In Progress Problem with graphic (Don't know how to fix this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Hello everyone,

I have a graphics problem and I don't know how to fix it. The problem is with the graphics on the world map. The graphics are grim, as if the graphics engine has gone back 15 years. I wrote about this problem once and no one helped me, but I had no proof of it. Now I have found and unfortunately I have not found a solution. Browsing through old saves I found a game the graphics are fine but when you enter and exit menus, inventory or stats it causes a graphics issue. After reloading, there is no problem, but when I enter the menu, for example, the problem appears again and so every time. I don't know if anyone understands so I'll add two photos here. As you can see, the problem is quite serious, because the graphics become pale and colorless, which discourages me from playing ... That's why I haven't played for about a year ... Please help! I have all the sliders at their maximum and the game ran smoothly in over 80 frames. I also don't have any mods. The problem has been around before, around version 1.5.

Without problem

MLmyNwU.jpg

Problem

0pddL1K.jpg

GPU: Gtx 1660 S
GPU Driver Version: latest
CPU:Ryzen 5 3600
RAM:16gb
Motherboard: MSI b450-a pro max
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):SSD

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the answer. I just uploaded a file called: "New version and still problem". Without the quotation marks, of course. Thanks for your help, hope someone can find a solution.

I don't know what it looks like next, but I have downloaded version 1.5.1 and the problem is no longer there. I even downloaded the beta version 1.6.3 and there is a problem too ... I don't remember exactly which version the problem started with, but I think it's 1.5.3 - 1.5.5. When I have a moment, I will download each version and check it, but for now I can play on version 1.5.1? : /

Last edited:
Hello, i will forward your save file and the issue to the QA team. Meanwhile, can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?

Hello, i will forward your save file and the issue to the QA team. Meanwhile, can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?
Hi,
I followed the recommendations by deleting folders, but it didn't help. I've already tried reinstalling the game a few times, removing all of its leftovers, but that didn't help. The graphics bug only occurs above version 1.5.1.

Hello, our team was not able to reproduce the issue. Can you please capture a video of the issue happening? it could help us understand the issue.

I have the same issue.. I just bought the game. been playing MB1 for years. I actually thought it was supposed to look like that.. but seeing his first picture. I guess not..

I just installed the newest nvidia drivers also..

I have the same issue.. I just bought the game. been playing MB1 for years. I actually thought it was supposed to look like that.. but seeing his first picture. I guess not..

I just installed the newest nvidia drivers also..
Hello, do you also experience the issue mid-game? if so can you please record of a video of it happening so i can forward it to the QA team?

Hello, our team was not able to reproduce the issue. Can you please capture a video of the issue happening? it could help us understand the issue.

Hello, of course, and forgive that it took so long, but only today did I find some time. I put the film on youtube. As you can see, despite the latest version and maximum settings, the problem still exists and unfortunately I have no idea how to solve it. I really hope you find a reason. Thank you and best regards.

Hello, i have been informed that the devs was not able to reproduce the issue. They also added that if the issue is persistent on a new campaign on e1.6.5, this could be linked with an atmospheric change that has been added to the game in the earlier versions. At this point they could not find any problems that could be the reason for this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. Should the issue be persistant in the future updates, please try a clean install.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Hello, i have been informed that the devs was not able to reproduce the issue. They also added that if the issue is persistent on a new campaign on e1.6.5, this could be linked with an atmospheric change that has been added to the game in the earlier versions. At this point they could not find any problems that could be the reason for this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. Should the issue be persistant in the future updates, please try a clean install.
The latest version of the game, and unfortunately it still happens. I have already lost hope of solving this problem.

Out of curiosity, I was looking for a solution on YouTube and noticed that the problem is global. For example, here is a youtube video, watch the second 2:05 then the guy enters the character statistics and leaves 2:13. The graphics faded, just like in my case, so the problem is not with the hardware or drivers, but the game itself has a bug. Interestingly, entering and exiting statistics, settings, or inventory fixes / deteriorates graphics and so on endlessly. Maybe it will help to solve the problem?

Last edited:
Hello, i have watched the video, but could not see any changes like in the first set of screenshots you have sent. I have forwarded the video and the post to devs again, i will update the post if there is any development or info needed about the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello, i have watched the video, but could not see any changes like in the first set of screenshots you have sent. I have forwarded the video and the post to devs again, i will update the post if there is any development or info needed about the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for the answer. Look carefully at the colors in minutes 2:05 and 2:13. Graphics pales a bit. Oddly enough, when we re-enter the inventory, statistics or settings - the graphics will return to normal, but each next entry / exit fixes / corrupts the graphics and so on endlessly.

uçanbiblo
Good morning! I don't know how, but in version 1.6.5 the problem is no more. Graphics are back to normal. I checked entering the inventory, statistics, settings as in previous versions and the graphics seem to be correct. I'm in shock. Creators unknowingly fixed the graphics? It suits me, I am amazed. Just such a small gift for Christmas. I will finally be able to play! :smile:

Hey, i am glad the problem is solved.
Creators unknowingly fixed the graphics?
it could be that the problem was rooting from another bug which got fixed with the update, it is pretty common to see one fix fixing multiple problems, as well as one bug breaking multiple features since the codings are usually intertwined. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom