Beta Patch Notes e1.6.2

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 folks. The devs are busy at work, flesson et al.
First the crashes happened after the 1.6.2 hotfix, which this is what this thread is for, things related to the beta branch. A bug report can help but that is the purpose of this thread. Also the devs are busy, so busy they can't take 2 or 3 minutes to make a one sentence post. Nice to you got inside knowledge and know their schedule. With your inside knowledge of their schedule, when is 1.6.3 coming out? Who needs a dev, we got you with all the knowledge

Maybe instead of having a moan, why don't you guys who are having crashes compare notes - perhaps you share a similar setup that might be causing it. Graphics cards, drivers, OS version... SD type etc etc. Maybe it's a particular configuration that the devs need to look at. I.e. be productive.
Thanks for the great tip. If you take a closer look, nobody's "having a moan" here, a few fellas reported the bug here, gave a tip on how to reproduce it, most of us have our hardware in our signatures. I also attached a few crash dumps. And the devs read the messages about crashes and bugs here too, so your advice seems to be sooooo useful.

I haven't had any crashes.

Maybe instead of having a moan, why don't you guys who are having crashes compare notes - perhaps you share a similar setup that might be causing it. Graphics cards, drivers, OS version... SD type etc etc. Maybe it's a particular configuration that the devs need to look at. I.e. be productive.

Then you can go over to the actual support forum and post a thread about it in a format that TW can triage. Random posts in the middle of a thread with hundreds of posts isn't a very good way of triaging support queries, and just going @ a dev doesn't add it to the triaged support list, whereas a support query with details does.
Okay I'll play, I did a village needs drought animals (sumpter), 2 extortion by deserters, 1 help with brigands and cleared 4 hideouts and dsiposed of about 20 looter/ bandit parties via "okay you can join me*(not)" or auto resolve and I did not have any crashes. I see people mentioning armies, well there are none in my game because I killed everyone, so there you go.

Thanks for the great tip. If you take a closer look, nobody's "having a moan" here, a few fellas reported the bug here, gave a tip on how to reproduce it, most of us have our hardware in our signatures. I also attached a few crash dumps. And the devs read the messages about crashes and bugs here too, so your advice seems to be sooooo useful.

You don't need to have a moan at me. My post followed this:

<crickets> nice to know our questions and concerns draw attention from TW

Which is a moan in my books.

Well done on that other stuff.

And the hotfix didn't fix my only gripe with 1.6.2, that we can't reliably assign roles to other companion parties, or your own character.
The fix for this is included in 163.

It's unlikely we'll be pushing 163 out today, a hotfix is more likely today/tomorrow though to alleviate some of the issues you're facing.

@Dejan To Clarify, could we still get 1.6.2 as main branch this week
Generally, it is better to have a "stable" beta branch for a few days before moving it to live. When a range of issues are fixed during that transition, there is a risk for the live branch that some issues remain or new issues are introduced that slipped by internal tests.

The fix for this is included in 163.

It's unlikely we'll be pushing 163 out today, a hotfix is more likely today/tomorrow though to alleviate some of the issues you're facing.
Sounds like a confirmation for 1.6.3 next week then.

Generally, it is better to have a "stable" beta branch for a few days before moving it to live. When a range of issues are fixed during that transition, there is a risk for the live branch that some issues remain or new issues are introduced that slipped by internal tests.
You're my role model and you just made me cry, how does that make you feel?

You're my role model and you just made me cry, how does that make you feel?
Have this for better mood and general well being
86d6317663382e3e8e475d2cb9bb10b5.jpg

Hotfix 16/09/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a loading crash related to the education feature. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when mounted agents were routed. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when handling pending kingdom decisions.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that added lords and ladies to another party after they were freed by the player (and fixed save files affected by this issue). (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented tier 6 prisoners from being recruitable. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when displaying player names. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when logging in if the username contained specific characters. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash related to multi-core network event creation. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)

Got any hotfixes coming up? ?
3ujczv.jpg
Hotfixes are for the weak. Any issue with assigning roles can be worked around in a few seconds. Crashes are rare and I've had them but are easily countered by saving often. I haven't gotten the same crash twice. I want to let them focus on the content but I'm in the minority.

Let them finish the current potato blight affecting Britania err Bryzintine errrr Battania

?Glorius Battanian potatoes confirmed? 9/16/2021 (16/9/2021) (16 Eylül 2021 (1437) [Perşembe] ) -Lord Duh of Taleworlds

^Thats a joke, just so we're clear. :party:
????????????

Hotfix 16/09/21
That was fast... Couldn't even post this in time...
Thank you Callum =D

Hotfix 16/09/21

Singleplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a loading crash related to the education feature. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when mounted agents were routed. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when handling pending kingdom decisions.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that added lords and ladies to another party after they were freed by the player (and fixed save files affected by this issue). (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a bug that prevented tier 6 prisoners from being recruitable. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when displaying player names. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when logging in if the username contained specific characters. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
  • Fixed a crash related to multi-core network event creation. (Also in e1.6.1 hotfix.)
Thank you <3 I wish the tavern bards missing instruments was fixed in this one. Good job you guys!

Back
Top Bottom