Thanks Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

A well designed game would have a system where in, if you survive long enough, you can be reinforced by your allies once they've finished up their battle. Cause once you've been massacred by Vlandia, that's exactly what the AI is going to do.

You are Battanian, you should be ambushing them in the forests lol. Plus the Battanian horses are the cheapest, your whole footmen party should be on horses. Your Falxmen are the best shock troops and Fians are the best archers in the game and one of the best troops overall. You can't have everything lol. And what's stopping you from capturing banner knight prisoners and recruiting them? Find some troops that can brace their spears and park your archers behind them like it was done in history unless you strictly want to use Battanian troops only.
I don’t use horses with Battanians. For the sake of lore. Lol
You are strategicaly right with forests.
I use many Fians since they are their elite troops.
Then Oathsworns in VI and Wildling in I, requires micro but allows infantry groups on both left and right sides.
And Falxmen in IV that I keep far from arrows as much as possible, but once again requires micro.
Requires twice as much infantry than archers to protect them (not completely properly lol)
And around 20-25 falxmen to idealy lead into archers or help vs cavalry.

Think is
@Apocal is not the noble troops,I enjoy finding them and fighting them.
It's just the combination of dying in 1 shot because of a stray crossbow bolt + my troops going tard mode without my undivided attention making Vlandia just simply cancerous.

I've been playing against Khuzait and yea they're actually ok.
Just me venting out because I thought they were still broken.
The only frustrating part is again getting 1 shot by a stray swing from a glaive from Khan's guards.
They tend to charge in instead of shooting arrows and they hit you in the head.

But also guys!
WHY didn't the army I got engaged in didn't fight in the ongoing battle?
We were so close,the perspective of the camera is because it's a bit zoomed in,but we were literally next to each other(both fighting fields in this case).
About Khuzaits, I really once met a traffic problem for my cavaley after killing a number of HA. There were unmounted horses everywhere, really preventing my cavalry to ride « in peace », if I dare say.

I don’t use horses with Battanians. For the sake of lore. Lol
You are strategicaly right with forests.
I use many Fians since they are their elite troops.
Then Oathsworns in VI and Wildling in I, requires micro but allows infantry groups on both left and right sides.
And Falxmen in IV that I keep far from arrows as much as possible, but once again requires micro.
Requires twice as much infantry than archers to protect them (not completely properly lol)
And around 20-25 falxmen to idealy lead into archers or help vs cavalry.
There's that perk which makes you much faster in the forests if you are mostly foot soldiers. That would be the ideal "Battanian" thing to do. Even the Neretzes' folly reminds me of the Teutoborg forest ambush lol. I love the falxmen and fians but the rest don't seem to do very well imo. Shield infantry already suck a lot in the game, Battanian narrow hexagonal shields make them super useless in shield walls.

I love the falxmen and fians but the rest don't seem to do very well imo
Indeed, VI is the "heavy infantry" formation, not really the case for battanians Wildlings nor Oathsworns.

I like Sturgians too and there, I put the Heavy Lancers in the VI formation, and really trust them as fierce warriors capable of stopping cavalry :smile:

There's that perk which makes you much faster in the forests if you are mostly foot soldiers. That would be the ideal "Battanian" thing to do. Even the Neretzes' folly reminds me of the Teutoborg forest ambush lol. I love the falxmen and fians but the rest don't seem to do very well imo. Shield infantry already suck a lot in the game, Battanian narrow hexagonal shields make them super useless in shield walls.
Yes, already just visualy, that shield does not - even if it has a cool look :smile: - The shield to stay safe behind ! :smile: too small !

Back
Top Bottom