Need More Info D3D_device_context_->Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-08-30_04.04.40_e69b5d9940666960be9f57ac5582dec2

Jarl Snow

Recruit
Summary:
Ive been running the game stable for a long time in 1.6.1 and was finally trying to conquer all calradia after 4 months of not playing single player.
Game was running without problems for a long time 2 weeks or so. Started noticing crashes at 1000 man battles so i tuned down settings and now no matter what i do i will crash regardless of setting ive tried going very low etc. doesnt work. Tried the page file fix. Tried full reinstall of windows / bannerlord and nothing seems to fix this its not just this save aswell. If i go to skirmish MP i will also crash eventually after some kills / time. My pc runs any other game without problems: LoL, AC valhalla, Fortnite etc.
Im 100% sure theres some patch that forces memory leak and crashes the battle once i take it. Its not only for this battle if i create an army and fight a battle 1500 vs 1000 Etc. im not gonna get pass 100 casualties. In sieges same thing happens almost instantly.
Ive tried everything i can but i cant find enough info regarding this D3D device context error.

How to Reproduce: Take the battle and avoid crashing around 50-150 kills
Have you used cheats and if so which: NO
Scene Name (if related): Battle terrain 032 idk according to this
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU:2080 TI
GPU Driver Version:471.68 WHQL
CPU:INTEL CORE i9-9900K @ 3.60GHZ
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard:Asus ROG maximus XI HERO edition z390
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 256x 2 SSD Samsung evo

Can you try this workaround?

A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash​

If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience.

No matter what I do, with mods or without. I get the same crash. I bought the exact recommended AMD gpu, and I get the same message as above, yet with this included. “Last executed marker: Only supported with nvidia gpus and windows 10.” Is this some sly way to market for nvidia? And if bannerlord is created using so many nvidia design softwares, is an amd gpu something that you should be recommending? I feel like a wasted a grand on a faulty recommendation.

My game crashes during small 10 person skirmishes, in menus, on campaign map, trying to load saved game, etc etc etc. is this my gpu or the games incompatibility with my gpu?

Can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?
Also, are your GPU drivers up to date?
Last executed marker: Only supported with nvidia gpus and windows 10.” Is this some sly way to market for nvidia? And if bannerlord is created using so many nvidia design softwares, is an amd gpu something that you should be recommending? I feel like a wasted a grand on a faulty recommendation.
That is a debug log. It does not have any correlation with how the game runs. Nvidia can log more information on GPU crashes, that's the only difference.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. There are many people out there losing confidence in their AMD gpus because of this message. It’s not very clear. Regarding verifying game files, my internet is garbage and it will take me days to verify. I deleted the contents and tried and I just got black half done textures so I’m guessing I deleted some core components. I have the most recent update of AMD drivers, it actually crashed faster then usual after I downloaded it. A different kind of crash that made my screen flicker and go out of control (AMD fault I believe) I wish I could figure out how to post a video of it happening.

Well regardless of that thank you for the prompt response, you have at least alleviated some stress . : )

I picked up Bannerlord again and sure as hell after giving it a year I ran into this error again, I did some digging online and in the error logs, and where I usually got 1~2 crashes per hour, I found a post somewhere online that mentioned deleting the Mount and Blade Bannerlord folder inside the c:/Program Data/ folder, all I did was rename my original one to end with .BAK and upon launching the game again it created a new folder, and since then I have not had another crash, so here's me holding thumbs that I don't get these crashes again.

Back
Top Bottom