Need More Info Game freezes at the end of fight with villagers

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I am currently playing as a Vlandian, but serving as a mercenary to the southern empire. I attacked several Khuzait villages over the past several game days with no issues. I attacked Okhutan Village (south of Chaikand) to force the villagers to give me supplies. The fight went as all my other village fights had gone. I fought the villagers and I won. At the end I went to the prisoner screen and took my prisoners. Then it went to the loot screen and I took my loot. No problem so far. But then it switches to the screen where it says "The villagers reluctantly bring out what they have for you" along with the option to "continue". The game freezes on this screen. I cannot select "continue". I cannot back out using the escape or tab buttons. I cannot even exit the game at all. The only way to shut off the game is to go to Task manager and end the Steam.exe process so it turns off. I do not get a crash uploader pop up like I do when the game crashes, so there is no dump identifier with this. Interestingly enough while the game is froze, I can still hear the background fauna noises. Those keep playing, but the game is unresponsive. This has only happened to me in Okhutan Village. Like I said, I attacked other villages with no issue. If it happens in any other villages, I'll add that here in this thread.
How to Reproduce: Open my save game and immediately go to Okhutan Village. Select the option to demand supplies from the villagers. They will refuse and so you can select attack. Go ahead and fight the battle and when the battle is over collect your loot and prisoners and try to exit back to the campaign map. If it does what it's doing to me, it'll freeze before you get back to the campaign map.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Okhutan Village
Media (Screenshots & Video): Save game is at the upload site
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
GPU Driver Version: GeForce Game Ready Driver version 471.96
CPU: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60 GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM: 16 MB (15.9 usable)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. G731GU Version 1.0
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.
I progressed on past this point. I don't have any saves from this point anymore. However, I am now a northern empire mercenary and am at war with Khuzait again. I went back to Okhutan Village and attacked it like I did before. But this time, the game did not freeze. So as a southern empire mercenary, it froze on me. As a northern empire mercenary, it did not freeze. I also tried to leave the northern empire and rejoin the southern empire, but at this point in my game southern empire is not at war with anybody and won't accept me as a mercenary. I don't suppose there's anyway you can send me back the save game I uploaded went I submitted? I could do all this if I had that save game still. Or is there some way to recover a very old save game?

Back
Top Bottom