Why is wine not a consumable food item?

Users who are viewing this thread

Its 2 am here, i have closed the game after i screenshotted just for you. Its the 3rd or 4th year if i am not mistaken
it's still to early in the game to make a judgement. take another one at 1094 and 1104 that should provide a better view of how this stuff is impacting prosperity.

it's still to early in the game to make a judgement. take another one at 1094 and 1104 that should provide a better view of how this stuff is impacting prosperity.
You are missing the point my friend, having to wait for things to stabilize is not intuitive gameplay and is not a solution. It is like you are telling someone who is getting raped : "You will be fine in few years from now, enjoy it while it lasts".
Think of it from a roleplay prospective too, towns are starving, people are dying, but noooo, wine and oil that are cheaper then beer are forbidden to them unless they are more prosperous. This doesn't make sense and it kills emersion amongst other things.
You have done tests that convinced you of your position. I am telling you that it feels wrong to just accept it and only care about the end product.
Wine and oil are foods and they should be consumables in the game.

sure mate. let's end it.

You don't like the mechanic of "prosperity shock" at the start to create a sense of "every campaign is different from the other"

Bannerlord is a sandbox, not a deep roleplay game where people feel real and with a true story.
The game gives you the tool to enjoy combat and conquest, it doesn't aim at creating a true simulation of medieval times, at least not now.

I have already went over why this is good for the game, especially early on.
The new change to food have little to do with this, and needs to be proven.

Players wanted every campaign to not feel the same and since the game as a fixed map with fixed faction and clans this is one of the ways to create that setting.

This is not a matter of what is good or bad for the game but a matter of you liking it or not.
I am sure if you start a poll about this most people will tell you that the mechanic is beneficial to the game.

The ones that don't either don't understand it's purpose or they just don't like it. can't make something that everyone likes at the end of the day.

Just so you know, this mechanic as been there way before this food change, some towns have always been starving early on, some more than others depending on the rolls.

Don't jump to conclusions, be patient, keep playing the game and one day you will probably like the diversity it brings.
As i said there are many other things wrong about game design, this is far from being one, and brings things such as rebellions to happen early, isn't that a way to add immersion to the game? not every kingdom may be prosperous, maybe some town were not doing good at all before you start the save file? You can find meaning in mechanics if you don't get stuck on one view.
I am sure the guys have their reasons to remove this kinds of food from the pool, for now, and i am sure it has something to do with stewardship first and, maybe. prosperity later.

Anyway this time i am done for real, i have lost way too much time already explaining a mechanic that has been in the game for months.

sure mate. let's end it.
Yes, lets
You don't like the mechanic of "prosperity shock" at the start to create a sense of "every campaign is different from the other"
I never claimed such a thing, now you are putting words in my mouth.
Bannerlord is a sandbox, not a deep roleplay game where people feel real and with a true story.
The game gives you the tool to enjoy combat and conquest, it doesn't aim at creating a true simulation of medieval times, at least not now.
You are wrong, this is bannerlord steam page : Bannerlord
This has been a theme with you so far. You are so sure of your arguments without any ground or a real effort to check before you spew them out.
This is not a matter of what is good or bad for the game but a matter of you liking it or not.
I am sure if you start a poll about this most people will tell you that the mechanic is beneficial to the game.
I feel like this applies to you more then it does to me. I genuinely care about what's good for the game and its over all enjoyability.
I have started a poll and none of them agrees with you. Again, you seem so sure of yourself yet you are wrong.
The ones that don't either don't understand it's purpose or they just don't like it. can't make something that everyone likes at the end of the day.

That's a healthy approach, if people don't like what i like, they must be dumb.
Just so you know, this mechanic as been there way before this food change, some towns have always been starving early on, some more than others depending on the rolls.
That's fine and dandy, the fact that they take up to 10 years to stabilize is ridiculous and not a solution at all. I have a problem with the food changes for many other reasons that seem to go over your head no matter how many times i mention them.
Don't jump to conclusions, be patient, keep playing the game and one day you will probably like the diversity it brings.
As i said there are many other things wrong about game design, this is far from being one, and brings things such as rebellions to happen early, isn't that a way to add immersion to the game? not every kingdom may be prosperous, maybe some town were not doing good at all before you start the save file? You can find meaning in mechanics if you don't get stuck on one view.
I am not jumping to conclusions, i am stating facts, based on my experience. This is beta and it is the only way we can help develop the game. You don't agree with my vision and that's fine. But telling me what to do and how to enjoy a game i like is beyond your jurisdiction.
The fact that i catered to you for so long, should be proof enough that i am a very patient person :smile:
This is wrong and it needs to be reverted asap.
You don't get it man. So i won't bother mentioning what i have talked about over and over again. You are telling me i am stuck on one view yet you are the one who turned this whole thread about town prosperity.
The food changes impact many more aspects that are frankly more important to me and many others i am sure. You just don't see it that way and that's ok.
Anyway this time i am done for real, i have lost way too much time already explaining a mechanic that has been in the game for months.
3rd time is the charm :smile: take care and have fun :*

Back
Top Bottom