Beta Patch Notes e1.6.4

Users who are viewing this thread

front.jpg
side.jpg

The new helmet for those that are interested ^ :smile:
Looks cool, wish you could equip the crowns in your civilian outfit.

This will be fun to test out, but already see an issue with when the player wants to a take new fief to make a new clan (from companions) but is unable to own the fief do to "the game"'s election system and forced to give fiefs to already existing clans.
This is definitely an issue for existing games.

My guess is their assumption is that these companion clans will likely be the first in your kingdom. So realistically this shouldn't be a major issue for new games. I know i will be upgrading companions first before recruiting now. 20k and 500 influence points is nothing.

@Dejan Also can we just make infinite clans now? I assume once a companion becomes a noble it frees up another companion spot so you can just keep recruiting companions and turning them into clans.

• A system that approximates local superiority has now been implemented.
    • This helps AI agents to distinguish a nearby lone enemy that they can kill from a group of enemies. They can then choose to fight or move towards their assigned tactical position in hopes of better odds.
    • A minor random element was also introduced that slightly influences decision scores.
What I understand is that now enemies will not cross each other without fighting just because they were ordered to go to a specific position.
We see that during siege for exemple, when you are alone on the wall and a group of enemy just pass aside you just like if you were not existing.
Now they will evaluate the odds and attack you (or any other lone ennemy).
Though I may be wrong and also I'm wondering about about the "minor random element"...
@Dejan can you explain a little more this new system?

I was thinking it was related to the campaing map, but now i have no clue

You're buffing Khuzait again?
Are you kidding me?

@Apocal you're seeign this,right?
Is this what you are talking about?
Other
  • Glaive weapons used in Khuzait tournaments now deal blunt damage.
  • 'Khuzait Darkhan' now has 60 Bow Skill Level and 80 Throwing Skill Level (previously 80 Bow and 60 Throwing).
  • Removed the non-civilian weapon 'Heavy Flanged Mace' from Khuzait noble civilian equipment sets.
The Darkhan is an infantry with javs, so it made no sense they had higher bow than javs. The other changes have no impact on balance. I wouldn't call these a buff. Did i miss something?

What I understand is that now enemies will not cross each other without fighting just because they were ordered to go to a specific position.
We see that during siege for exemple, when you are alone on the wall and a group of enemy just pass aside you just like if you were not existing.
The changes were made (in part) to improve such situations. There may still be cases, though, where an AI agent prioritizes their tactical goal over a nearby, lone enemy.
Though I may be wrong and also I'm wondering about about the "minor random element"...
It should make agents act less robotic. Having said that, it only slightly influences decision scores, meaning that the variation will still be among high scores and logical rather than "random".
I was thinking it was related to the campaing map, but now i have no clue
It's related to combat agent AI in the missions.
@Dejan Also can we just make infinite clans now? I assume once a companion becomes a noble it frees up another companion spot so you can just keep recruiting companions and turning them into clans.
There's no hard limit, yes. But you need money, influence and a settlement to give to a companion. The last condition is quite significant and should not make it particularly easy to create an unlimited amount of clans. You could in theory make them a noble, expel them and conquer their settlement and then repeat the process but it's quite tedious - and would provide little benefit for the player.

You could in theory make them a noble, expel them and conquer their settlement and then repeat the process but it's quite tedious - and would provide little benefit for the player.
"That's where you're wrong, kiddo."

edit:
seriously though, having 2+ parties running around is a big boon to player kingdom power.

Last edited:
There's no hard limit, yes. But you need money, influence and a settlement to give to a companion. The last condition is quite significant and should not make it particularly easy to create an unlimited amount of clans.
Great point, that is a good constraint. Also you probably run into the issue @Ananda_The_Destroyer brought up where once you have 3 vassal clans you basically stop appearing in the vote for new fiefs. So my guess is after 3 companion clans it gets much harder to make more.

You could in theory make them a noble, expel them and conquer their settlement and then repeat the process but it's quite tedious - and would provide little benefit for the player.
giphy.gif
?

Is this what you are talking about?

The Darkhan is an infantry with javs, so it made no sense they had higher bow than javs. The other changes have no impact on balance. I wouldn't call these a buff. Did i miss something?
You know what's an anti cavalry infantry?
The Spearmen?
They have 24 body armor.

They need more body armour and more 1H skill and Polearm Skill

• A system that approximates local superiority has now been implemented.
    • This helps AI agents to distinguish a nearby lone enemy that they can kill from a group of enemies. They can then choose to fight or move towards their assigned tactical position in hopes of better odds.
    • A minor random element was also introduced that slightly influences decision scores.

I think they’re addressing the issue of entire formations Bee-lining to a random strangler that got in close proximity when told to attack rather than the enemy unit.

I am waiting for the game to update, has anyone tested if the gear giving no xp is fixed? I am so happy with the regular updates rather then wait a month for a big patch :grin: Keep it up guys!
Someone made a fix for the siege towers in a mod, maybe you should implement it as a temporary fix till you figure it out.

So i just tested out promoting a companion and had an issue with their flag using the primary color for the symbol. You can barely tell there is a symbol at all, but it is there.
mhYNC.jpg

It was on an older game so might not be an issue with new games. Anyone else experience this?

Back
Top Bottom