can say so you get maybe better results, but its up to you.

Im guessing the reason why your posts fall on deaf is ears is your agressive attitude. You might want to consider a different approach when you "demand" something. This is the only helpful thing i can say so you get maybe better results, but its up to you.
You'd lose your composure aswell,if for a year your T4 infantry units had between 18 to 25 body armour.
And used to have 25 head armour.

Troops currently suck at handling throwing weapon loadouts without manual toggling of fire and hold fire mode.

Hardened Brigands and Horse Raiders are pretty potent when you ride with them and manage them.

It's just an extremely micro-intensive playstyle. Trouble with throwing weapons is the limited ammo is often wasted by AI missing, so you need to really make it count by having them throw at good ranges and into unshielded clumps of enemies. Also the Battanian Mounted Skirmisher performs better in practice in longer battles, due to a longer 1H weapon, even though they have only one set of throwing weapons. The Battle Axe is not a good mounted weapon for the AI.

Sturgia could use some buffs but the main thing is their archer needs to be better while archers are basically what wins manual battles most effectively, and that's what really holds them back for now. Giving their archer a shield would actually be a nerf, they definitely should have two stacks.
The reason I added a shield to Archers is to not make them on pair with other faction's ranged.
Telling the Archers to hold fire and help the infantry would fit Sturgia so well.

I do like when other faction have weaknesses and strengths,something Khuzait doesn't.
Their melee cavalry beats all other units in terms of armour,except for the Cataphracts.
And they have a very good weapon and a couchable lance.

Like you'd lose your mind too having to fight them all the time.
And add salt to the injury,the community reaction to actually balancing their favourite faction is ridiculous.

Like you'd seen them go mad angry at even mentioning Darkhans,Hunters(T3 archers),Lancers (T4-T5) even remotely getting a nerf button.
Units which are so busted,you'd think they'd be noble troops.

Forgot to mention the community outside of this forum is pretty much fed up aswell.
You can watch an YT-er Tommykey or something like this and many others,losing in melee as Sturgia with superior numbers and higher tiers.

I think OP would like my mod actually.
Dude I don't want to mod this game for something that's supposed to been made a year ago.

Hi guys
yes the sturgians is really lacking and i always use fians or buy crossbow mercs if i start a sturgian run, but all the units needs to have a second look(stats, armor, weapons, purpose etc.)… and i think Taleworlds will do so.
you see tier 6 units having worse weapons than tier 5, like khans guard with recurve bow and not warbow as tier 5… horse archers with better armor than cavs etc., And it feels like quick fixes from taleworld.
So for now send your good ideas for unit build to Taleworld, and when you start a game recruit after your tactics and not your culture.. good units are plentiful…or repair units in the xml files as you think they should be ?

Back
Top Bottom