How many Days?

Users who are viewing this thread

It has been 565 calendar days or 385 working days since this game has came out and siege battles are still broken.....

That is all

I have no serious problems with sieges, yes there are problems but some problems seem to counter other problems so final result is acceptable sieges ..

Remember, quick game play over realism.

Perhaps you could tell us, based on your years of experience as a game developer, how long it should take?
Total 5 years tops for developing a game with a proprietary engine is what the industry says - any other smug questions?
Major EA issues need to be sorted in the first few months of the EA, or the EA needs to be postponed. Sieges are a core part of the experience and are still not fixed.
It has been 565 calendar days or 385 working days since this game has came out and siege battles are still broken.....

That is all
What's impressive is how many non-working days are at any given period of time. Do we really need all that downtime?

Last edited:
I guess, because it is their game and their hoped-for profit... they can take as long as they want to do or fix anything. They are not obliged to us for anything.

It is up to us whether we're wanting to stick with the game. So I guess either be ok with the time they're taking, or walk away from the game?

I'm sure all the crying in the forums helps motivate them tho. Keep it up.

I guess, because it is their game and their hoped-for profit... they can take as long as they want to do or fix anything. They are not obliged to us for anything.

It is up to us whether we're wanting to stick with the game. So I guess either be ok with the time they're taking, or walk away from the game?

I'm sure all the crying in the forums helps motivate them tho. Keep it up.

I am not saying I agree with the OP or anything, but this kind of post is disingenuous. We can't "walk" away because we already paid. If I could get a refund then your comment would have some validity to it. As paying customers who can't just "walk" away, I think people have the right to complain about things which they may think is excessive. It has been a considerable amount of time for the game to be in EA and it is true that the combat is still buggy in many ways.

I am not saying I agree with the OP or anything, but this kind of post is disingenuous. We can't "walk" away because we already paid. If I could get a refund then your comment would have some validity to it. As paying customers who can't just "walk" away, I think people have the right to complain about things which they may think is excessive. It has been a considerable amount of time for the game to be in EA and it is true that the combat is still buggy in many ways.

It was your choice to buy the game, when they made it particularly clear in the terms that the game was in development, and there was no official timeline.

Perhaps you could tell us, based on your years of experience as a game developer, how long it should take?
I don't think that anyone here would seriously argue that the 11 years this game has been ' in development' is anywhere close to acceptable

And it's the same for the Early Access time. TW are massively, ridiculously late and behind schedule in every way .... and they admit this.

So take your little attempt at sarcasm elsewhere please.

I really wasn't hoping to see modders fix sieges before taleworlds but here it is, color me surprised...
Same here, I remember TW saying that sieges is a very complex problem, which includes thousands of components, so, fixing AI is by no means a simple task and will require time.

Modders in the meantime: hold my beer, Taleworlds...

I really wasn't hoping to see modders fix sieges before taleworlds but here it is, color me surprised...
It is not a fix, it is a workaround.
From what I can understand is that the mod is forcing the AI to go up and forward.
I'm pretty sure TW did consider this approach too.
One possible reason that TW will not "fix" the towers that way is that it could be considered as a short term and non professional solution.
Setting such constraints to the AI may lead to other strange behaviours.
But that's some great effort from that modder to propose a way to make towers work until TW actually fix them.

It is not a fix, it is a workaround.
From what I can understand is that the mod is forcing the AI to go up and forward.
I'm pretty sure TW did consider this approach too.
One possible reason that TW will not "fix" the towers that way is that it could be considered as a short term and non professional solution.
Setting such constraints to the AI may lead to other strange behaviours.
But that's some great effort from that modder to propose a way to make towers work until TW actually fix them.
So the better alternative is to have them not use the ladders and just stand under the walls and get shot to death? That's more professional than having a somewhat working solution?

So the better alternative is to have them not use the ladders and just stand under the walls and get shot to death? That's more professional than having a somewhat working solution?
Taleworlds' policy is to not provide temporary solutions because players should not have fun during the EA, they should just shut up and test. :smile:

A somewhat working fix would limit the chance to track any root cause.
Madvader is right, we are just forced testers!
Taleworlds' policy is to not provide temporary solutions because players should not have fun during the EA, they should just shut up and test. :smile:
"We are healed of a suffering only by experiencing it to the full."

A somewhat working fix would limit the chance to track any root cause.
Madvader is right, we are just forced testers!

"We are healed of a suffering only by experiencing it to the full."
Could just have the temporary fix in the main branch and keep the beta for testing.
Hoping they're overhauling siege towers anyway.

Back
Top Bottom