SP - General Minimum peace period

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we have some kind of set time frame of peace after 2 kingdoms makes peace?

In my current game, we finally beat the Vlandians back and got a decent tribute offer but it only last one week in game because we went into a war with the North and West Empire and I guess the AI saw that as a good opportunity to attack us and so Vlandians declared war on us again.

Can we have some kind of set time frame of peace after 2 kingdoms makes peace?

In my current game, we finally beat the Vlandians back and got a decent tribute offer but it only last one week in game because we went into a war with the North and West Empire and I guess the AI saw that as a good opportunity to attack us and so Vlandians declared war on us again.
Currently, if two factions made peace, there is a 30 days truce time.

And the AI factions like to declare war and the next day to make peace with the same faction.
Sometimes is even stranger, they declare war and in the next hour is peace again.

They should add a minimum war time and increases the truce period to 10 years,

Maybe it could be made part of the peace agreement in the same way as tribute. Like 'Vlandia offers peace, agreeing not to declare war for 160 days if we pay 1000 tribute per day' or something like that.

Do you realize that's 840 days in BL?
Do you know the game has a dynasty system?
If the truce period is too short factions can easily declare war again and get destroyed because of lots of heroes deaths and lost of fiefs.

if the truce period is increased, fewer wars = fewer heroes deaths and stronger factions and clans get the ability to survive the first years.
You know some clans can easily destroyed by the death of one member.

Exsmple:
The fen Caernacht clan has only one member who can get married and have childs, if this hero died in battle the clan will die out, because the other two heroes in the clan are to old for having childs and they are married.

Last edited:
Do you know the game has a dynasty system?
If the truce period is too short factions can easily declare war again and get destroyed because of lots of heroes deaths and lost of fiefs.

if the truce period is increased, fewer wars = fewer heroes deaths and stronger factions and clans get the ability to survive the first years.
You know some clans can easily destroyed by the death of one member.
I don't see some clans dying off as a bad thing.

I don't see some clans dying off as a bad thing.
No, them dying is not a bad thing but the impact on the game for them dying is harch! There would need to be a clan replacement mechanism where AI kingdoms "appoints" new clans. IE the loss of a clan would result in a new clan emerging to fill the void. the clan ofc should have a lower level but at least the party-count and with it the balance should stay unharmed, even if the fief-structure was to be a bit re-arranged.

I'd like it wars were rarer too but there would at least need to be waaay more quests and stuff to do.
Yeah I feel like this horse has been beaten, revived with vile necromancy and then beaten to redeath. The only reason they had problems with snowballing is because there was literally nothing to do but war, so factions never had(stilll don't) have time to recover, because they usually just finish one war because someone else declared a new one on them. Alternatively and also commonly they stay at peace for a week or so and declare war on someone else, and the castles haven't had time to gain militia, and the lords parties were still trained as crappy recruits.

We need peacetime activities, and lots of it. gang management, feasting and hunting competitions. some sort of social/intrigue event system you can integrate with the clan and criminal system. Peacetime means recovery time. They could even just make it so there are lightning wars where quick border skirmishes are done just to take back de-jure land that was lost or something while the enemy is preoccupied in another war.

I mean currently around day 2000days on my game.. Wars are never ending. Just like how I was originally complaining about how 1 kingdom will make peace only to go back to war with us as soon as they see us as weaker because we get into another war with another kingdom. I find there is literally no time to do quests by then because you have to move from one side of the map to another side to defend settlements.

That's why I'm asking for at least a truce of 2 months (in-game) so then at least we can focus on another kingdom or do some quests or some other (non-existent/unimplemented) thing.

And the Factions currently declares wars they can not win.
In my game: First Vlandia declares war and after a short time 37 heroes are prisoners, then the northern empire and my prisoner heroes grows larger and larger with every war declared against my faction.
They should make it so, if you captured the faction leader, the faction should surrender or be disbanded.

Currently, if two factions made peace, there is a 30 days truce time.

And the AI factions like to declare war and the next day to make peace with the same faction.
Sometimes is even stranger, they declare war and in the next hour is peace again.

They should add a minimum war time and increases the truce period to 10 years,
That cant be right?

In my plays I've had factions declare in much less time, even if you are talking about how bannerlord timewarps etc.
Should be min 30 ingame days.

I've had war declared within 3-7 days after.

Overall by haveing longer peace it would also counter snowballing effects aswell or the degree that is an issue anymore(tbh its not noticable imo in 1.65 beta)

--

Addendum I call bs on the 30 day truce time.
Unless my game is bugged.

Had war with Vlandia as Battania that lasted for some time, but not "excessive".
They wanted peace when Western Empire declared war.

Peace with Vlandia
Day 2 Battania declares war on Western Empire
Day 5 Vlandia declares war on Battania.

There MUST be a peace time added into this game(read I will use mods unless so its not biggie or mod it myself soon as the game goes retail).
But the lack of peace is kind of frustrating/annoying/boring/repetitive and just removes any true use of the sandbox.

I mean if you want endless battles, there is skirmish modes to be played instead of those so inclined.

Ideally there would be as others suggest 30 ingame days of peace.
During this time tribute is paid.
After this period tribute expires.
Peace/truce is still ongoing until 1 side declares war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom