Abuse of the votekicking system needs serious attention

Users who are viewing this thread

And for pickups. Say a player crashes, and is able to get back into lobby quickly enough for the game to still run (and before round 2 ends IIRC). Should the other 5 people in the one pickup team be able to kick the players who join the crashed player's spot?

And the thing about abusive chat. Could this not just be solved by muting the person?

How much leniency should be shown to people who are AFK? Should they be able to stay AFK for several rounds? 1 round?

Is delaying by running around the map on a horse while being the last one/hiding/camping spawn trolling? You could argue that the opposing team can just cap flags.

Is 2 teamkills per round enough to be kicked? What about 5? What if the teamkills are clearly not intentional, maybe the player in question is just used to playing TDM with no team damage.

Should we hold higher skilled/experienced players to higher standards? If an experienced player acquires the same amount of teamkills as a lower skilled player, should he/she have a lower tolerance to be kicked? The argument being that the experienced player can obviously hold/time their swings better.

Glitching. People using cav rear glitch? What about map glitches?

I don't think all of these questions have 100 % consensus, which is why I am interested in hearing specific opinions about this. Rather than people alluding to some sort of consensus we either; supposedly have reached, or Taleworlds have clarified.

------------------------------

Taleworlds code of conduct:
"Apply fair play to everything you do in-game. Don’t use third-party hacks or exploits."
"Don’t abuse bugs or glitches that affect the game outcome, instead report them here."
- Do we agree what exploits, bugs and glitches are?

"Don’t troll by abusing in-game features to limit other players’ gameplay or inhibit their ability to win."
- Widely open to interpretation. Going alone? Picking shield inf and dropping shield? Refusing to 2v1 last enemy, instead allowing the enemy to kill your teammate because the enemy asked for a duel?

"Team-kills/hits can occur in the heat of the game and are understandable while accidental. Excessive team damage and intentional team kills/hits aren’t permitted."
- Not quantified

"Do not disconnect, leave the game, go AFK, refuse to play in game modes which require your active participation to establish a fair playing environment. We understand that various offline events can interrupt your gaming session but don’t make it a habit."
- Etc.
You are nitpicking now lol. Its casual matchmaking, someone going off on its own is not a problem. You can tell him off, but no need to kick him out. You are asking for specific situations, common sense should be applied, but it seems its completely lacking in this community :mrgreen:

No - other people should not be kicked for not conforming to what you think is the best strategy.

Yes, abusive chat is a reason for a votekick and no, muting is not a solution.
Kicking people over abusive chat won't change anything tho. They'll just get into another game, and keep chatting sh*t.

People definitely shouldn't be kicked for anything to do with pickups... that's enitrely unfair and not the fault/intention of the person who got auto-matched into the game.

AFK/Abusive/Obstructive, or otherwise against common sense/TW code of conduct should be worth kicking (And you should have to put the reason from a drop down, like when reporting imo)

The problems are;
1. No battle server with 50+ people. With these numbers you can afford to have some roleplayers/trolls/less-skilled people. (It is very much possible to learn how to become decent at Mount and Blade combat through siege btw.)
2. No ability to change teams in skirmish. If we could do this, I would be happy to transfer over to self-balance the teams.
3. Voice has such low volume, if it was higher, I could see myself giving more call outs. Trying to text and lead is too much work.
4. Stacks and Solo is same matchmaker (too few people for both)
5. We are too few people to have real ranked and unranked

Well in many clubs that kind of is how it works, only problem here is that there are no low-level clubs to learn.
Thats when they reach a competitive level, which this ranked skirmish isn't clubs like real madrid and barcelona accepts people at a young age then they start filtering them when they reach the age of 12-13

Of course you can call other players ****, if ur not in RM or DM. Don't get why you're mentioning those clans specifically. There are many other clans that are decent, and would probably be even better than RM and DM if they had played the game as much as the people on those 2 clans have.

So you're saying, if a bad player teamkills you 3 times by accident, you're not gonna kick him? I think we both know, that that's not true. Also, I've seen some of the white knights in this thread, who are complaining so very much about the votekicking system, kick players that teamkilled them like once. As reason they then always state: "Uh didnt say sorry".

Could not have said it any better! But Death is a lost cause anyways, cuz he actually thinks he matters, when in truth he's the one that destroyed KW. It's kinda pathetic of Death to even comment on this thread ngl...
says the guy whose clan is disbanded lol

The problem is people who are unable to glean anything at all from losing experiences. You have people with 1000 hours in this game who pick light cavalry or archers on Hillfort and lose their team a 2 round lead. It should actually be made much easier to kick people. I recommend perhaps a decrease from 4 to 3 Yes votes as the kick threshold.

The problem is people who are unable to glean anything at all from losing experiences. You have people with 1000 hours in this game who pick light cavalry or archers on Hillfort and lose their team a 2 round lead. It should actually be made much easier to kick people. I recommend perhaps a decrease from 4 to 3 Yes votes as the kick threshold.
Preferably this would be solved with ranked matchmaking. Then such behaviour would tank their ELO until they play with others of the same skill level.

No - other people should not be kicked for not conforming to what you think is the best strategy.

Yes, abusive chat is a reason for a votekick and no, muting is not a solution.
Although conforming to a strategy in its entirety is not a realistic expectation, Beast of Rome did touch upon an important subject. The key aspect is that guidelines will never be able to cover every individual situation. For example, the whole team is calling to go A together and one of the players decides to go B nonetheless, then it seems to me that team has a valid reason of getting rid of the player. In the same way, it is nearly impossible to make rules for every specific event simply because the list would be over 100 pages long. The key takeaway is that the validity of a kick depends on general common sense.

Although conforming to a strategy in its entirety is not a realistic expectation, Beast of Rome did touch upon an important subject. The key aspect is that guidelines will never be able to cover every individual situation. For example, the whole team is calling to go A together and one of the players decides to go B nonetheless, then it seems to me that team has a valid reason of getting rid of the player. In the same way, it is nearly impossible to make rules for every specific event simply because the list would be over 100 pages long. The key takeaway is that the validity of a kick depends on general common sense.
That would be the case if it was a ranked matchmaking, which is not. You play willingly knowing people are casual

Back
Top Bottom