Taleworlds' logic on Skins

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to bring back this quote from @Callum because it hasn't really aged well... seen and checked the recent implementation of the "customisation system".

[...] But mainly the premade class system enables us to balance troops more individually and by that make them more distinct from its own troops and that of other factions. [...] Making troops distinctive enough with a glance you know all about what you are facing. Capabilities, gear, etc. [...]
(source)

I remarked exactly this to Ali Eser privatedly more than 84 years ago and to this day my suspicions from back then have become clear. Here is one of several inconsistencies in "the system"... the overturned cabbage cart I was talking about earlier:

68w41.jpg
72Dku.jpg
And ofc, there are other loadout combinations in classes that are not 100% identical, but may lead to misidentification between them due to their high similarity.
After all this journey I still maintain, the class system + customisation only works for Captain Mode; for all other modes the Warband system simply worked better, that's a fact.

This kind of pointless customisation due to the lack of a proper asset pool tailored and not improvised together with passive perks is the icing on the cake.... and I say this with terrible sadness and frustration.

The lack of stability of the servers and the ineffective polish of the combat system further enforces the serious problems that the class system in pvp modes brings to the player's gameplay experience.

Again, Bannerlord gold system + Bannerlord class system for Captain mode; ok. For all other modes (pvp), what has been proven is that the Warband gold system + class item pool system WORKED. My opinion: Vikingr mod + Orion's feedback #1///// #2 with 3/4 classes and no redundancy conflicts per role, there would be enough margin to cover the customisation needs with the currently available assets.

wJxZ8.jpg

Taleworlds, you have underestimated your players (both old and new) too much, thinking that these three steps in choosing class and equipment would be too overwelming. A totally unnecessary reinvention of the wheel in the interest of accommodating accessibility to more casualised audiences. Failed experiment; then don't wonder what went wrong when after the release of the custom server tools, online mods with the warband system or a twist of it implemented start to blossom.

Too much stubbornness... the ball is still in your court Taleworlds.

Thanks for your attention.

Last edited:
I would like to bring back this quote from @Callum because it hasn't really aged well... seen and checked the recent implementation of the "customisation system".

(source)

I remarked exactly this to Ali Eser privatedly more than 84 years ago and to this day my suspicions from back then have become clear. Here is one of several inconsistencies in "the system"... the overturned cabbage cart I was talking about earlier:

68w41.jpg

After all this journey I still maintain, the class system + customisation only works for Captain Mode; for all other modes the Warband system simply worked better, that's a fact.

This kind of pointless customisation due to the lack of a proper asset pool tailored and not improvised together with passive perks is the icing on the cake.... and I say this with terrible sadness and frustration.

The lack of stability of the serves and the ineffective polish of the combat system further enforces the serious problems that the class system in pvp modes brings to the player's gameplay experience.

Again, Bannerlord gold system + Bannerlord class system for Captain mode; ok. For all other modes (pvp), what has been proven is that the Warband gold system + class item pool system WORKED. My opinion: Vikingr mod + Orion's feedback #1///// #2 with 3/4 classes and no redundancy conflicts per role, there would be enough margin to cover the customisation needs with the currently available assets.

wJxZ8.jpg

Taleworlds, you have underestimated your players (both old and new) too much, thinking that these three steps in choosing class and equipment would be too overwelming. A totally unnecessary reinvention of the wheel in the interest of accommodating accessibility to more casualised audiences. Failed experiment; then don't wonder what went wrong when after the release of the custom server tools, online mods with the warband system or a twist of it implemented start to blossom.

Please TW's do this method, warband system was great, idk why it is not in bannerlord, in regards to balancing, can make the equipment feels balanced, yes, warband was a bit outdated but that is why we have bannerlord to make it better! Class system does not suit for 'casual' games like tdm, siege and duel and perhaps battle, but captain and maybe skirmish, yes. We will have more freedom in customising!!!! Ahhhh

Edit: A quote from Callum "Making picking equipment simpler. New players don't know what to pick and why, and spawning time is limited"
Now this I disagree, of course new payers would not understand the system, what makes the new class system less confusing? That's why, like every other game, you get used to it, you practice it, then you understand and get better at it! TW's could make the custom system more visual, with more texts on what each weapon, armour and horse does!!!

I want the developers to make a simple modification on skins, that is the option Helmet on/off, please, It could be just visible or actually have no armor value on the head.

I don-t know why is not there from the beginning. some hats are lame

(source)

68w41.jpg
72Dku.jpg
And ofc, there are other loadout combinations in classes that are not 100% identical, but may lead to misidentification between them due to their high similarity.

The lack of stability of the servers and the ineffective polish of the combat system further enforces the serious problems that the class system in pvp modes brings to the player's gameplay experience.

wJxZ8.jpg

As always.. Great post.

what has been proven is that the Warband gold system + class item pool system WORKED

It not only worked, it was also one of the things which made Warband UNIQUE.

Taleworlds, why try to make your game just like all the others? What's wrong standing out and offering a product that's distinct and recognizable? Don't water your game down by using the same exact design as dozens of other titles, instead double down on what makes your game special.

(source)

68w41.jpg
72Dku.jpg

wJxZ8.jpg

All of this.

Back
Top Bottom