All right, so who asked deaths to be removed from the score board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Deaths is an important thing to know cuz it always helps to know how well you're performing in terms of kills and assists. That death counter can also work as a motivation to do better.

They removed deaths so when the noobs play skirmish and land at the bottom of the scoreboard with 0 kills and 10 deaths don't feel sad and delay the ragequit from multiplayer. There is no other logical explanation.

This thread is going to be another thread of all of us speculating why this was done instead of the specific community oriented person in taleworlds explaining why this was done.

Even if that person wasn't present during this meeting, it sure wouldn't be much just to ASK your fellow MP employees about why it was done?

They removed deaths so when the noobs play skirmish and land at the bottom of the scoreboard with 0 kills and 10 deaths don't feel sad and delay the ragequit from multiplayer. There is no other logical explanation.
After all you've seen, why would you assume taleworlds use logic when deciding what to implement?

At this point it could even be plausible that they are just pretending they are working on mp by changing useless stuff to keep you interested.
Or maybe they are secretly building a space rocket to leave the planet before the next zombie's apocalypse and bannerlord is just a cover.
Idk man whatever it is, it's not that logic:lol:

I think the worst part about this is the complete radio silence on this topic from TW's side. Like we had these situations in the past where dumb changes were implemented, but at least a dev or two would come out and say what their thoughts were behind making them. However, with this one it's almost as if the couple of developers who do browse the forums realize how pants on head retarded this change is that all they can do is silently hang their heads in shame.

I am not even going to use the word "controversial", because that would be wrong. I'm sure if you polled this **** on the forums it would get exactly 0 votes of people in favor for this "feature" unless someone decided to troll.

I'm pretty sure that even casual players would never vote for removing deaths from scoreboard. This is nonsense.
I'm a filthy casual and I enjoyed having a death count. Helps me to see how good I'm doing. It doesn't matter that some units die at higher rate than others. I can factor that in my own head.

Neither comp and casual players ever agreed on this.

Literally no one i ever know on this forum or in the game in general would even come to the conclusion to remove deaths from the leaderboard would somehow make the game better.

The mental gymnastics that taleworlds does in these meetings are nothing but close to impossible to replicate.

unknown.png

For those who don't know what this topic is about.
Dumbest change yet. Next thing you know you wont be able to see how many losses you have...

Why is it that the MP community still not gets involved in literally anything? You lay out the red carpet for the next bull**** that nobody wants or needs while the house is suffering from existing fires in forms of unaddressed bugs and crashes. You literally pouring oil into the flames. I’m so sick of it. Why do you guys at TW fail in such a fatal way to provide simplest communication and creating a dozen problems more in every process you implement. It does not only feel that the dev team does not play MP it’s pretty much proven since the last patch.
Let's be honest, I often play multiplayer and I'm almost always in complete disagreement with those who post in this section. I disagree on most concepts, on the whole pseudo-e-sport things, on how to approach it at a structural level.
Even then, I'm still part of the MP community, I *am* one of the few people left who actually play this online.

I understand why people are this upset about K/D: it's because most people here feel good when they have 40/2. We all do. Let's be honest though: the reason the experience is so terrible is 80% taleworlds' fault and 20% on the players. Players don't play the objective, know why? Because they will get more deaths than kills, and we can't have that now, can we? They either go around with a two-hander and kill people from the back, goof around while on horseback or camp with bow and crossbow. Remove the K/D, and people just MIGHT be more willing to stress out less and play the objective more. I've actually advocated for removing K/D from multiplayer games since the first Call of Duty.
Ah, and before you point the finger, I'm usually 3:1 here, 10:1 in most fps - it's really not about what feels good but what makes the matches interesting and not completely nonsensical.

That said, it is a SMALL thing that didn't need addressing now that the whole experience is a travesty and the servers die every 2.5 seconds.

I understand why people are this upset about K/D: it's because most people here feel good when they have 40/2. We all do. Let's be honest though: the reason the experience is so terrible is 80% taleworlds' fault and 20% on the players. Players don't play the objective, know why? Because they will get more deaths than kills, and we can't have that now, can we? They either go around with a two-hander and kill people from the back, goof around while on horseback or camp with bow and crossbow. Remove the K/D, and people just MIGHT be more willing to stress out less and play the objective more. I've actually advocated for removing K/D from multiplayer games since the first Call of Duty.
Ah, and before you point the finger, I'm usually 3:1 here, 10:1 in most fps - it's really not about what feels good but what makes the matches interesting and not completely nonsensical.
Notice how every dumb post in the MP section begins with some kind of TDM anecdote.

Back
Top Bottom