BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[Discussion] Class Limits

Users who are viewing this thread

I have absolutely 0 confidence in ability of TW devs to fix this current **** show if we lifted the limits.
Why can't we just make a ladder tournament under developers watch without class limits?
Lifting class limits just gonna make more clans drop from the game imo.

My take on this situation is that even if the classes were balanced so that you could run 6 cav and be countered by 6 inf or some combination. I feel like those games would be alot less fun to play. I feel like 3-1-2 or 4-0-2 are the most fun compositions with the current amount of players, because there is a healthy inf fight (if 2h were nerfed) and still some heavy impact from the non inf classes. If the game became a 1-0-5 or a 2-0-4 or even a 0-3-3 I would be less interested not just from a balance perspective but also from what I enjoy from the game.

Edit: I would also hate a 6-0-0 composition, because those matches would be way to static

I've played in this scene, I know how people are. You tell a pickup there's no limits I can almost guarantee the team that ended up with less cav just gave up. I'm pretty sure 6 cav isn't the strongest build on Echerion - 3 cav 3 inf likely is superior if they play smart.
You guess what, I also played in this scene. I played actually lots of pickups so I'm aware of the flaws these dudes have.
Spears are still flawed and even bounce on full speed cav sometimes despite having 100% dmg bonus. Cav still have all the control over the engagement and spears are only a counter in that they punish cav mistakes - a good cav doesn't make that mistake. This is why it's a mistake to think of cav counters instead of focusing on changing cav itself.
Just saying, this is a step in the right direction and it improved the gameplay a lot. I prefer this massively over throwing blindly projectiles at cav.

My take on this situation is that even if the classes were balanced so that you could run 6 cav and be countered by 6 inf or some combination. I feel like those games would be alot less fun to play. I feel like 3-1-2 or 4-0-2 are the most fun compositions with the current amount of players, because there is a healthy inf fight (if 2h were nerfed) and still some heavy impact from the non inf classes. If the game became a 1-0-5 or a 2-0-4 or even a 0-3-3 I would be less interested not just from a balance perspective but also from what I enjoy from the game.

Edit: I would also hate a 6-0-0 composition, because those matches would be way to static
But these are only assumptions, or have you already tested no limits in a competitive manner?

But these are only assumptions, or have you already tested no limits in a competitive manner?
I am speaking on a preference that I enjoy fighting in those compositions more regardless of the balance. So if each composition was all equal in terms of balance I would prefer a 3-1-2 because it offers more engaging gameplay

Back
Top Bottom