Help with marrying off my kids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Reften

Recruit
Hello fellow Bannerlord Fanatics,

So, loving the game. I got married, and had 4 kids. 3 have come of age, 1 girl who's 22, and 3 boys less than 22.

I of course want to play one of those 4 when my first character dies of old age.

But, I'm worried by the time my 1st character dies, they\ll be in their 30's, maybe even 40's, unmarried, no kids, and my game ends with them.

So, I read that I can marry off my daughter....and my sons too? And, what happens when I marry them off? Do I lose them to another clan? Or do I gain their spouse as part of my clan (different for marrying off boys/girls?) ALso, then how do I make sure they have kids? Do I have to ensure they stay togetjher in the same location for a while same as the playable character?

THanks in advance, Reften

But, I'm worried by the time my 1st character dies, they\ll be in their 30's, maybe even 40's, unmarried, no kids, and my game ends with them.
This is a concern with taking over an old child, however 1: If you're a guy you can have more children and choose to take over a younger one instead, if you want, by getting your wife killed a re-marring it's easier to have more children. If you're female MC not so though. 2: Your children can also have children before you take them over, just marry your boys to non-clan-leader females under 45 (younger =better) and wait in a fief with them both, they use the same pregnancy mechanic as you do, you can even wait 10 days and re-load over and over until somebody is pregnant! Also the game wouldn't end anyways, you can even take over as wanderer's you've hired and such. Doesn't work anymore.

So, I read that I can marry off my daughter....and my sons too? And, what happens when I marry them off? Do I lose them to another clan? Or do I gain their spouse as part of my clan (different for marrying off boys/girls?)
Girls leave your clan and join the other, boys USUALLY bring thier wife into you clan, however if you marry them to a clan leader they will leave and join hers, so be careful.
) ALso, then how do I make sure they have kids?
As I answered above you can gather up all the couples and wait in a fief with them and have a big ol baby making party! They can also be set as the governor, leading a party in and army with you, whatever as long as they are all waiting in the fief with thier spouse during the daily tick for a chance of pregnancy! I have a video in my sig if you want more on pregnancy stuff! If left alone to wander in parties or set as governor, they CAN get pregnant but I'm not sure how it works for AI , not sure if they need to actually be in fief together or how the AI does it, but its seem much much less common then if you just make everyone wait together.

Last edited:
you can even take over as wanderer's you've hired and such.
Is that actually true? How?

In my current campaign I had to reload from an earlier save as my character (55) got ill and died before any of his 4 kids reached the age of 18. I had a full set of hired wanderers. Wife (i think the 3rd) was dead.

I had no option to continue as a wanderer. The game just said my clan had been destroyed and it kicked me back the main menu.

Is that actually true? How?

In my current campaign I had to reload from an earlier save as my character (55) got ill and died before any of his 4 kids reached the age of 18. I had a full set of hired wanderers. Wife (i think the 3rd) was dead.

I had no option to continue as a wanderer. The game just said my clan had been destroyed and it kicked me back the main menu.
Well maybe it's miss information, or maybe a bug or maybe a change over versions. I've read it on this forum somebody trusted say that they were able to play on as a wanderer. I have not been able to die my self ever.

@Apocal was it you who said you could choose a wanderer hero to take over when you die? If so what version was it? I know if it was some time ago I read somebody say that.

Well maybe it's miss information, or maybe a bug or maybe a change over versions. I've read it on this forum somebody trusted say that they were able to play on as a wanderer. I have not been able to die my self ever.

@Apocal was it you who said you could choose a wanderer hero to take over when you die? If so what version was it? I know if it was some time ago I read somebody say that.
Yeah, if you don't have kids or a spouse it can be a companion. It was quite a few versions ago that it happened to me, so just give me a few minutes to kill myself to test to see if it works in this one too.

Yeah, if you don't have kids or a spouse it can be a companion. It was quite a few versions ago that it happened to me, so just give me a few minutes to kill myself to test to see if it works in this one too.
Nope, dying with a companion in your clan means you go poof now. Gonna test spouse next.
7yn2hLk.jpg

edit: Spouse works fine.

Last edited:
Well there you go @Bazza_ov_da_Norf it doesn't work anymore. Thanks @Apocal for checking it out! That's kinda crappy tbh, what if you want to play a 50yo woman in sandbox? You just can't have kids... well I guess you get married and then hope you die at a convenient time for the husband to get married to a young woman.

Marry a young husband I guess?

Speaking of which... My character just had twins. Who would have thought.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer Quick followup. When I find a noble that is single, and young (sounds creepy)....do I go to that noble's parents to get my kids hitched or that nobles clan leader?

Also, so get my sons hitched, my son's start having kids. Do those kids grow up to be in my clan? Geez, could see having dozens of "companions" who are mostly family members by 3rd generation play....

@Ananda_The_Destroyer Quick followup. When I find a noble that is single, and young (sounds creepy)....do I go to that noble's parents to get my kids hitched or that nobles clan leader?

Also, so get my sons hitched, my son's start having kids. Do those kids grow up to be in my clan? Geez, could see having dozens of "companions" who are mostly family members by 3rd generation play....
You talk to the clan leader.
All the kids become clan members, yeah it can become a lot, but there's a whole lot of towns on the map that need governors too.

What happens when the player dies without any family members?
It tells you you're not part of the world anymore like in screenshot Apocal posted above. AFAIK you can re-load and cheat death though when you first get the sick message, if you really wanted as it's a daily tick chance thing.

While we're at it... there seems to be some sort of hard limit on how many sons you can marry off.

In one of my current playthroughs I have 2 sons married off, and they've got grandkids now. And one of my brother's sons is married off. But my other sons, and the sons of my brothers can't be married, the dialogue is broken/greyed out all of a sudden.

I have a lot of daughters in the mix too, but none of them have been married off. They're my party leaders.

(Sons... good for marrying off. Daughters... good for leading war parties)

While we're at it... there seems to be some sort of hard limit on how many sons you can marry off.

In one of my current playthroughs I have 2 sons married off, and they've got grandkids now. And one of my brother's sons is married off. But my other sons, and the sons of my brothers can't be married, the dialogue is broken/greyed out all of a sudden.

I have a lot of daughters in the mix too, but none of them have been married off. They're my party leaders.

(Sons... good for marrying off. Daughters... good for leading war parties)
But you can not marry the daughters, they will leave your clan and join the other clan.

Last edited:
You talk to the clan leader.
All the kids become clan members, yeah it can become a lot, but there's a whole lot of towns on the map that need governors too.

It tells you you're not part of the world anymore like in screenshot Apocal posted above. AFAIK you can re-load and cheat death though when you first get the sick message, if you really wanted as it's a daily tick chance thing.
Thanks again for the info, appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom