What's your favourite weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread

full disclaimer, I cheated and open all inventory of weapons
I have tested many many weapons, try to see which weapon is the best and most fit for kill

So far, here's the best weapon I found
Best long weapon: Long glavie
Second best long weapon: Execution Axe
Best short weapon: Engraved Backsword
Best bow: Nobol Bow

Spear in general is very difficult to use in battle, when using Long Glavie, I can have about 20-30 kill in most battle,
with spear, I only have less than 10 kills in most battle

Please share with your favourite weapon in the game.

I really just want war hammers, loved using Rhodoks in Warband for those things. Though in Bannerlord it'd be much harder to be as effective with them I guess. They were great in Warband because your character's armor let you tank lower tier melee mobs while clonking them on the head in massed combat.

I end up using the Noble Bow because ... it's the best bow no contest. I wish there were more side-grades.

Also using a Decorated Broadsword I stole from my PC's brother's wife. 92 Cut/92 Speed/107 Length are very good balance of stats.

I use the Cataphract Mace and a Rhompalia(also stolen from wife) sometimes too, for battles where I want to take lots of prisoners or am going to go on anti-cavalry duty with my character.

Last edited:
I really just want war hammers, loved using Rhodoks in Warband for those things. Though in Bannerlord it'd be much harder to be as effective with them I guess. They were great in Warband because your character's armor let you tank lower tier melee mobs while clonking them on the head in massed combat.

I end up using the Noble Bow because ... it's the best bow no contest. I wish there were more side-grades.

Also using a Decorated Broadsword I stole from my PC's brother's wife. 92 Cut/92 Speed/107 Length are very good balance of stats.

I use the Cataphract Mace and a Rhompalia(also stolen from wife) sometimes too, for battles where I want to take lots of prisoners or am going to go on anti-cavalry duty with my character.
why you use Mace?? mace is too short, if you ride horse to fight in battle, it almost never hit

even too short to use in Siege close battle

why you use Mace?? mace is too short, if you ride horse to fight in battle, it almost never hit

even too short to use in Siege close battle

Cataphract Mace is pretty long for a Mace, and you get used to the right distance. I manage to defeat melee Cav with it reliably.

Does high damage vs. armor too.

Swinging polearm is easier and better for getting kills, but as I noted, using Mace yields many prisoners since your main character will usually have many KOs especially if you chase down routers.

extra long 225 reach, with Long glaive head add hook wing thing to dismount cavalry. on a couchable shaft.

u can couch lance it,
you can swing it 2h
you can thrust it 1h + shield.
and it basically guarantees cavalry kill/dismount every hit (especially if you have perks)

i spam craft until i get one with at least +5 swing speed (since adding length to shaft will reduce swing and swing speed is the one stat that will boost dps most)

This is context dependent.

Vs looters and bandits, without doubt a high level 2h axe. It's like wheat under a scythe. The multiple kill per swing makes them super efficient.

Vs AI parties? I tend to take a glaive because of the extra reach and killing potential vs armour and cav. Although I do find a good lance to be satisfying as well - they're just a bit hit and miss when a poke with a glaive will dismount or kill most enemies.

But my favourite weapon will always be a noble bow. Nothing ever comes close to the satisfaction of a Parthian (head) shot of a chasing noble when you get too close to their line. I also particularly like charging head first into an enemy line and punching a me sized hole with a single arrow moments before I hit. That on a Pureblood that sends bodies flying is also fun.

Always goal of my playthrough is to craft a beautiful, long, pimped out 2h sword, then a nice 1h battle axe (like the sturgian hcav have) and shield and finally a long thin and deadly catacraph lance.

This is context dependent.

Vs looters and bandits, without doubt a high level 2h axe. It's like wheat under a scythe. The multiple kill per swing makes them super efficient.

Vs AI parties? I tend to take a glaive because of the extra reach and killing potential vs armour and cav. Although I do find a good lance to be satisfying as well - they're just a bit hit and miss when a poke with a glaive will dismount or kill most enemies.

But my favourite weapon will always be a noble bow. Nothing ever comes close to the satisfaction of a Parthian (head) shot of a chasing noble when you get too close to their line. I also particularly like charging head first into an enemy line and punching a me sized hole with a single arrow moments before I hit. That on a Pureblood that sends bodies flying is also fun.
yeah , exactly, this game is more fun when you are high level and high skills,
you can shoot arrows faster, and more accurate

Always goal of my playthrough is to craft a beautiful, long, pimped out 2h sword, then a nice 1h battle axe (like the sturgian hcav have) and shield and finally a long thin and deadly catacraph lance.
problem with 2h sword/axe is, not long enough for polearm, and only little longer than 1h arm

I only use 2h weapon to improve my skills to get some bonus point unlock
other ways, 2h weapon is not so great

Hmmm, surprised at the responses here. I value swing speed and cut damage way above reach. Seems like reach is king to many others....heh to each their own

Back
Top Bottom