Army Captains

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a way to change who in your army forms with which formation. Specifically, I have a horse archer party leader who forms with the infantry. So, naturally enough, I'm not a big fan of someone on a horse with no shield forming up in a shield wall.

Is there a way to change who in your army forms with which formation. Specifically, I have a horse archer party leader who forms with the infantry. So, naturally enough, I'm not a big fan of someone on a horse with no shield forming up in a shield wall.
I've wondered this too. It always has pictures of padlocks so I figured it was locked in place. Also, there's nothing more aggravating when a Lord on horseback is a captain of infantry and you give the order for the infantry to charge just to have said Lord charge 500 enemies by himself. Suicide!

I could be wrong but I think the upcoming order of battle system will allow this. Could just be misremembering something.

I could be wrong but I think the upcoming order of battle system will allow this. Could just be misremembering something.
I also don't remember if it was confirmed or just assumed, but I really hope they get it right.

As to OP, no there's no way to change captain's around currently, it sucks because "the game" does a bad job of assigning them too.

If that is the case, start with F5 (dismount) it will avoid s.he to be alone in firing line
Unfortunately, have already a cav, inf, archer and then your HA might taken as a HA

I've wondered this too. It always has pictures of padlocks so I figured it was locked in place. Also, there's nothing more aggravating when a Lord on horseback is a captain of infantry and you give the order for the infantry to charge just to have said Lord charge 500 enemies by himself. Suicide!
The new 1.6.2 / 1.6.3 stops this commanders on horses stay with there formations now even if equipped with a horse or they have that I have noticed.

It's easy enough when your mounted party leader ends up in the infantry... just get into the habit of automatically 1-F5, 2-F5 at the start of every battle.

It's the Battanians leading my cavalry that bug me.

The new 1.6.2 / 1.6.3 stops this commanders on horses stay with there formations now even if equipped with a horse or they have that I have noticed.
I'm currently using 1.6.2. It seems hit it miss. Sometimes the Lord or lieutenant that's assigned to a formation will just trot in line with the assigned infantry and other times it's a mad suicidal charge into a spear wall formation. It pissed me off especially when said leader succumbs to his/her wounds on the field of battle.

That's what I normally see, these days unless it is an important fight I normally just delegate command to the ai as there isnt much tactical requirement to command yourself it's not like you can direct them who to attack, so that might be why I am seeing such good compliance?

Still some heroes have no shield (mainly Khuzaits, and a few other, without speaking of the few ones with just a body armor a sword and nothing else) I'm not quiet calm when (even dismounted) I know a lord without shield leads a shield wall.

Back
Top Bottom