Do horses commit Seppuku when their owners die in sieges?

Users who are viewing this thread

What happens to the horses when their riders die in a siege?
On that note, can we please have the option to tell our cavalry to sit this one out and instead, make bets on how the plebs are gonna bite the dust or drink tea or what have you? ?
We already have a working system for hideout, maybe an expansion of that?
Thanks!

Last edited:
What you really need is horse ramps against the walls so your cavalry can have fun suicides too.
60115_Product.jpg

Last edited:
I guess like most things thrown into a scary confusing space, they take the opportunity to run off and make another life for themselves far away.

I've often wondered what happened to that sword I just picked up in battle... or shield...

I feel like anything that's on you when you finish a battle should instantly be in the loot. horses, horse armour included.

I guess like most things thrown into a scary confusing space, they take the opportunity to run off and make another life for themselves far away.

I've often wondered what happened to that sword I just picked up in battle... or shield...

I feel like anything that's on you when you finish a battle should instantly be in the loot. horses, horse armour included.
Aren't they tied to a post or trees in or near the camp? Why would they run only if the owner dies?
Yeah loot picking would be nice, like a little mementos from your battles. I could even be limited to one weapon, one horse. Also a baggage bag or supply tent at the spawn location would be amazing, it would add to strategies in the field.

What you really need is horse ramps against the walls so your cavalry can have fun suicides too.
60115_Product.jpg

I can get the horse over some walls. I reported it, haven't checked if it got fixed for reals though.

On that note, can we please have the option to tell our cavalry to sit this one out and instead, make bets on how the plebs are gonna bite the dust or drink tea or what have you? ?
We already have working system for hideout, maybe an expansion of that?
Thanks!
That's an excellent question. It would be good to opt out of certain troops and companions for siege's. I would also be useful to opt out of some troops for auto calc so you can finally ran recruit into looter without risking a random death of a high tier troop.

They are returned to the families of the riders as compensation for you getting them killed, much like the armour of T5 troops :razz: .

More seriously, I think there's a surgeon perk that lets you recover horses from dead riders.

They are returned to the families of the riders as compensation for you getting them killed, much like the armour of T5 troops :razz: .

More seriously, I think there's a surgeon perk that lets you recover horses from dead riders.
Yeah, that's useful for field battles.
The riders have already dismounted to participate, surely they must have tied their horses somewhere. If we can't have the option to tell cav to sit sieges out, at least some of those expansive horses returned would be much appreciate it, if they go to the families though
tz8vfrq9lx751.jpg

Yeah, that's useful for field battles.
The riders have already dismounted to participate, surely they must have tied their horses somewhere. If we can't have the option to tell cav to sit sieges out, at least some of those expansive horses returned would be much appreciate it, if they go to the families though
tz8vfrq9lx751.jpg
Probably not, else the surgeon perk wouldn't work!

We already have a working system for hideout, maybe an expansion of that?
Thanks!
From a realistic perspective, I think it's fair that you don't get all the horses.
Imagine this, you just repelled an assault and the enemy forces are scattering. If your one of those fleeing soldiers, would you think it's a smart idea to take a horse from camp even if your just a foot-soldier?
In field battles, horses are going to flee from the chaos if it's riderless, It not just gonna stand there like in-game. And wrangling spooked horses can be a tedious task.

But do you really want more horses? Once you start participating in wars it's very easy to get a lot of horses, more than you'll ever need.
Unless, of course, you have an army consisted mainly of cavalry.

From a realistic perspective, I think it's fair that you don't get all the horses.
Imagine this, you just repelled an assault and the enemy forces are scattering. If your one of those fleeing soldiers, would you think it's a smart idea to take a horse from camp even if your just a foot-soldier?
In field battles, horses are going to flee from the chaos if it's riderless, It not just gonna stand there like in-game. And wrangling spooked horses can be a tedious task.

But do you really want more horses? Once you start participating in wars it's very easy to get a lot of horses, more than you'll ever need.
Unless, of course, you have an army consisted mainly of cavalry.
I know, mid to late game you will be swimming in horses, but the start up can be rough.
For field battles i am ok with the horses lost forever.
I am only wondering why you wouldn't get all your horses back if you are attacking and you spent that sweet time building a camp and everything.
It is a little emersion thing to be honest, i am swimming in dinars and it is the highest difficulty settings. I love how rough it is to get to this point so i am a bit picky about immersive stuff.
Character progression being halted and all, your mind looks for ways to stay engaged :sneaky:

I know, mid to late game you will be swimming in horses, but the start up can be rough.
For field battles i am ok with the horses lost forever.
I am only wondering why you wouldn't get all your horses back if you are attacking and you spent that sweet time building a camp and everything.
It is a little emersion thing to be honest, i am swimming in dinars and it is the highest difficulty settings. I love how rough it is to get to this point so i am a bit picky about immersive stuff.
Character progression being halted and all, your mind looks for ways to stay engaged :sneaky:
Once you get a fief, I always store some horses there knowing I can defend it.
That's why the A.I. nobles only bring what they need. Unlike the player, I know many of us players does. bringing their entire baggage, weapons, armor, horses and goods even denars.

I like that risk where you can literally lose everything if you've been taken prisoner. So prioritize your life and avoid pitched battles. Or store some of that amassed wealth in your fiefs. Especially those thousand horses.

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket"~

Once you get a fief, I always store some horses there knowing I can defend it.
That's why the A.I. nobles only bring what they need. Unlike the player, I know many of us players does. bringing their entire baggage, weapons, armor, horses and goods even denars.

I like that risk where you can literally lose everything if you've been taken prisoner. So prioritize your life and avoid pitched battles. Or store some of that amassed wealth in your fiefs. Especially those thousand horses.

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket"~
I do too, to avoid the herd penalty mostly.

When your cavalry troops die in a siege, their horses are gone, they are not returned to you in your inventory.
I was wondering if it because the horses can't bear the pain of their owner gone and chose the easy way out :razz:
i see, that's 100% dev over sight lol but will not be implemented into the game till like 5 years later

Back
Top Bottom