Abuse of the votekicking system needs serious attention

Users who are viewing this thread

As anyone who's recently played public games might have noticed, the abuse of votekicking has gotten out of hand. Certain clans and/or groups of people have made it a habit of using votekicks to improve their chances of winning as well as getting rid of anyone they have personal issues with.

The votekicking system was implemented to allow teams to kick people who AFK, troll or grief their own team. Any other use of this system is pretty much a guaranteed ban in every other multiplayer game that has matchmaking. There don't seem to be any systems in place which allow votekicks to be analyzed for their legitimacy, and players have caught onto that. What's worse is that they are pretty much directly rewarded for kicking any player below a certain skill level because of how the gold balancing system works.

This thread serves pretty much just as an extension of another one which should give you an idea of where this kicking culture is headed: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...rs-from-server-should-be-harder.446402/unread

One post summed it up best
Votekicking players in skirmish is a surefire way of making people leave the game. Literally isnt possible for some people to play the game...
If winning a skirmish match in a non competitive gamemode is so important to people, seriously reconsider your priorities people.

TaleWorlds, if you still care about new players at all, you best take some time to look at this current situation. The state of matchmaking has encouraged players to take matters into their own hands and start tailor making their teams by just votekicking as they please. The ones who suffer the most are the newer players.

I mean you have a good point that clans are kicking the weak players to get better chances of winning by getting more money or a better player. However, if the new players fight good players 80% of the time they will ragequit and at the same time the good players will suffer from getting smacked because the new players have no idea what they are doing. Solution is pretty simple limit the vote kick to 1 kick per player because right now you can kick 3 times I think.
In general this is a waste of a thread. In every competitive game if someone is afk,trolling,playing bad he will get kicked. The only thing I agree about is that you shouldn't be able to kick 3 times in a skirmish match but only 1.

Also skirmish is a competitive gamemode and new players don't belong there. Game is too small for ranked so the trash players belong to Siege and TDM. Get better then come play skirmish.

In general this is a waste of a thread. In every competitive game if someone is afk,trolling,playing bad he will get kicked. The only thing I agree about is that you shouldn't be able to kick 3 times in a skirmish match but only 1.
Did you read what I said? AFKing and trolling is what the votekicking is for, playing bad is not. Matchmaking is there to assure that players of similar skill level are matched, votekicking for "bad play" is not supposed to be a thing. And since matchmaking doesn't work as it should people are giving themselves authority to decide who is good enough and who isn't through votekicking. That's abuse of the system. It's a fact, objectively speaking.

And what a ****ing surprise that the person who takes advantage of this broken system and is not on the receiving end wouldn't agree with me. Thanks for your input bro, very valuable. ??

And what a ****ing surprise that the person who takes advantage of this broken system and is not on the receiving end wouldn't agree with me. Thanks for your input bro, very valuable. ??
It's a competitive gamemode when I fight 6 good players with 3 good and 3 bad I will kick the bad players. Imagine in CSGO a silver 1 player with Global Elite and the silver is 0 kills 10 deaths you think he will not kick him? I bet he will. For the record, I don't abuse the system unless they are not listening. I always use the voice chat to try and make them stick to the team.
And hearing you saying that it's a meme because you'd get more upset than me in such a match and kick the guy playing bad and not teaming up with his team.

I see a few possible solutions to this problem:

1. Enemy team must participate in the vote. That way they can make sure the kick is happening for the right reasons. The downside is that if that is an afk player, the enemy team might decide to not let the kick happen to gain an advantage. But it reduces the chance of abuse, so maybe it's worth it.

2. Disable votekicking a certain player until he gets a teamkill(or more, debatable) or stands still for more than 30 seconds. That way we can make sure that only those eligible get kicked out. Downside is that new players are usually the ones who make more teamkills unintentionally, so it will still be possible that they will be kicked, but at least not as easy.

3. Implement a harsh punishment for votekicking with no good reason. That one requires devs spending resources on investigating these cases, but they still probably do it with the reports so if you get kicked just report the players that kicked you and if the admin decides it wasn't fair they get banned for a few days, or whatever punishment might seems suitable.

As anyone who's recently played public games might have noticed, the abuse of votekicking has gotten out of hand. Certain clans and/or groups of people have made it a habit of using votekicks to improve their chances of winning as well as getting rid of anyone they have personal issues with.

The votekicking system was implemented to allow teams to kick people who AFK, troll or grief their own team. Any other use of this system is pretty much a guaranteed ban in every other multiplayer game that has matchmaking. There don't seem to be any systems in place which allow votekicks to be analyzed for their legitimacy, and players have caught onto that. What's worse is that they are pretty much directly rewarded for kicking any player below a certain skill level because of how the gold balancing system works.

This thread serves pretty much just as an extension of another one which should give you an idea of where this kicking culture is headed: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...rs-from-server-should-be-harder.446402/unread

One post summed it up best

TaleWorlds, if you still care about new players at all, you best take some time to look at this current situation. The state of matchmaking has encouraged players to take matters into their own hands and start tailor making their teams by just votekicking as they please. The ones who suffer the most are the newer players.
To add to your post, the outlook for the future regarding this system is not great at all. Once we get the properly competitive queueing with whatever it brings people will feel more inclined to get noobs/low skill or whatever reason to kick

I mean you have a good point that clans are kicking the weak players to get better chances of winning by getting more money or a better player. However, if the new players fight good players 80% of the time they will ragequit and at the same time the good players will suffer from getting smacked because the new players have no idea what they are doing. Solution is pretty simple limit the vote kick to 1 kick per player because right now you can kick 3 times I think.

Also skirmish is a competitive gamemode and new players don't belong there. Game is too small for ranked so the trash players belong to Siege and TDM. Get better then come play skirmish.
The mode isnt competitive, its a casual queue. You dont votekick people for lack of skill in a casual queue, especially not when the population is so low. I've had countless games with me and a friend + 4 new players vs heavy stacks, we get crushed ofcourse, then we move on.
New players belong wherever the game lets them go. I know of some competitive people who wants to learn the game, but hates TDM and Siege, so whats the alternative? Not playing the game? Yep thats what happened.

This elitist attitude is why this community will fail, and we cant blame the game for it. Seing new players get harassed by clans is really dissapointing and honestly sad.
Right now the only way to play the game competitively is through matches and tournaments, skirmish queue is casual.

It's a competitive gamemode when I fight 6 good players with 3 good and 3 bad I will kick the bad players. Imagine in CSGO a silver 1 player with Global Elite and the silver is 0 kills 10 deaths you think he will not kick him? I bet he will. For the record, I don't abuse the system unless they are not listening. I always use the voice chat to try and make them stick to the team.
And hearing you saying that it's a meme because you'd get more upset than me in such a match and kick the guy playing bad and not teaming up with his team.
I don't care how you justify it or what level of tolerance you have before you decide to issue a "skill-related votekick", the fact that you think that it's an acceptable state of affairs to allow individuals to decide who's allowed to play the game and who isn't on public matchmaking shows what a questionable sense of right and wrong you have. It even leaves an elitist ******* like me scratching my head.

The root of the problem is the non-functional matchmaking, there is no doubt about that. But in the short term, there is no way it can be allowed to continue like this. No matter how unbalanced teams end up being.

It's a competitive gamemode when I fight 6 good players with 3 good and 3 bad I will kick the bad players.
What the **** is that.
Straight up the worst and biggest ******* move you can do in that situation. You either stand your ground against that 6 people or bring your team to your your level and eventually lose together. People with your attitude are the reason why new players won’t touch skirmish and quit MP.

Anyone justifying kicking people because they are "not good" is a moron. How should they ever get good in the current state of the game? By playing Team Deathmatch? Please.

For one thing, kicks should be CSGO-style voting, i.e. everyone else on the team needs to vote yes for it to count, not a simple majority vote (as it was on Warband - that system is perfectly fair for larger scale public servers, but not for your ""esports"" modes). That doesn't stop the abuse completly, obviously, but it's a start and an easy change.

It's a competitive gamemode when I fight 6 good players with 3 good and 3 bad I will kick the bad players.
Hahahaha what is this really? You have tournament that you can sweat and try hard as wish you can. Random skirmish or stacking skirmish isnt tryhard place and punishing people only they are not listening your glorious leader "orders". XD

The root of the problem is the non-functional matchmaking, there is no doubt about that. But in the short term, there is no way it can be allowed to continue like this. No matter how unbalanced teams end up being.
The root of the problem is definitely not the matchmaking system. It does play a role, but people's attitude is a much larger contributing factor. Even if system does the best it can, there will always be better and worse players in every team. Toxicity will remain if the attitude doesn't change and the best a good system can do is minimize it. It will never take away the problem entirely. That is not to say that I don't support this idea

If you're going 0-8 + teamhits you deserve to be kicked

Its usually pretty easy to spot someone in Skirmish you know is prolly going to be useless

Back
Top Bottom