Need More Info Sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I'm not sure if someone else has already spoken about this, but during sieges against a settlement or castle the AI just can't figure out how to use siege towers. They correctly get them into position and correctly climb the ladders until they lower it onto the wall. Once that action is performed the AI go haywire and cannot use it properly. I will watch 200+ men get all clogged up by the ladders allowing one or even none to climb the ladders which leaves them to be slaughtered by arrows while just standing there. The one's who manage to climb the ladders get killed by being one of the only ones to climb. This to me really kills the effect and greatly annoys me. I will siege a castle with 1000 men against 100, and if the AI could use the siege towers correctly I would lose a reasonable 100-200 men. But instead due to this error I watch 600-700 killed and not even make it past the walls. I hope you are looking into this and fix it soon, if you can fix this one problem it will make the whole game 100% better.
How to Reproduce: Sieges
Have you used cheats and if so which: N/A
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

If you could provide us with a map name instead of it happens on every map it would give us a starting point the check for the issues. There are lots of scenes in the game and we just can't know every issue on every map by heart.

Ok, I understand. Unfortunately, I can't do it because I don't have the game installed.

Regarding sieges, most people here think you already have enough feedback to be able to solve the existing issues.
If this is not the case, honestly, what you (TW team) could do is put a statement in the forums saying what exactly what info/feedback you need to help solve this or other problem. Most people would be glad to help.
So, instead of passively waiting for bug reports you can actively be asking for reports on a certain issue.
This would effectively reduce devs work, speed up the process and everyone would benefit by having a better game.

Ok, I understand. Unfortunately, I can't do it because I don't have the game installed.

Regarding sieges, most people here think you already have enough feedback to be able to solve the existing issues.
If this is not the case, honestly, what you (TW team) could do is put a statement in the forums saying what exactly what info/feedback you need to help solve this or other problem. Most people would be glad to help.
So, instead of passively waiting for bug reports you can actively be asking for reports on a certain issue.
This would effectively reduce devs work, speed up the process and everyone would benefit by having a better game.
Yes i agree 100%!

Back
Top Bottom