Hard coding limits detracting from game play

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, I'm Tier 6 and am hitting limits that are screwing up my game.

Limits

(1) Only 4 Parties are allowed ? Why ? Major kingdoms can have as many clan vassals as they like yet any independent kingdom is only limited to 4 parties !! ??
(2) Only 9 Companions ? Why ? I'm a major kingdom, I need more than single digit companions..
(3) Only 7 Shops ? Why ? I own 4 cities and 5 Castles, I have the settlements to hold the shops.

Why the hard coded limits ?? Not acceptable ..

Last edited:
"Game Balance".

I am not a fan of hard coded limits either, especially not ones like this. But...

1)You can get more than 4 parties, the same way the major empires do - have more clans than just your own. Get out there and do some recruiting.

2)This one is a serious pain. I suppose you could justify it as companions being the specific hirelings that you get particularly close to, but the mechanics don't actually support that.

3)They really don't seem to want you making money from anything other than fighting (and apparently smithing).

Fortunately there are mods to lift those caps.

They think that you want to recruit vassals or that there is anything fun or useful about having vassals and playing the way they intend.
I agree, you should be able to make as many parties as you want and also control them and order them around, otherwise what's the point?

"Game Balance".
Rejected, there's no balance at all and TW has made a bandaid ?mummy out of the AI to keep it in constant wars and slow progress, throwing the player's faction experience into the dirt in doing so.

"Game Balance".

I am not a fan of hard coded limits either, especially not ones like this. But...

1)You can get more than 4 parties, the same way the major empires do - have more clans than just your own. Get out there and do some recruiting.

I've tried that a million times, only 2 considered my opinions, both eventually failed. There should NOT be hard coded game play on gaining new "groups" . If you cannot get clans into your kingdom then using Parties should be an alternative .

2)This one is a serious pain. I suppose you could justify it as companions being the specific hirelings that you get particularly close to, but the mechanics don't actually support that.

I don't understand the limit here, If I'm willing to spend $$$$$ to retrain / equip etc a companion , there should be no limit. And again, an alternative to convincing uninterested clans .

3)They really don't seem to want you making money from anything other than fighting (and apparently smithing).

Exactly, shops don't make that much money and you've gotta make sure they have enough raw resources.

Common sense implies that if you own 5 cities you should be able to gain 15 shops at least ..

Fortunately there are mods to lift those caps.

yeah, but I'm testing 1.6.3 and aren't using mods , probably won't be using any until official release

Last edited:
Yip level 6 clan is bull****, they really need to up the limit to 20 or 30 so that you can eventually create a clan that can have governors/ parties and caravans right now pretty much you only have enough companions to be governors after taking out a few cities or castles.

Use the mod bannerlord cheats, you will be able to adjust some parameters, but don't exaggerate, it may break the game balance.

Use the mod bannerlord cheats, you will be able to adjust some parameters, but don't exaggerate, it may break the game balance.

Thanks but Testing Betas I don't wanna use mods or cheats.

The ability to promote companions to nobility solves point (1) to certain extent, THANKS TW !

Artificial restrictions on the number of shops I can own is still annoying,

yeah I think it's a game balance issue
they force it, other wise, as player you have so much income, that the game would not be fun anymore

I do noticed that, when you have 5 workshops, each is normally making 200+ every day, so 1000+ per day, then if you create a new caravan, then the workshop income suddenly drop to 100+ per day, for no obvious reason,

so yeah, I think caravan and workshop income would impact each otehr

See I think they should give a ai income bonus based on the ai clans level, that way you can get more income from sources and the ai gets a little in a pretend it's in the economy too ( they just own shops that you never can kind of thing so arent on the map to save on compute resources). That way you can become a level 20 clan owning 20 different shops etc with caravans and parties and the ai can also recruit troops and do what it needs. As right now as other people say war is the main money maker not the economy.

See I think they should give a ai income bonus based on the ai clans level, that way you can get more income from sources and the ai gets a little in a pretend it's in the economy too ( they just own shops that you never can kind of thing so arent on the map to save on compute resources). That way you can become a level 20 clan owning 20 different shops etc with caravans and parties and the ai can also recruit troops and do what it needs. As right now as other people say war is the main money maker not the economy.
This is only when the AI raids all villages in Calradia.
If all villages are over 600 or 1000 hearths the ecomony is stronger than war.

In my current game the AI has nearly all battanian villages destroyed, all under 100 or 200 hearths.

It's not good if I capture a town or castle and the ex-owner has destroyed his fief.

They think that you want to recruit vassals or that there is anything fun or useful about having vassals and playing the way they intend.
I agree, you should be able to make as many parties as you want and also control them and order them around, otherwise what's the point?

Rejected, there's no balance at all and TW has made a bandaid ?mummy out of the AI to keep it in constant wars and slow progress, throwing the player's faction experience into the dirt in doing so.

Totally off subject but that bandaid is the first emoji to ever appear 3d to me on my phone screen. It looks like it's floating.

Back
Top Bottom