Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Stan dude compares Bannerlord to TW Warhammer and Crusader Kings? Nice!

Makes just as much sense as comparing it with Fifa or Call of Duty...what an idiot.

I don't see where they are similar either, unless of course he means it only for the fact that you can control battles (in some sense) between Total War and Bannerlord. I definitely don't see it between Crusader Kings and Bannerlord, though.

That's just salty baiting. Have you read the dev blogs right up to the EA release? That's why.
Ah, I see: trusting what someone SAID they would do. Yeah, people often have to learn that lesson more than once in life.
190315_2020_act1_901_1_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

That's as edgy as it's dumb. Brands operate on credibility and trust too.
I'm not here saying TaleWorlds is a trustworthy brand, insisting it should be one, and crying about feeling cheated. On the contrary, TaleWorlds has a track record, and if you were vaguely aware of it, and you still trusted them to deliver a AAA experience during Early Access... well, there it is.

@julijs No, the lesson is simply caveat emptor

I'm not here saying TaleWorlds is a trustworthy brand, insisting it should be one, and crying about feeling cheated. On the contrary, TaleWorlds has a track record, and if you were vaguely aware of it, and you still trusted them to deliver a AAA experience during Early Access... well, there it is.

So what you are saying is that TW scammed people and that's on them for being suckers?

If that's the case you're even crazier than OP.

Also lol at you giving @MadVader lessons on how TW operates ?

LOL most Western countries have consumer protection agencies to protect against that kind of stuff. I'm not saying that buyers shouldn't beware, but even the United States which is about as free market as it comes has laws against fraud and false advertising.

in the sense of gaming industry, an in particular Bannerlord, "Caveat Emptor" is just a bad argument- you've seem to be using it rather flamboyantly in the past too. Sorry I am entitled, I should've known that the research I did on the developer-blogs and developer Q&A's was really just false marketing.

I mean.. clearly it is up to the customer to find out the quality and integrity of the game, along with all the information Taleworld's provided about Bannerlord during the decade, by looking at all the information that Taleworld's provided about Bannerlord during the decade..? which now has many pot holes, old and irrelevant about the product.

Buyer-Beware my ass, when the information your given is literally further from the truth than non-existent. then it becomes false-marketing and not "caveat emptor, you didn't do your research on the product before buying" I mean what is this? the hall of fame for mobile RTS gaming ads incarnate? obviously an extreme exaggeration, but the point still stands.

LOL most Western countries have consumer protection agencies to protect against that kind of stuff. I'm not saying that buyers shouldn't beware, but even the United States which is about as free market as it comes has laws against fraud and false advertising.
Yeah? What do they say about early access games in general? Nothing? Oh shoot!

So what you are saying is that TW scammed people and that's on them for being suckers?

If that's the case you're even crazier than OP.

Also lol at you giving @MadVader lessons on how TW operates ?
I'm not sure that 'BL==grift', but I do know that giving people money for promises does not always work out. I've given exactly one company "early access" money, and it was TaleWorlds, based on what I knew about what they had been able to deliver (to the modding community) in the past.

I'm not giving lessons to your fave, I'm trying to create some perspective for people who feel like they've been grifted.

I'm trying to argue on merit
You're arguing purely on how TW has made you feel. Kid.

I'm not sure that 'BL==grift', but I do know that giving people money for promises does not always work out. I've given exactly one company "early access" money, and it was TaleWorlds, based on what I knew about what they had been able to deliver (to the modding community) in the past.

So we shouldn't have trusted Taleworlds but also, it made sense to trust Taleworlds given what they had been able to deliver previously. Okie dokie.

Yeah? What do they say about early access games in general? Nothing? Oh shoot!

I'm not giving lessons to your fave, I'm trying to create some perspective for people who feel like they've been grifted.

You're arguing purely on how TW has made you feel. Kid.
b55f8cb11fb56e5d52ef09f4ab02a7ed854ef408.gif

So we shouldn't have trusted Taleworlds but also, it made sense to trust Taleworlds given what they had been able to deliver previously. Okie dokie.
Completely inaccurate conclusion, good work.

It made sense, TO ME, to give TW $.

In no other scenario does it make sense to give anyone EA $. But TW is a simple, insane Art House, and I've already received my money's worth if they don't launch anything and shut down. (I'd be disappointed if we couldn't reverse-engineer, of course!)

Every single one of the issues brought up in this thread was glaringly obvious ahead of time, if you actually had any experience with Mount & Blade.

So here I sit. Trying to convince people not to cry. Unsuccessfully.
Clever! I appreciate your contribution.

Every single one of the issues brought up in this thread was glaringly obvious ahead of time, if you actually had any experience with Mount & Blade.

Most people don't expect a sequel to be exactly the same as the original game and make all the same mistakes. Taleworlds has only ever made one game before Bannerlord, and back then they were a completely different company. Personally I didn't expect much based on the blogs, but even I was shocked at how dull most of the gameplay was, and how absolutely nothing had been learned from warband.

Saying "haha I saw it coming" does not mean you get to say "everybody stop complaining about it".

Completely inaccurate conclusion, good work.

It made sense, TO ME, to give TW $.

In no other scenario does it make sense to give anyone EA $. But TW is a simple, insane Art House, and I've already received my money's worth if they don't launch anything and shut down. (I'd be disappointed if we couldn't reverse-engineer, of course!)

So here I sit. Trying to convince people not to cry. Unsuccessfully.

Actually, you are trying to flame people for your own personal enjoyment. If you were actually trying to persuade people you would not go about it this way, let's be honest.

I got ten times as many hours from Warband vs Bannerlord before I felt that I had enough of Bannerlord. You cannot tell me that I got my money's worth.

Agreed. Everyone I know couldn't stand more than 40 hours of it, and most of that had been going through constant problems/troubleshooting. The game has the worst experience after early start.

Is that so?

I got ten times as many hours from Warband vs Bannerlord before I felt that I had enough of Bannerlord. You cannot tell me that I got my money's worth.
Agreed. Everyone I know couldn't stand more than 40 hours of it, and most of that had been going through constant problems/troubleshooting. The game has the worst experience after early start.
That's you and your own circle's enjoyment of the game, that doesn't really mean that was everyone's experience. I had a different experience from the game, that doesn't mean that you're wrong or that I'm wrong. Basing whether or not BL itself is a grift on personal experience doesn't really work, because that's your feeling on the game. You can feel scammed by something that wasn't a scam if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom