Open petition to remove couchlance from the game completely

Do you want to see couch lances removed from the game?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Played Mount and Blade since the very first beginning and such discussions often happen (curisouly).
The game wants to simulate in a way former combat styles. So couching must not be fixed it must only be content and clear like all... balanced for a game.
For me the thread starter missed the foundation of that game, nothing else.
Years ago i read also about removing mounts from 'mount and blade' because those are unfair. You see the flaw.
Without couching lances a fundamental combat style for mounts would be missed and so it is a must be, absolutely.

Title says anything, I don't even want to discuss anymore all the creative "ideas" to fix this to its very core rotten and broken mechanic. And I openly admit that I despised this mechanic already in Warband.

I added a poll onto it.
Have fun.
I don't think the mechanic in itself is broken, more like the circumstances in which you can use it. On Warband couchlances were actually pretty balanced, and easily evadable. You couldn't just run around for 3 minutes with a couched lance... And depending on the mod, you sometimes didn't even onehit people with it. On Bannerlord however, you can just ride around for minutes on end with ur couchlance, and instant kill anything and everything in your way.

The broken hitboxes make it even worse, because sometimes the lance is on the left side of the horse, while you are on the right side of it, and it still connects, instantly killing you in the process. So yeah, it isn't the ability of couching that makes it BS... it's the timing, hitboxes and other factors that make it scuffed.

napoleon had lances in it's multiplayer games but it couldnt lance or even block;

it was still a great unit to play as with those restrictions,

i do not see what the harm is trying to tweek the gameplay a little to see how it positively or negatively affects gameplay,

if it turns out to be worse you can always revert the changes (personally i would just make couched lances block-able like every other strike in the game)

Yes man you need to understand it absolutely requires top skill to just press x man just press x man ez ez ez.
You could just get out of the way. It's already had the element of skill removed because you can only aim the lance fifteen degrees directly in front of you and you can only hit with it going straight forward, which means you can easily be stopped by a spear. They alreaey added a turn cap, nerfed feinting, nerfed throwing weapons and made face hugging and spam the way to play, what more do you noob complainers need to just be good?

I often forget that the couched lance function's even there more often than not. I dunno why, but it seems more productive to just go for the one-handed stab if you have a lance/shield combo or a long spear/shield combo.

You could just get out of the way. It's already had the element of skill removed because you can only aim the lance fifteen degrees directly in front of you and you can only hit with it going straight forward, which means you can easily be stopped by a spear. They alreaey added a turn cap, nerfed feinting, nerfed throwing weapons and made face hugging and spam the way to play, what more do you noob complainers need to just be good?
"juSt Get oUT Of The WaY"
its not like you can get corner couched by a 10 IQ monkey because only thing he can do is couching lol
go back to your siege or tdm or whatever child modes you play
"can only hit with it going straight forward" this part shows how little you actually know about couching lmao

I love when I get corner bump couched with a lance that does not even hit me after the cav has taken like 2 seconds abusing the poor "w" button. (Then he couches another one 1 and a half seconds afterwards)

To many couching merchants. If cav somehow becomes underpowered because of it (lol) give them some more skill demanding options than "x"

On the video above you can see inconsistencies on hitting, lance going through the head of the horse when switching from left to right at hitting, or inconsistencies at 1v1 like in 2:38. In Warband/NW you could at least block with with any weapon.

It's not simply that playing against cav usually degrades the engagement and quality of the session, it's also that playing like cav feels like cheating, as if purposedly breaking the game balance. For casuals like me this becomes a truly awful experience in specific matchups/scenarios. You've always to be looking around to be aware, but you'll easily get stunned and stabbed on-air.

"juSt Get oUT Of The WaY"
its not like you can get corner couched by a 10 IQ monkey because only thing he can do is couching lol
go back to your siege or tdm or whatever child modes you play
"can only hit with it going straight forward" this part shows how little you actually know about couching lmao
It's true though. Test it. You used to be able to aim it at a wider angle, now you can only aim directly in front.

Couching is not broken, but this stupid insta couch glitch is.

Make couches have cooldown after hit, make couches have cooldown after jump, make couches stop after 5 seconds, izi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom