How many battles do you lose?

In your typical playthrough, how often do you lose major battles?

• 0% of the time. (Never)

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • 1-3%

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • 4-10%

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • 11-15%

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • 16-25%

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • 26-33%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 34-50%

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 51% or higher.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
For clarity, I'm not referring to looter farming, bandit sweeps, caravan attacks, village raids or sieges. I mean major field battles: your party or army against another force potentially strong enough to defeat you.

My savefile will show that I have never lost a battle.
200.gif

I try to avoid major battles for the risks involved in them, but sometimes they inevitable, I underestimate their forces or I get to cocky on the actual battle and die. But for the most part I try to be very careful, and loses do not come often. Oh and save scamming to the minimum, usually only to test and compare autocalc to my results.

When I first started the game, I died quite a lot. It was really unresponsive then though, so I mostly blame it on that. The last time I really played it though, I died very rarely. The battles actually aren't all that tough, not with the AI the way that it is. In the rare situations in which defeat is imminent, I'd rather lose some men fleeing.

From 33% to 50%.
I only play as a merc with an army of bandits troops for the moment so battles results tend to vary quite a lot.
And I never save scum.

4-10% but it depends a lot on my playstyle. In my current playthrough it is closer to 0% because I am in the late game and have amassed a permanent great army. Even if I lose, I tend to have horses, soldiers, and food in one of my fiefs ready to go.

If I play on my bandit playthrough my loss percentage goes up significantly.

Never ever. I think only people role playing or using self imposed restriction get defeated. Sure I guess if you've never played before you might, but once you know what troops to make and how to use them, there's no reason to ever lose.

Now, I will fight battles I don't think I can win just to see if I can and then re-load the game. This isn't the same as being defeated though as i wouldn't try to do it without the intention or re-loading the game. However, doing this makes you become massively better at playing the game and really see how far you push it. I implore anyone starting out, save you game, and try hard looking fights you shouldn't take, over and over if you like and figure how you can hustle out a win!

I don't feel bad about savescumming in Bannerlord, as compared to say, Football Manager, that game I don't savescum for a reason, while Bannerlord is just...I don't know, I don't feel less of a person for savescumming it, I guess?
It just doesn't feel good to become imprisoned, and rebuild your army again, nor does it offer any narrative value. In total war games, there's more of a cause to losing battles in strategic locations, but here, none.

I don't feel bad about savescumming in Bannerlord, as compared to say, Football Manager, that game I don't savescum for a reason, while Bannerlord is just...I don't know, I don't feel less of a person for savescumming it, I guess?
It just doesn't feel good to become imprisoned, and rebuild your army again, nor does it offer any narrative value. In total war games, there's more of a cause to losing battles in strategic locations, but here, none.

Same. I cant recall having save scummed in Warband as much as I have in Bannerlord, though. But that is probably because everything in Bannerlord has those percentage checks. Yes, I will save scum after losing a 90% perusuasion check.

But no, it’s not just that it doesn’t feel good, it feels like a waste of time and energy. It isn’t fun or rewarding or entertaining. Combined with the bandit troops that scale with player level its outright annoying to navigate 40+ bandit parties with your 10 recruits.

I like the game, more then I did Warband, but I do not want to continually be confronted with its many faults. I will save scum if I lose because I chase an army, backed up by my own army and then my army yeets itself into the opposite direction and I get shafted by the enemy army. As will I save scum when I lose a damn persuasion check. Not a fan of that system.

I don't feel bad about savescumming in Bannerlord
I don't either because IMO this is just part of the CRPG gameplay. I don't view M&B as any kind of actual battle simulator or conventional RTS where "oh lost advantage, better luck next time". I don't get a fresh start in a new match and I can't just spend gold to replace lost troops. I have to find and level them up like a CRPG. Plus there shouldn't be any % about how troops perform in combat or how your positioning works out, it should be consistent. The fact that it isn't is a weakness of the programing. If I can re-load the battle and win with zero losses using the same troops against the same enemies using the same tactics, where before chunk of guys got lost, that's a **** up in the performance of the troops AI or other related systems. So IMO this kind or re-load shouldn't even be viable because your troops should be doing the same stuff you tell them to 100% of the time, not "sometimes".

On the other hand I resent intentional % stuff in the game like dialogue games. This of course the player will re-load to pass because it's pure **** and adds nothing to the game. It would be better if at least their was also and transparent and proactive way to solve it like "if you gain X relation and X faction power, and posses X gold, this clan WILL 100% want to join you in this situation for X gold barring addition changes to the situation" or "DO this quest line and this lord WILL want to marry you!"

Depends on the troops I have and my mood, but generally I control the outcome of every battle through cheats and save-scumming. I try not to, as it's not really fun, but then again it's also not fun to gather and level an army of troops only to lose them due to a mistake with the game or even user error - no exception I don't like it. RTS Camera helps in this regard, I can just control another troop if I get knocked out.

The XCOM level rng on the dialogue is the worst, though. Small guild doing it for the campaign, but for this, nada. I save-scummed the hell out of XCOM 2 unironically too.

Being faster than most other parties that are equal to or stronger than you definitely cuts down on how often you lose. I don't actually mind losing all that much, but it's fairly rare that the game puts you in a situation where you're at a disadvantage and at risk of losing. The inventory wipe is definitely the worst part of losing, but it's still tolerable. Quality troops are not hard to come by past the early game, so losing your party isn't even all that painful IMO.

I haven't really kept track of my losses, but I'd say it's easily <10%. I usually play ironman now, so I don't savescum my losses either, FWIW.

with the RTS camera mod , never , i just don't join allied battle , since the AI is really terrible , specially in attacking,, they just go to suicide and retreat every 30 seconds , even if they are "winning" so , I juts joining when the majority of the forces are directly under my command.

wich is bit sad, cause I would like to role play as captain etc , but is soooo frustrating, that ai lord make 0 logical decisions. i would be happy to lost, but no when is nonsense artificial situation.

From 33% to 50%.
I only play as a merc with an army of bandits troops for the moment so battles results tend to vary quite a lot.
And I never save scum.
Same here! Lost many battles but eventually came to the point when it wasn't happening at all. Meaningless end game...

I lose plenty early game. Late game not at all, only fighting battles I know I can win, cos you know, why wouldn't you. Also big army battles are too easy to ever lose. Bait their cav flanks into charging at you, mow them down with MG42 archer fire. Bait out their inf, set up archer on left flank to hit inf on unshielded right side. When enemy inf are close enough, combo charge with own inf and cav on flanks. With perfect timing it's an absolute slaughter. Rise repeat. Every battle same tactic. Stupid amounts of $$$ and influence, endless reinforcements. It's a snooze fest out here.

Back
Top Bottom