Do you want the option to fight caravan battles ?

Do you want the option to actually fight caravan battles ?

• Yes, the more fights I control, the better

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, Don't care really.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Caravan battles in early game are fairly simple affairs BUT in late game when bandit bands can become large armies, caravans can easily be destroyed.

Do you want the ability to actually fight caravan battles yourself ? This should be easy to code, it's just a matter of changing the battle commander from your main character to the caravan leader..

Last edited:
I think that the choice to do so is always good.

So long as it doesn't become obligatory, I think it will be a good addition.

I don't care.

I'd rather have the ability to strengthen caravans so they can look after themselves.

If I have millions in the bank, I should be able to make stronger caravans.

Sure let me pilot one of the HA veteran guards with the bow/arrow and it will never be defeated by any bandit, lords or even armies. No AI will ever stop my aserai or khuzait started caravan if I can jump in and rambo everything into oblivion and that probably why this and other control sliding stuff won't go be added.

Sure let me pilot one of the HA veteran guards with the bow/arrow and it will never be defeated by any bandit, lords or even armies. No AI will ever stop my aserai or khuzait started caravan if I can jump in and rambo everything into oblivion and that probably why this and other control sliding stuff won't go be added.

If you want to put all your elite troops in your caravans, that's your choice - 8 caravans x 10 elites = 80 elite troops out of your army, just to woop-azz bandits .... your choice.

Yes, This sounds like the simplest answer.

The mod proves that the mechanics are there to implement it. I liked it, but there where some problems with automatically failing quest when you switched character and in a defensive siege your governor spawned as a single unit outside the city. But I think implementing this and make ik optional is the way to go. I personally would really like it. It gives you the change to become more attached to your clanmembers.

Not really. I feel like this would become a chore. I like the idea of controlling your character solely
Sounds like it'd be more suited for some kind of sandbox mod which allows you to control pretty much anyone anywhere within your faction.

Not really. I feel like this would become a chore. I like the idea of controlling your character solely
Sounds like it'd be more suited for some kind of sandbox mod which allows you to control pretty much anyone anywhere within your faction.
Optional would be best, with a selection between: all clanmembers, party leaders, governors, caravan leaders and receiving a notification if a party within your selection is engaged. Even then you can choose not to switch for the duration of the battle.

I don't really care but if they do give this as an option, they'll probably rebalance caravan's profit to fit the risk/reward ratio they want.

Caravan battles in early game are fairly simple affairs BUT in late game when bandit bands can become large armies, caravans can easily be destroyed.

Do you want the ability to actually fight caravan battles yourself ? This should be easy to code, it's just a matter of changing the battle commander from your main character to the caravan leader..

Hello.
That could be fun to play our hero which is the caravan master to do this.

The game could just ask us if we want to do it ourselves or let it resolve the fights.

Because it seems the game thinks 60 looters are stronger than a 30 member caravan.
It is when the game resolves it.

I don't kill looters anylonger cause when I, the player do it in real time, after having taken like 5% losses, looters start to flee, and it is a f*** PAIN to kill them all. And using the send troops causes looters to be able to kill tier 4+ units (only, it would seem) even when you have 200 and they have 20, above I resolve myself, games does anything resolving alone.

So I think that a caravan led by a hero, with usually no infantry and half cavalry/half ranged can make it against a finite superior number of ennemies.

We agree that Sea Raiders are much more stronger and dangerous than looters, or steppe bandits.

I would also have the chance to kill myself (with the hero leading the caravan) those minor clans lord whose main occupation seems to be :
- raiding villages
- attacking caravans
- attacking heavily weakened armies
- occasionaly, when participating in a true battle, charging like idiots and getting killed for good, but for nothing lol - which is not so bad provided all the s*** they seem to be limited to be able to perform lol

ATM, I still can't bear this and abuse of CTRL + CLick* to try to kill them when they attack my caravans lol
I know I must progress in my head lol so as not to cheat with this lol, and try to go normaly to help the caravan (often too late or too far).

*Using the console mainly to fix some issues (for example when you send troops, 200 vs 9 looters, and they manage to kill a Banner Knight, I replace it with the console, cause there were also 50 or so Xbowmen, so the 9 looters can NOT make it at all :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom