How goes the war?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a small feature I miss from Warband. You ask a lord "How goes the war?" and he'll tell you who's winning and what his monarch wants. (Peace, war) and the reason behind the monarchs actions.

"We're at war on too many fronts and wish to make peace with Kingdom of Nords" etc.

Well, what would they say in bannerlord ?"we make big number attack small number, if we ever start to win we will sue for peace."
Not at all. "It's too early in the fight". "We've hit them hard and given them little chance to recover". "We've been hit hard and given little chance to recover" etc etc. All the dialouge options from Warband is still relevant.

The reason why I want such a feature is because it strengthens the IC RP experience, where you actually see the result of your actions even clearer. It will clearify the different kingdoms decisions instead of feeling that they are more "random". It will also make the different factions act more predictable.

Just a small feature I miss from Warband. You ask a lord "How goes the war?" and he'll tell you who's winning and what his monarch wants. (Peace, war) and the reason behind the monarchs actions.

"We're at war on too many fronts and wish to make peace with Kingdom of Nords" etc.
I miss having to talk to anybody for information, the encyclopedia could stay or be replaced by a notes scroll where you keep track of gathered info. To gather info in far away lands, you could hire a spy, something like that.

I miss having to talk to anybody for information, the encyclopedia could stay or be replaced by a notes scroll where you keep track of gathered info. To gather info in far away lands, you could hire a spy, something like that.
Same, bud. I feel like we're on the same page, but I prefer the old ways of asking a lord or sending a companion as spy.

We've hit them hard and given them little chance to recover
They could never say that in Bannerlord, they could only say "we dilly dally and waste time and let the enemy always recover." or "we completely destroyed thier entire field forces thanks to *player name here*, they will be back in 2 days in full force." "I bought all the food in town and caused a food shortage and my army still starved anyways".

Actually I would love here the npcs try to explain themselves. Should include notables too. "I needed a few cows but seeing how many levels you've gained from shooting people in the face, I decided I need 67 cows. Only Cows. Or else I will never like you and I will feel slightly less secure. Your other reward is 20 tunz of meat from the cows.A-hah you are over incombered because the meat weighs so much, I keep you now!"

Last edited:
They could never say that in Bannerlord, they could only say "we dilly dally and waste time and let the enemy always recover." or "we completely destroyed thier entire field forces thanks to *player name here*, they will be back in 2 days in full force." "I bought all the food in town and caused a food shortage and my army still starved anyways".

Actually I would love here the npcs try to explain themselves. Should include notables too. "I needed a few cows but seeing how many levels you've gained from shooting people in the face, I decided I need 67 cows. Only Cows. Or else I will never like you and I will feel slightly less secure. Your other reward is 20 tunz of meat from the cows."
You do realize it is just calculating War Damage in Warband, right?

What are you on about, mate? It means they have been actively hitting the enemy. When you bring in an army and take castle after castle, then of course that counts as giving little chance to recover.
No they do recover. They have every chance you could possibly add to recover. If you want to make-believe that any battle they would have had any meaningful effect on anything, that's your business. Miss piggy and Gonzo can sing and dance about it too! The map will still be the same **** different day unless you personally paint it yourself.

Last edited:
They still can't say they "hit them really hard" if they didn't, or "Little chance to recover" when everyone constantly recovers.
Yes, they can lol.

It was impossible to make their parties stop recovering in Warband through killing them, raiding their villages, or taking their settlements. It only took time and they'd replenish.

The whole thing is just a little blurb of text, man. It doesn't have to be some sophisticated dive into the AI's inner workings.

No they do recover. They have every chance you could possibly add to recover. If you want to make-believe that any battle they would have had any meaningful effect on anything, that's your business. Miss piggy and Gonzo can sing and dance about it too! The map will still be the same **** different day unless you personally paint it yourself.
He is talking about a specific time period. "We have been hitting them hard and given them little chance to recover." If you take a break from attacking, that is giving them a chance to recover, but when you constantly attack so the lords don't get the chance to recruit and train their troops before you have to go to battle (Aka 40 recruit-parties), that is not recovering. Of course everyone recovers in time, but then again neither Warband nor Bannerlord wars last very long usually. The phrase is not meant as they haven't recovered at all, but that the fact that they haven't recovered back to where they were in "total strength" as of before the war. To recover, you have to lose something.

It was impossible to make their parties stop recovering in Warband through killing them, raiding their villages, or taking their settlements. It only took time and they'd replenish.
Is that so? well my friends Swadia and the Khergit Khanate don't agree and they recall many many times being hit very hard and in fact not being able to recover and being wiped off the map in warband without any help from the player.

Is that so? well my friends Swadia and the Khergit Khanate don't agree and they recall many many times being hit very hard and in fact not being able to recover and being wiped off the map in warband without any help from the player.
It was impossible to make their parties stop recovering in Warband
It actually made taking the last settlement pretty awful because there would be a bunch of stray lords in there, regaining strength and adding to the garrison count. You couldn't make them stop coming back, no matter what in Warband.

In Bannerlord they just go splat when that happens.

I would even add a feature which allows you to entrust the role of "messenger" to one of your companions and he literally spares you the micromanaging of turning in every single quest by tracking down the guy/gal you took the quest for. Messengers are for that, I think I'll even make a suggestion post about that system if I find the time.

I would even add a feature which allows you to entrust the role of "messenger" to one of your companions and he literally spares you the micromanaging of turning in every single quest by tracking down the guy/gal you took the quest for. Messengers are for that, I think I'll even make a suggestion post about that system if I find the time.
I agree, if you do i will make sure to give you a vote or bump :razz:
For now i am using the Diplomacy mod for messengers. It sucks when there is an update and i can't migrate right away but at this point, i don't think i can play without Diplomacy ?

Back
Top Bottom