Bannerlord was a gift

Users who are viewing this thread

Its honestly a pretty good argument. No matter how much we complain, I doubt, that anyone here has less than 300 hours in Bannerlord and it certainly did pay off. However, that doesent mean we dont have to improve it and not fill all its potential.

So bashing MP is the only argument you have? I agree though, that MP can be improved. But singleplayer bannerlord is very good and not an inferior product. It beats most games out there.
Well, you carefully picked that single argument out of all that I wrote previously and decided it was the only argument.

Multiplayer is objectively a dead wreck, of course. As for single player being very good, want arguments against that? Here's arguments.

-Economy is absurd. See the starving cities exporting food. And lords asking for 500k to join you when they're broken and have no fiefs.
-Caravans and Workshops make 1/50 of the money you could make by simply rummaging through dead soldiers.
-Profits from trade are ridiculously low.
-Most perks are terribly balanced, ranging from overpowered to absurdly useless. A lot of them are also broken or non-functional.
-Smithing is absolutely broken: a sword should never have the worth of a city, a castle AND a wife. There shouldn't be an ExcaliMart in Calradia.
-1000 vs 1000 battles last 5 minutes.
-Friendly and enemy AI are both retarded beyond belief.
-Sieges are still absolutely broken. 50% of the archers don't ever fire a single shot. Men can't use siege weapons properly. Men won't break down gates and won't position themselves correctly even after managing to get on the walls by God's grace and some luck.
-One handed weapons are useless, proven by the fact everyone use glaives on horseback.
-Troops are unbalanced, with some being borderline overpowered while others are a net loss with how useless they are.
-The UI is an absolute disaster, a compilation of dated design and memory leaks.
-The sandbox experience offers the same loop and nothing more: hunt bandits and enemy parties before you get broke. Capture castles and cities. Spend all your time hunting bandits and enemy parties since you now have an even higher maintenance cost. Or abuse smithing and be a millionaire who has no reason to do anything since he can buy a kingdom. Literally, I made something like 4 swords and bought three cities and seven castles with the money I made.
-There's nothing to do aside from repeating the same battles against the same lords and raising more men to go on with the loop forever.
-Battles are underwhelming: lack of control, lack of diversity, lack of immersion, lack of realism, lack of interesting maps. And again, they last 5 minutes.
-There's been little progress regarding critical issues since day one.
-Taleworlds has given us little in the way of promised features, and those given before beta release were never followed through. Track record is a thing.

Taleworlds is a RARE beast ! Full of artists wanting to produce a quality product, no matter how long it takes. Unlike many other Strategic game developers who have a fixed dead-line to release, and produce half baked TRASH!! but hide this fact with promotional SPIN and LIES !! .. w'ome II ..

Taleworlds, never abandon your "quality first" policy.

Taleworlds is a RARE beast ! Full of artists wanting to produce a quality product, no matter how long it takes. Unlike many other Strategic game developers who have a fixed dead-line to release, and produce half baked TRASH!! but hide this fact with promotional SPIN and LIES !! .. w'ome II ..

Taleworlds, never abandon your "quality first" policy.

Welcome alien life form from another dimension. You won't like this dimension.

-One handed weapons are useless, proven by the fact everyone use glaives on horseback.
That doesn't mean one handed weapons are useless. It just means that glaives are better, when on horseback. One handed weapons make more sense on foot, because then you really need a shield since you can't speed-tank arrows.

-Most perks are terribly balanced, ranging from overpowered to absurdly useless. A lot of them are also broken or non-functional.
At least there is a perk system.
-Smithing is absolutely broken: a sword should never have the worth of a city, a castle AND a wife. There shouldn't be an ExcaliMart in Calradia.
Some balancing and smithing will be good. At least it is in the game and can be expanded upon.
Sure, but as far as I have heard the developers are talking with a mod team from a mod where battles are a bit longer. Perhaps it will change? Also, at least we can have large battles and be a soldier among them.
I disagree, this is more of a subjective opinion kind of thing.
-Sieges are still absolutely broken. 50% of the archers don't ever fire a single shot. Men can't use siege weapons properly. Men won't break down gates and won't position themselves correctly even after managing to get on the walls by God's grace and some luck.
Sieges can do some work, but in their current state I still like them. They provide an enjoyable experience, especially over warband's sieges.
-The UI is an absolute disaster, a compilation of dated design and memory leaks.
The UI is the best in the series.
-Battles are underwhelming: lack of control, lack of diversity, lack of immersion, lack of realism, lack of interesting maps. And again, they last 5 minutes.
I love the battles. Can they be improved? Yes. WIll they be? Probably. Also lack of realism isn't always a bad thing.

I don´t argue with trolls. I´m a troll myself. I can play "the game" dude.

You said you´re only interested in battles and that you don´t care about diplomancy, as one example. That was a good troll post and it worked.

You´re also not the first one that said something like "x,xx€ per hour playtime" so it´s the best game ever. TW just delayed their EA release, removed features that they announced and so on. It´s ok if you love the game. It´s ok that you think that everyone needs to love the game. But for me, you are just a troll (and it´s ok if you think the same about me). Or just interested in open field battles, because they´re "good" compared to all of the other stuff that some player expected from Bannerlord.

I can´t even play open field battles without the realistic battle mod (at least the devs are now talking to those modders).
I can never get that mod to work without crashes :sad:

That doesn't mean one handed weapons are useless. It just means that glaives are better, when on horseback. One handed weapons make more sense on foot, because then you really need a shield since you can't speed-tank arrows.
Yes, that was mostly out of frustration. They're not useless since they do some damage, but they are absurdly overshadowed by glaives. There's no reason (if you go for effectiveness, if you're roleplaying then you probably won't care much and just use what you enjoy using) for you to be using anything but glaives. It's another thing entirely when you're on foot as you pointed out. Still, you can hardly kill a couple hundreds enemies in a defensive siege with a sword and board without spamming bombs, but you totally can with a glaive and it's not even that hard. Again, I think it's mostly an issue of balance and armor values against certain kind of damage, slashing/blunt/piercing. As for multiplayer, very good players can do great with a sword - yet 95% of people will just be running around with glaives and two handers anyway. But I know relatively little about multiplayer, so that might just be what I happened to see and experience.

At least there is a perk system.
Well yes, there is a perk system. I do like the core idea but at this rate it might be fully balanced and functional in 2031.
Sure, but as far as I have heard the developers are talking with a mod team from a mod where battles are a bit longer. Perhaps it will change? Also, at least we can have large battles and be a soldier among them.
That is very good to know, if they actually go through with it.
I disagree, this is more of a subjective opinion kind of thing.
Well, there are some battle-breaking bugs regarding the AI that are objectively there. The dreaded circle formation which follows certain calculations about relative army strength is a guaranteed loss for the defender. There's always at least one major issue with AI during sieges, and positioning of archers and wall defenders is very often absurd. Attacking siege AI will let you kill them all with a two hander if you stay still in the right spot and just swing away. Killed 210 this way and won a siege in a way so silly that it made me feel awkward. And the cavalry, even when micro'ed, will still be ineffective and run into infantry formations... being slaughtered in ten seconds.
Sieges can do some work, but in their current state I still like them. They provide an enjoyable experience, especially over warband's sieges.
Warband's sieges were extremely... well, experimental, embryonal even. They bypassed the lack of a good AI by giving few entry points. It mostly worked in the end, made them repetitive though. But they all worked in practice, I don't remember ever getting stuck in a siege or seeing something stupid going on... in Bannerlord I've had to reload dozen of sieges because the AI decided they should just leave the battering ram in place and go up and down one of 4 ladders for no apparent reason. I never found them enjoyable, but that is subjective.
The UI is the best in the series.
The core idea probably is. More accessible, fancier... a little vintage, but I have no issue with that personally. The fact is, it suffers from constant memory leaks and it forces the game to load 3D models for every stupid little thing. I'd rather have a 2D portrait-based system instead of having to see the same, identical 3D bearded face every time I look at the unit roster, with 2 seconds loading time when I'm lucky.

As for the battles, they can occasionally be entertaining for a few minutes. Just like Fallout Shelter, I suppose. But after playing almost identical battles for a hundred times, I just can't enjoy doing the same things in the same order more and more. Diversity is the key. Of tactics, of rosters, of terrain, of events (example, an arrogant enemy general might charge on his own or with a few mounted bodyguards, leading to his death which will demoralize the enemy army, stuff like that.) If the game focuses on battles, it should give more, far more. I would settle for the promised RTS-like deployment mechanic, coupled with the new terrains and much longer engagements based on morale and reinforcements.

I like how all of the people saying this is a terrible troll still couldn't resist the supposed "bait".

I don't think it's a troll though. Game is not perfect but it's definitely not a grift. Many of the people complaining are complaining because the game is good but has potential to be better, otherwise they wouldn't care and would move along to something else.

It's the potential that drives people slightly bonkers, 'cause clearly Bannerlord has a great overall game structure so people imagine all the ways it could be fleshed out more and get carried away with high expectations.

I agree with OP.

I like how all of the people saying this is a terrible troll still couldn't resist the supposed "bait".

I don't think it's a troll though. Game is not perfect but it's definitely not a grift. Many of the people complaining are complaining because the game is good but has potential to be better, otherwise they wouldn't care and would move along to something else.

It's the potential that drives people slightly bonkers, 'cause clearly Bannerlord has a great overall game structure so people imagine all the ways it could be fleshed out more and get carried away with high expectations.

I agree with OP.
...and I agree with you. Very sensibly put.

It most certainly is a troll post, you have just fallen for it by believing it, but that doesn't mean it isn't. If it wasn't a troll, it wouldn't be named after another thread and wouldn't have been his fifth troll post trying to incite argument between both sides. ?‍♂️

Its honestly a pretty good argument. No matter how much we complain, I doubt, that anyone here has less than 300 hours in Bannerlord and it certainly did pay off. However, that doesent mean we dont have to improve it and not fill all its potential.
It's a pro-argument for sure, but hours played isn't equal to hours you've had fun, and before someone says why play a game which isn't always fun: the rewards or success after a heavy grind in a MMO, RPG or RTS is what makes a game fun and addictive. What I discovered after playing the campaign as the patches rolled out throughout the months was that it was not rewarding enough, therefore I'd rather look at those hours as wasted and ultimately made the game even more expensive. Most of my hours are currently from the multiplayer or thr Bannerlord Online mod.

Well, you carefully picked that single argument out of all that I wrote previously and decided it was the only argument.

Multiplayer is objectively a dead wreck, of course. As for single player being very good, want arguments against that? Here's arguments.

-Economy is absurd. See the starving cities exporting food. And lords asking for 500k to join you when they're broken and have no fiefs.
-Caravans and Workshops make 1/50 of the money you could make by simply rummaging through dead soldiers.
-Profits from trade are ridiculously low.
-Troops are unbalanced, with some being borderline overpowered while others are a net loss with how useless they are.
-The sandbox experience offers the same loop and nothing more: hunt bandits and enemy parties before you get broke. Capture castles and cities. Spend all your time hunting bandits and enemy parties since you now have an even higher maintenance cost. Or abuse smithing and be a millionaire who has no reason to do anything since he can buy a kingdom. Literally, I made something like 4 swords and bought three cities and seven castles with the money I made.
-There's nothing to do aside from repeating the same battles against the same lords and raising more men to go on with the loop forever.
-There's been little progress regarding critical issues since day one.
-Taleworlds has given us little in the way of promised features, and those given before beta release were never followed through. Track record is a thing.
This thread is mostly junk arguing but this post is gold! ?
I love to see so many problems laid out so plainly by someone else! When I complain and dig into it I always feel like a pimp that smacks the hooker around and then makes up with sweet talk so they don't run away. Hey TW here's all the things that make me mad in the game, okay now when is the next update because I want play! OMG look at all these bugs and new broken features in this update? How could you do this? Who though this was okay? Now how about that next update, this week or next? I want to plan when I start a new playthrough!

Back
Top Bottom