Bannerlord is a huge dissapointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

The way it was labeled as DLC I think had to do with how the person working on it accessed it or demo's it or something and not because it was really for DLC. Although it was real and TW didn't deny the possibility of Elephants in DLC in the future, it's outlandish think it would just be an elephant for DLC as the leak (or update malfunction?) suggested.
Maybe it will be part of a larger expansion that deals with the Aserai or something, and they get elephants as some sort of battle bonus trait or can be exchanged via horses?

I know right? I shouldn't have to mod a game to make it playable.
It doesn't matter where you post and how you post, the developers probably will not look at it anyways. The only reason you should make these posts is if it makes you feel better. What Shark tried to tell you is that hundreds of people have gone before you in the course of the last years and nearly all efforts have been in vain. The developers seem to have their own plan anyways which they will not deviate from.

True, Bannerlord is missing a lot of stuff in both single player and in multiplayer which makes is hard to say that Bannerlord is better than vanilla Warband let alone modded Warband. For me I am waiting for at least the return of deserter parties and more diplomacy like that diplomacy mod for Bannerlord. Till this day I play both games intensely to compare and Bannerlord is missing things here and there which makes it seems lacking. So I get some of the negativity and trolling.

Vanilla WB wasn't the greatest but it still had character to it and that unique indie game feeling which is why many love it

BL is nothing but the remnants of a classic corporate cash grab game

WB was made by gamers, BL was made by money men
I don't think so, BL was made to greatly improve the combat experience but me (and many other I guess) were expecting an improvement in the sandbox experience while felt that the WB combat mechanics just needed a small improvement...

I don't think so, BL was made to greatly improve the combat experience but me (and many other I guess) were expecting an improvement in the sandbox experience while felt that the WB combat mechanics just needed a small improvement...
But its not much of a combat improvement. At least not currently. I mean, apart from sieges which are still broken (but I do not count it as it is brought up constantly in the past two years), we had no real improvement in map-generation (instead of it we get a stoic behemoth of a concept with the battle terrain system which, in my opinion, is a huge waste of resources, time and a gross step in the wrong direction) or the AI. Armour is worthless, npcs cant lance for shet, the AI constantly misuses formations and archers etc.

What they have done to the sandbox is a crime. It has completely destroyed my trust in BL. Apart from Warband still existing, the only other things making me content are eventual mods and the hope that some other studio will see this niche genre and explore it. Spending time on the campaign map is atrociously boring. And the grind of "same looters on same battle map->sell loot in lifeless menu->get generic army->siege a thousand same castles on same maps->same keep battles over and over->blitz the map with peace/war and absolutely no diplomacy or intrigue or dialogue->let the game rest for 2 months and be disappointed again" is horrid. Am I weird for thinking warband one ladder sieges were more engaging than the ones we have now. Certain shallow aspects of Warband I can excuse since it was released in 2011 on a game that was originally released in like 2006. It was a product of sheer will. And I expected that certain mods which people made would be included in Bannerlord vanilla. Seems like I was wrong

Maybe it will be part of a larger expansion that deals with the Aserai or something, and they get elephants as some sort of battle bonus trait or can be exchanged via horses?

I wish they go through with this dlc. Not because I would want to buy dlcs from them or because of elephants, but when people got access to whatever scraps it had, there were definitions in the xmls for non-human/humanoid agent attacking animations, like kicking. Having this type of resource available would be amazing for fantasy mods.

I wish they go through with this dlc. Not because I would want to buy dlcs from them or because of elephants, but when people got access to whatever scraps it had, there were definitions in the xmls for non-human/humanoid agent attacking animations, like kicking. Having this type of resource available would be amazing for fantasy mods.

Agreed. First thing I thought of when I saw people talking about elephants in Bannerlord was the potential for a Lord of the Rings module. lol

WB was made by gamers, BL was made by money men
I think it's more something like "made by gamers that wanted to become a corporation but failed in project and team management, then decided to make a cash grab to save their asses". But it's less pithy.

Maybe "failed by incompetent management then turned into a cash grab"

Back
Top Bottom