Need help with my totalitarian campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

mortache

Recruit
So the gist of it is that I want to hold all the towns myself and give only castles to vassals, preferably only one to each. Other than using 300 trade, how do I do this?

I have 5 towns and 2 castles that I conquered as a Khuzait vassal, before defecting to Northern Empire and becoming its Emperor. Now I made sure to give out castles and land to all the unlanded clans, still my name does not appear for vote when I conquer something with my own clan's army. I currently have 1500 influence and a lot of the clans have 50+ opinion of me. Will the situation change when they have 100 opinion and I have even more influence? Or will the game keep forcing me to give all of them more land until they have as much as me?

I'm frustrated to the point where I feel like I should just expel all but 2 clans from my kingdom, maybe then my name will appear in the third slot lol. It could also help those clans bw rich enough instead of constantly be poor. My towns are well garrisoned and I have 730+ Khan's guards in my clan army, so any warfare is mostly easy at this point. The main reason I'm bothered having vassals at all is because I want to protect my villages from raids.

Will the situation change when they have 100 opinion and I have even more influence?
No.
Or will the game keep forcing me to give all of them more land until they have as much as me?
Not until then, until your Merit Score is top three.

Merit Score is an opaque mechanic but here is the breakdown:
With the new patch the fief election formula has changed a bit, so I figured I would update everyone on what has changed. A couple new variables were added, and some of the old ones were tweaked. Here's the new Merit Score equation:

Ballot-Merit-Equation-1-4-3.png

• The Clan Tier Bonus has not changed.
  • The Total Clan Strength now properly subtracts out the garrison strength of the captured fief from the faction ruler's total strength, which will lower the faction ruler's bonus by a small amount.
  • The No Fief Bonus has not changed and is still 30.
  • The Capturer Bonus has been reduced to 30 (from 50).
  • The Ruler Bonus has been reduced to 60 (from 100).
  • The Poverty Bonus is now added when clans have < 30k gold. The less they have the bigger the bonus up to a maximum of 30. The exact formula to determine the bonus is [30 - (Clan Gold / 1000)], so if a clan has 20k gold they get 10 points, if a clan has 10k gold they get 20 points, etc.
  • The Player Bonus is a flat 30 point bonus that only applies to the player clan.
The Player Bonus + Capturer Bonus now equals the bonus that the faction ruler gets from the Ruler Bonus, so those will cancel each other out if the player captured the fief.

Unfortunately, the issues with the newly captured fief being included in the Distance Factor calculations, and the value of the captured fief being included in the total value of all the clan's fiefs (meaning it gets counted twice for rulers), are both still present.

I don't know what the status of that issue is, whether it's intentionally being kept that way, or if it was just forgotten about. Keep in mind that these two factors somewhat balance each other out, since the value of the captured fief will reduce the faction ruler's Merit Score, while the distance factor will increase the Merit Score.
[Fixed with a recent hotfix]

Here is a link to the equation as it was in 1.4.2 as a comparison.

No.

Not until then, until your Merit Score is top three.

Merit Score is an opaque mechanic but here is the breakdown:
I didn't know about the merit score! Thanks!

What's the actual number range for total value of all clan's fiefs? As I get more and more towns, my total fief value rises and so I will never really go on the ballot? Seems like I'll have to expel all but 2 vassals anyways lol.

What's the actual number range for total value of all clan's fiefs?
The value of fiefs typically fall within the range of about 300,000 in the case of lower end castles to 5,000,000 in the case of high end towns. There are a variety of factors that affect the value of a fief, but you can get a rough approximation of their value with the following equations:

Towns:
750,000 + (Prosperity x 1000)

Castles:
250,000 + (Prosperity x 1000)

Villages:
100,000 + (Hearths x 250)

Since villages are always bound to either towns or castles, you need to add the value of each the villages to the value of their bound settlements to get the total value of the fief. At the end, multiply the total value by 0.33.

So for example, if you have a town with 4000 prosperity and 3 bound villages with 300 hearth each, its value will roughly be equal to [750,000 + (4000 x 1000)] + [100,000 + (300 x 250)] + [100,000 + (300 x 250)] + [100,000 + (300 x 250)] = 5,275,000 x 0.33 = 1,740,750.

As a comparison, a castle with 1000 prosperity and 2 bound villages of 300 hearths each would have a value of roughly 528,000.

With merit score, the game is basically trying to distribute the value of fiefs to clans according to their rank. Tier 5 clans should have more total value in fiefs than tier 4 clans, who should have more value than tier 3 clans, etc. If the fiefs a particular clan owns are less valuable than they should have for their rank, then their merit score will be higher and they will have a good chance to appear on the ballot and earn a fief. If a clan has a lot of strong troops or conquers a fief themselves, then their merit score will get a boost, potentially allowing them to have more valuable fiefs than they otherwise would for their clan rank. The merit score is pretty favorable to the player, but that still doesn't mean that they will get to keep all of the fiefs they conquer.

Currently, I don't think there's a legit way for you to keep all of the towns for yourself as a ruler (besides only having 2 vassals), but if it's for the sake of roleplaying, you could always just use the console command "campaign.give_settlement_to_player" to give yourself all of the towns and leave the castles for your vassals.

The value of fiefs typically fall within the range of about 300,000 in the case of lower end castles to 5,000,000 in the case of high end towns. There are a variety of factors that affect the value of a fief, but you can get a rough approximation of their value with the following equations:

Towns:
750,000 + (Prosperity x 1000)

Castles:
250,000 + (Prosperity x 1000)

Villages:
100,000 + (Hearths x 250)

Since villages are always bound to either towns or castles, you need to add the value of each the villages to the value of their bound settlements to get the total value of the fief. At the end, multiply the total value by 0.33.

So for example, if you have a town with 4000 prosperity and 3 bound villages with 300 hearth each, its value will roughly be equal to [750,000 + (4000 x 1000)] + [100,000 + (300 x 250)] + [100,000 + (300 x 250)] + [100,000 + (300 x 250)] = 5,275,000 x 0.33 = 1,740,750.

As a comparison, a castle with 1000 prosperity and 2 bound villages of 300 hearths each would have a value of roughly 528,000.

With merit score, the game is basically trying to distribute the value of fiefs to clans according to their rank. Tier 5 clans should have more total value in fiefs than tier 4 clans, who should have more value than tier 3 clans, etc. If the fiefs a particular clan owns are less valuable than they should have for their rank, then their merit score will be higher and they will have a good chance to appear on the ballot and earn a fief. If a clan has a lot of strong troops or conquers a fief themselves, then their merit score will get a boost, potentially allowing them to have more valuable fiefs than they otherwise would for their clan rank. The merit score is pretty favorable to the player, but that still doesn't mean that they will get to keep all of the fiefs they conquer.

Currently, I don't think there's a legit way for you to keep all of the towns for yourself as a ruler (besides only having 2 vassals), but if it's for the sake of roleplaying, you could always just use the console command "campaign.give_settlement_to_player" to give yourself all of the towns and leave the castles for your vassals.
While I think this might be a good system for the AI, player character needs more agency when he conquers a town as the damn king. Having genuine incentive to give vassals more land is good, but being forced like this hurts. I got 5 towns and 2 castles as Khuzait vassal, but cant even keep my own conquests now as king? Let vassals leave, rebel, town prosperity go down for looters etc but do it organically, not ad-hoc hand of god forcing us to do something. I don't even think they pay me taxes lol.

Take the entire map (or just towns) yourself as a solo clan, holding or killing all lords, then make kingdom and recruit whoever you didn't kill, possibly after re-building relations by catch and release, give them castles. TAH DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from that, not including cheatings or mods I don't think you can because eventually the "dungeon master" won't let you nominate yourself for more fiefs.

Last edited:
Take the entire map (or just towns) yourself as a solo clan, holding or killing all lords, then make kingdom and recruit whoever you didn't kill, possibly after re-building relations by catch and release, give them castles. TAH DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from that, not including cheatings or mods I don't think you can because eventually the "dungeon master" won't let you nominate yourself for more fiefs.
I'm running around with 710 Khan's guards at tier 4 with more in the oven (garrison), so any army whether allied or enemy is just a nuisance lol. But I can't be everywhere at once to stop the village raids. Maybe I'll keep two tier 6 clans in my kingdom so that my name pops up as the third in votes lol. Lets call it the "Triumvirate" haha.

first question: how do you give town to yourself??? current system is AI pick 3 options, you as ruler, may or may not be in one of the 3 options

seconds: i have conquer all 5 Battanian town, all 4000+ prosperity after 1000 days, but the garrison cost is more than the income, so the more town you rule, the more $$ you will lose

unless you keep put down money on construction project to boost up the construction speed, otherwise, AI computer manage it better than you.

first question: how do you give town to yourself??? current system is AI pick 3 options, you as ruler, may or may not be in one of the 3 options

seconds: i have conquer all 5 Battanian town, all 4000+ prosperity after 1000 days, but the garrison cost is more than the income, so the more town you rule, the more $$ you will lose

unless you keep put down money on construction project to boost up the construction speed, otherwise, AI computer manage it better than you.
1. You can't, that is the entire reason I made this post. Currently it seems I gotta either have to use cheats or expell all except 2 clans so that my name comes up as the third option, but I haven't tested that yet.

2. Yeah garrisons are totally not worth it if you don't mind having few good settlements close by and guard all of them jealously from enemy, especially because they will eat food and lower prosperity gain. Though its best to have high security.

But if you are at war and plan to go on the offensive or somewhere far from your fiefs, you HAVE TO garrison your fiefs or the enemy will siege them down.

So the gist of it is that I want to hold all the towns myself and give only castles to vassals, preferably only one to each. Other than using 300 trade, how do I do this?

I have 5 towns and 2 castles that I conquered as a Khuzait vassal, before defecting to Northern Empire and becoming its Emperor. Now I made sure to give out castles and land to all the unlanded clans, still my name does not appear for vote when I conquer something with my own clan's army. I currently have 1500 influence and a lot of the clans have 50+ opinion of me. Will the situation change when they have 100 opinion and I have even more influence? Or will the game keep forcing me to give all of them more land until they have as much as me?

I'm frustrated to the point where I feel like I should just expel all but 2 clans from my kingdom, maybe then my name will appear in the third slot lol. It could also help those clans bw rich enough instead of constantly be poor. My towns are well garrisoned and I have 730+ Khan's guards in my clan army, so any warfare is mostly easy at this point. The main reason I'm bothered having vassals at all is because I want to protect my villages from raids.
just have no other clans in your kingdom, take the world with mercenaries.

just have no other clans in your kingdom, take the world with mercenaries.
Yeah this! Don't even need mercs just kill em all first and press the button after! Got a vid in sig It's a trollish video and I knowo full well that killing everyone outright and THEN making a kingdom is not how most people want to play or what they mean by making a kingdom

Yeah this! Don't even need mercs just kill em all first and press the button after! Got a vid in sig It's a trollish video and I knowo full well that killing everyone outright and THEN making a kingdom is not how most people want to play or what they mean by making a kingdom
I managed to obliterate Sturgia from the map but Raganvad keeps getting about 2 mercenaries and harassing me lol. When does an enemy kingdom cease to exist? I'm seeing conflicting info on the internet and most of it is from early 2020.

I managed to obliterate Sturgia from the map but Raganvad keeps getting about 2 mercenaries and harassing me lol. When does an enemy kingdom cease to exist? I'm seeing conflicting info on the internet and most of it is from early 2020.
Raganvads clan will have to die out. They can't be recruited. So you have two choices, wait for them to die or kill them (execution or through battle).

I'm seeing conflicting info on the internet and most of it is from early 2020.
Yeah me too. I've read people say that they recruited ruler clans, or that they joined another faction, but I've never seen it happen.
Raganvads clan will have to die out. They can't be recruited. So you have two choices, wait for them to die or kill them (execution or through battle).
This is my experience too. You have 10% of killing them with a non-blunt attack so you can save before attacking them and just grind it out if you don't want the relation hit. Alternatively if you have the perks keen sight (scouting 225) and mounted patrols (225 riding) you can just keep them in prisoners forever. Although if you are a kingdom it's possible you faction will still try to vote peace on them and let them out and make you pay them money. To me this is a oversight and problem. There should be a different way of dealing with defeated factions other then the tribute payment system. I think it would good to take an actual hostage, say you defeat and capture raganvad and he just lives in your town and his clan is forced to behave as mercs indefinitely, or maybe they become exiled, they agree to never raid or attack you ever and if they do they can be killed without penalty. Or just automatically revoke the execution penalty when they lose last fief. You're not a king anymore, you're a fallen ruler, you didn't win the game of thrones, so you die...

Yeah me too. I've read people say that they recruited ruler clans, or that they joined another faction, but I've never seen it happen.

This is my experience too. You have 10% of killing them with a non-blunt attack so you can save before attacking them and just grind it out if you don't want the relation hit. Alternatively if you have the perks keen sight (scouting 225) and mounted patrols (225 riding) you can just keep them in prisoners forever. Although if you are a kingdom it's possible you faction will still try to vote peace on them and let them out and make you pay them money. To me this is a oversight and problem. There should be a different way of dealing with defeated factions other then the tribute payment system. I think it would good to take an actual hostage, say you defeat and capture raganvad and he just lives in your town and his clan is forced to behave as mercs indefinitely, or maybe they become exiled, they agree to never raid or attack you ever and if they do they can be killed without penalty. Or just automatically revoke the execution penalty when they lose last fief. You're not a king anymore, you're a fallen ruler, you didn't win the game of thrones, so you die...
Does killing their entire clan destroy the kingdom? Also, yeah I was forced to pay like 200 tribute to them despite them having only a handful of troops when I was at war with Battania and Vlandia declared war on me. Maybe the tribute system is meant to make the game more interesting and dynamic giving the defeated factions chance to come back but without land what money does Raganvad even pay the mercenaries?

Damn I actually wanted to recruit that clan. Before conquering all of Sturgia I left one other clan in the kingdom with a town and executed Raganvad to see if that other clan will be the ruler, but no luck. Southern empire on the other hand has a new clan as ruler, lets see if I can grab the late Rhagaea's clan into my kingdom.

Does killing their entire clan destroy the kingdom? Also, yeah I was forced to pay like 200 tribute to them despite them having only a handful of troops when I was at war with Battania and Vlandia declared war on me. Maybe the tribute system is meant to make the game more interesting and dynamic giving the defeated factions chance to come back but without land what money does Raganvad even pay the mercenaries?
You have to destroy every clan in the faction, then any remaining fiefs will go to another faction (even rebels for bug reasons). AFAIK that's the end. Might be possible for rebels to spawn and turn into a old faction but I don't know, just speculating... though now that I think of it I might have seen it while messing around lately, might need to go check it out . this is why iron man is an abomination, I have like 15 saves of weird situations that have came up in my last game I might want to explore moreI think everything is about preventing snowballing and stalling out the game, but has very little concern for how it feel to the player. So yes, it's much harder for 1 faction to get much bigger then another and much harder for a faction to get wiped out.... but it's a very annoying situation to eventually have a collection of pests with no way to make real peace or recruit them and for them to seemingly not go away (like in warband).

Don't even need mercs
of course i need the mercs. they are here to boost my numbers instantly able to match a kingdom with 3 clans of mercs.
i can gather a 2500 men army and defeat any army that kingdom can throw at me, while quickly sieging down all their towns and castles since the battle size favors me overwhelmingly, i lose no men in sieges since my archers just shoot everyone on the wall till there's none left.

padding numbers allowing more favorable deployment and reinforcements. the negative is that if you choose not to raid/devastate the town after you lose relation with the mercs. so eventually when they stop the contract they won't fight for you again (just find another merc)

Back
Top Bottom