SP - General Marrying familiy members to other clans

Users who are viewing this thread

Rush09

Regular
If you happen to have several family members available for marriage and talk to the leader of a clan with several suitors, you can choose who you want to marry from your family members but the clan leader always offers the oldest of their suitors. It should be possible to negotiate the marriage between any of the suitors no?

This current rule makes in somewhat tough to marry other clan members because if a clan happens to have a 60 year old man or woman available, they will always offer her/him to your clan member who might be 20 or 30. I'm not saying this shouldn't happen but I think it could be useful to have the possibility to say "hmm... how about that young lad/lass you have there?" of course the leader of the clan is entitled to say "oh him/her? sure, but it will cost you" or something similar.

Just a thought.

Yes. This. I currently have several sons and nephews who need wives and everyone is only offering me their elderly widows, even though they have girls in their clan who are close to the ages of the young men in my clan. I can select my clan member that I want to marry off, why can't I select the person I want to marry them to?

Yes. This. I currently have several sons and nephews who need wives and everyone is only offering me their elderly widows, even though they have girls in their clan who are close to the ages of the young men in my clan. I can select my clan member that I want to marry off, why can't I select the person I want to marry them to?
Only go to clan leaders with young unmarried heroes.
Then you will get young wifes for your sons.

They want to marry their oldest unmarried heroes first, before they are to old for having childs.

They want to marry their oldest unmarried heroes first, before they are to old for having childs.
AI won't agree to marry an old widow past childbearing age. These wemen will never remarry unless a player picks them up. This means if there are any such, yoursters of that clan are lost to the player. Sounds like very nasty designdecision to me :smile:

AI won't agree to marry an old widow past childbearing age. These wemen will never remarry unless a player picks them up. This means if there are any such, yoursters of that clan are lost to the player. Sounds like very nasty designdecision to me :smile:
Your are wrong, I have seen a lot of AI marriages to old women.
In my recent game Rhagaea married Muinser, but she is to old for having childs and another example is Mesui who married Maurentios and she is far to old for having childs.

Your are wrong, I have seen a lot of AI marriages to old women.
In my recent game Rhagaea married Muinser, but she is to old for having childs and another example is Mesui who married Maurentios and she is far to old for having childs.
Cool. I have never noticed that. I have not managed to marry off my 45+ women. In my last game(300-400 days in) Rhagaea still has never been married for sure. (Rhagaea is 42 as game starts, giving her 3 years to marry before 45)

Back
Top Bottom