How many Days?

Users who are viewing this thread

TaleWorlds should delay the release date for 2022 to 2025 because the game is way to unstable at this moment. There are so many things they promised us in the weekly dev blogs what are still not in the game. I preffer to have an finished stable game instead of an rushed release with 50% lacking in content. They should not add any new content till the bug-list got fixed. We waited for 8 years and for another 3 years i dont care if atleast the game will be how in our visions.

Development hell is great for income, apparently. Punt out a tech demo, do **** all with it for years, and people will still flock to it. 7 Days To Die, Star Citizen, Project Zomboid, ARK, and yes, Bannerlord.

Development hell is great for income, apparently. Punt out a tech demo, do **** all with it for years, and people will still flock to it. 7 Days To Die, Star Citizen, Project Zomboid, ARK, and yes, Bannerlord.

Don't compare Star Citizen to this. Star Citizen, while it runs like garbage, is actually releasing content. Do you know how much you can do in that game? And they are constructing two video games at the same time. I'm not sure it won't turn out to be in development hell or whatnot, but what Star Citizen is is so radically different from any of the games you've mentioned it is comical. It's not at all a fair comparison.

TaleWorlds should delay the release date for 2022 to 2025 because the game is way to unstable at this moment. There are so many things they promised us in the weekly dev blogs what are still not in the game. I preffer to have an finished stable game instead of an rushed release with 50% lacking in content. They should not add any new content till the bug-list got fixed. We waited for 8 years and for another 3 years i dont care if atleast the game will be how in our visions.
Stop. Go to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

If you have the right to complain to them, I have the right to complain about you complaining. Why can't you understand something so simple? You do not have the right to tell us otherwise.
You aren't paying me, pay me some money and then you can say whatever you want. A customer has the right to complain about a product and it isn't your business. Sure you can complain about me if you like but it makes you look like an idiot and a nosy busybody. I mean, there are plenty of people like that, but normally we call them a-holes.

I recommend to the TW defense crew now to argue how proof-of-concept/prototyping/investigation is not really part of the development process, so they could argue that Bannerlord development started later than when it was mentioned first.

So? The game has clearly been in developmental hell for a good portion of development. Things aren't going well, and there's no need to flaunt that in front of TW like it's something to win. TW has issues, that is pretty apparent, but just going "Oh, look how incompetent these idiots are, such ****ing idiots" is literally going to do nothing.

Waiting sucks, I get that, but there are other things to do in the meantime. Literally play a different game. Hell, play Warband. And I know what the response to that will be, "You can't just tell us to play games, TW should have had the game out by now, and the fact that they don't is really bad". And you know what, yeah, in a perfect world it should have been out by now, but it isn't. The game will be done when its done, and telling TW to go faster is going to do literally nothing.

Fan feedback can change a lot of things, speed of development less so. If it were able to, BL would have released in 2012.

I'll explain why fan criticism about slowness is valid, because you just want to shush complaints no matter what.

The question is not only why it took them so long to get here, but also how much time would they need to get to a release, seeing they postponed it twice already.
The constructive part is this: what did they do to address issues that caused slow development, if anything? Since they won't tell us (although they really should) we can guess that nothing was done and the slow pace of development will continue with further postponements in the future and their general inability to measure and predict development progress - they still won't be able to commit to dates and follow through.
While Covid lockdowns may have been an issue with Taleworlds, they actually don't affect (much) well-managed software development projects that proceed at speed despite the teams or individuals all working on different sites or at their homes. Using this as an excuse is just one more indicator of mismanagement at Taleworlds. Did they even try daily Zoom meetings or just went to a vaccation?

So fans are right to complain about the length of development (i.e. slowness) as long as Taleworlds doesn't address the causes. Not criticizing Taleworlds about this is arguably even worse, as they are given a free pass to do whatever while the many customers that paid in advance for their product are forced to wait.

shush complaints
Yeah, no. As for the constructive part, all that matters is that they continue to develop the game. As fans, we don't need to know everything that is going on in the studio. If the devs tell us that the development has been troubled, then it has been troubled. Our input on how to better run their studio will do, quite literally, nothing.

Furthermore, we have gotten an explanation as to why development has been so slow, coming from Mexxico. He already goes into how it has been a difficult decade to develop a game, with a brain drain and civil unrest causing general difficulties, as I would expect them to. He himself says that Covid really hurt the studio. And, if I'm being entirely honest, that is literally all that we need to know as fans. We don't need to know their work schedules, their policy on zoom, we don't need to police how they work. All that matters is that they are working.

Fans can complain about the slowness of the development cycle, but that doesn't mean they're correct or that it'll amount to anything. And not criticizing TW doesn't mean they'll just suddenly have a switch flipped and be able to do nothing for the game. They already have an incentive to develop the game, that being releasing 1.0 and pushing out DLCs. Fans just calling the devs and managers incompetent is going to do literally nothing, and just make the fans look toxic.

And really ask yourself, do you want the game to be released in the state that it is currently in? The reception to the delay always kinda irked me, because I'd rather a company admits that they need more time than push out an unfinished product. To get this on record, I guess, I literally do not care how long the EA is. This isn't out of some "Oh yes TW, you're the best and I'll always support you" mentality, but just out of pragmatism. I have other games to play when the game is being worked on, and when the game is released it'll be released in the state the devs think is acceptable.

So? The game has clearly been in developmental hell for a good portion of development. Things aren't going well, and there's no need to flaunt that in front of TW like it's something to win. TW has issues, that is pretty apparent, but just going "Oh, look how incompetent these idiots are, such ****ing idiots" is literally going to do nothing.
Regardless of development difficulties, 10 years is a REALLY long time for a game. Criticizing a company for taking this long, and then still releasing half-working EAs, is valid. But it brings another question - there's a few months left to release, and judging by current development speed, that's not so much. Are they going to add more features into the game? Or leave it barebones, as it is now? Are bugfixes the only thing we are going to get till full release? Or are critical features (that older games had, even) being deliberately kept out of main release, to be released in DLCs? Again, that would be incredibly sad, considering I considered (and still do consider) TW to be one of the better game companies.

Also, I never called them names, so don't go for that strawman.

Waiting sucks, I get that, but there are other things to do in the meantime.
And I have patience to wait. I could wait for 2 more years for this game to meet expectations. However, I need to see, that they are actually working on things, that the wait is not in vain. But how many major features we had since release of EA? Hardly any. And considering it's been almost 1,5 years since release of EA, and only a few months left...
Yeah, no. As for the constructive part, all that matters is that they continue to develop the game. As fans, we don't need to know everything that is going on in the studio.
Wrong. If fans (customers) were sensible, they would demand a transparent (within reason) development. For we invest in their product, and thus, deserve to know what's going on. Especially considering, that paying for EA is, in part, investing in promises. Transparency of development is crucial.
They already have an incentive to develop the game, that being releasing 1.0 and pushing out DLCs.
DLCs is a rather troubling idea for a game, that's part of a franchise, that's known for it's mods. Not to mention, that holding back essential features to release them separately is a kind of scam, that most western AAA companies are getting flamed and boycotted over.
Fans just calling the devs and managers incompetent is going to do literally nothing, and just make the fans look toxic.
Constructive criticism is NEVER "toxic". It's necessary.
And really ask yourself, do you want the game to be released in the state that it is currently in?
No. Which is why I am worried, looking at current development.

Bottom-line:
As mentioned before, none of this is me flaming TW. But there are issues with the game, and with development. And it's quite late into EA as well. Concern, and certain amount of criticism, are more than justified. And @Phantom425 - it's good that you are supportive of them, but blind defense is not going to do anything good for anyone. Fans have every right to complain when something's wrong. As well they should.

Last edited:
And, well. For a game, that's been in development since 2010

Bannerlord development started in 2012

And it's quite late into EA as well.
1 year of EA is nothing. 2 years is nothing. You can say that when we reached 5 years :xf-wink:

Wrong. If fans (customers) were sensible, they would demand a transparent (within reason) development. For we invest in their product, and thus, deserve to know what's going on. Especially considering, that paying for EA is, in part, investing in promises. Transparency of development is crucial.
We don't need to know everything that is going on within development. When there is an issue with development, TW will delay the game, which they have already done.

As for what we know, we know what they intend on adding by the release date, that much was shown in the future plans post. We know those are the features that will be in the game on release.
Constructive criticism is NEVER "toxic". It's necessary.
Calling people incompetent isn't constructive criticism, and that's what I was referring to in the text that you yourself quoted.
blind defense
Ok

Back
Top Bottom