Being forced to bring clan members in Keep fight is not nice I would like to choose who goes in like a hideout.

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know how TW could not know that NOT having a screen like for a hideout raid where you can choose who you bring would be a issue.
Why didn't you know that? Remember how everyone complained and complained about the hideouts?
And this is just a little junk fight anyways, it adds absolutely nothing at all, BUT if one of your clan members manages to get killed in the 2 second fight
RE-LOAD, that's how we excuse every poorly made mechanic in the game, just re-load until it doesn't happen.

I just want it on the record, this is not a feature IMO, it adds nothing but a minor annoyance. You spawn in a room and some guys die, oh wow.

Last edited:
Meh. I have a problem with the hideout screen too. I have an army of 1000. But yet I can't bring them with me when I attack a base with 20 bandits?

What? does the base have some sort of miraculous anti-army forcefield?

People wanted this feature, so did I. It's a cool mini-game at the end of a siege. But yeah sure, do it like with hideouts, where you can select who follows you into the keep battle.

I think sometimes Taleworlds just puts in "features" to add a check mark to some internal list, without ever really caring how fun or immersive the features is.
People asked for Warband's keep battles.
We all got Warband's keep battles.

At least you can clap the autoresolve and win rather than wasting your time.

People asked for Warband's keep battles.
We all got Warband's keep battles.
But it's not warband keep battles and also warband keep battles (and street battles) required certain amount of garrison to even happen. In bannerlord it seems like it "sets aside" some units to have a keep battle regardless of the mount of defenders and it was not even clear to me in the TAB screen if any actually got to rout from the normal battle. In warband you can end the siege at the walls if you use good tactics (not the skill tactics...).

At least you can clap the autoresolve and win rather than wasting your time.
Although I admit, in my typical post siege, I can autoresolve and not lose a KG, this is a YMMV thing and many players may still face wasting troops to the horrible, unwanted, ill received, autoresolve. Autoresolve is bad so any work around that uses autoresolve is bad too.

But it's not warband keep battles and also warband keep battles (and street battles) required certain amount of garrison to even happen. In bannerlord it seems like it "sets aside" some units to have a keep battle regardless of the mount of defenders and it was not even clear to me in the TAB screen if any actually got to rout from the normal battle. In warband you can end the siege at the walls if you use good tactics (not the skill tactics...).
I don't remember Warband having street battles. I do remember Warband's keep battles being literally nothing but fighting a small number of dudes in the hall and that was it. There wasn't anything more to it. But you could (easily) lose the battle and have to restart the siege because of it.

Which was extra annoying for tower sieges that took like 36 hours to build.
Although I admit, in my typical post siege, I can autoresolve and not lose a KG, this is a YMMV thing and many players may still face wasting troops to the horrible, unwanted, ill received, autoresolve. Autoresolve is bad so any work around that uses autoresolve is bad too.
Oh no, losing troops!
oh-dear-how-sad.gif

I don't know how TW could not know that NOT having a screen like for a hideout raid where you can choose who you bring would be a issue.
Why didn't you know that? Remember how everyone complained and complained about the hideouts?
And this is just a little junk fight anyways, it adds absolutely nothing at all, BUT if one of your clan members manages to get killed in the 2 second fight
RE-LOAD, that's how we excuse every poorly made mechanic in the game, just re-load until it doesn't happen.

I just want it on the record, this is not a feature IMO, it adds nothing but a minor annoyance. You spawn in a room and some guys die, oh wow.
I think that adds to immersion but I agree with you is that having a member killed on a such short fight is not fun.
Plus the place is so narrow/tight that personaly it was a pain, I just followed the others...
It has to happen in a big room for example (where you can move, see, etc). Just exactly like maps with forests are completely irrelevant with cavalry !
See you :wink:

With sieges still not working properly, to prioritize a fight within a room, seems strange. I've noticed in some cities there are a steep staircase to the keep door .. THAT would be a great place to make a last stand. Melee troops halfway down ,in locked-shield formation with archers behind.

As to the problem with sieges, it SHOULD be a priority for defenders to stop attackers gaining the walls, yet we still see Melee troops gathering around the gate opening while being shot to pieces by enemy archers on the walls ! What should happen is a moderate group of melee troops, in locked shields, blocks the open gate while the rest defend the walls ! If that doesn't work then survivors retreat to the staircase defense.

Idk my companions are decked out in the finest armor and most of the defenders are militia who ran away from main fight anyways. High tier troops usually fight and die in the main phase. It gives great pleasure storming the keep and beating them up with my buddies lol. The only problem I have now with sieges is catapults friendly firing my troops. Even ladders work perfectly, 50% of the time.

In bannerlord it seems like it "sets aside" some units to have a keep battle regardless of the mount of defenders and it was not even clear to me in the TAB screen if any actually got to rout from the normal battle. In warband you can end the siege at the walls if you use good tactics (not the skill tactics...).
So, I just went through five sieges and and three of them ended without a keep fight. I'm not sure why but I think if there aren't enough defenders who fled it won't happen.

So, I just went through five sieges and and three of them ended without a keep fight. I'm not sure why but I think if there aren't enough defenders who fled it won't happen.
I think it happens if troops manage to run away and "retreat to keep". You can see them go to the keep physically. I've had sieges without keep fights when there was only 30 dudes defending it and all died in main phase.

Back
Top Bottom