Sharpshooter

Users who are viewing this thread

Can someone explain to me as to how this is perfectly fair and balanced? Or is this the part where I just nod my head and say "Yep. this is perfectly Fair and Balanced™" because modern military shooter with a medieval coat of paint
loNdvrX.png

Can someone explain to me as to how this is perfectly fair and balanced? Or is this the part where I just nod my head and say "Yep. this is perfectly Fair and Balanced™" because modern military shooter with a medieval coat of paint
loNdvrX.png
Because for some reason archers are anti-cavalry (as well as anti-everything) instead of the other way around, lol.

The pavise drop is hard to ignore tho. Also, ideally you just aim for the rider regardless.

Requires more testing for me. It is a shame we dont have good dmg report tools. I would be very interested into stats for seeing how big of a boost this really is.

loNdvrX.png
I don't see any issue with this. Any mistake cav makes should be punishable by any class as cav dps is higher than that of any other class if played decently. It's not as if it's a one shot with the xbow anyway.

I don't see any issue with this. Any mistake cav makes should be punishable by any class as cav dps is higher than that of any other class if played decently. It's not as if it's a one shot with the xbow anyway.
I think i've mentioned how untouchable the Sharpshooter is, having the best ranged damage in the game and even without Improved Armor or Pavise Shield, he has enough armor to forgive a fair chunk of mistakes in melee that he can still kill the few medium infantry units in the game.

And now he can yeet cavalry units from the game with much greater efficiency, too. I think the buffs to Sharpshooter is to ensure that Vlandia are still the top dogs in Bannerlord while also trying to have the game continue to be a tactical shooter

I think i've mentioned how untouchable the Sharpshooter is, having the best ranged damage in the game and even without Improved Armor or Pavise Shield, he has enough armor to forgive a fair chunk of mistakes in melee that he can still kill the few medium infantry units in the game.

And now he can yeet cavalry units from the game with much greater efficiency, too. I think the buffs to Sharpshooter is to ensure that Vlandia are still the top dogs in Bannerlord while also trying to have the game continue to be a tactical shooter
If the xbow damage is truely such an issue (which I don't believe is the case any more so than for other bows), nerf bolt damage, not damage to cav. In melee fights, a sharpshooter should be easily killable.

If the xbow damage is truely such an issue (which I don't believe is the case any more so than for other bows), nerf bolt damage, not damage to cav. In melee fights, a sharpshooter should be easily killable.
Personally, I think that if TaleWorlds insists on having the Sharpshooter be as durable as he is, I think the best way to go around things would be to make the Long Bow his default weapon, with the medium crossbow being a perk item.

I will leave this here given that the original has already been devoured by the sands of time.

Here is a video test with a default native crossbow and another one provided with the UnloadWhenSheathed="true" flag.

I will leave this here given that the original has already been devoured by the sands of time.

Here is a video test with a default native crossbow and another one provided with the UnloadWhenSheathed="true" flag.

Problem with that idea is that it might encourage players to spawn as a Volgier or Peasant Levy. And we all know that we can't have that.

Problem with that idea is that it might encourage players to spawn as a Volgier or Peasant Levy. And we all know that we can't have that.
I must be thick this morning... I don't understand your point, what do you mean? :unsure: It is only shown here that after re-equipping, the bolt has to be re-primed and the crossbow reloaded.

I must be thick this morning... I don't understand your point, what do you mean? :unsure: It is only shown here that after re-equipping, the bolt has to be re-primed and the crossbow reloaded.
I'm saying that TaleWorlds won't ever implement that because they want archer spam to keep being the meta for multiplayer and apparently, for Vlandia to be the best at archer spamming.

I'm saying that TaleWorlds won't ever implement that because they want archer spam to keep being the meta for multiplayer and apparently, for Vlandia to be the best at archer spamming.
Mmmm better in my favour then :iamamoron: (y) .
The default bows when re-equipped require the arrow to be restrung. The same for crossbows, don't you think it's logical? ? :iamamoron:

I don't understand your crusade against archer when in my opinion they are fine regarding to balance. New perks are kinda lackluster and odd for them but it was somewhat expected.

Back in the day I would've encouraged this with open arms, when crossbows were cheesy as ****, but nowadays I'm not sure about it. Xbows are really vulnerable when they don't have xbow reloaded. Maybe if when you sheath your xbow and re-equip it, you only need to do the second part of the reload animation. That would be more reasonable imo.

I don't understand your crusade against archer when in my opinion they are fine regarding to balance. New perks are kinda lackluster and odd for them but it was somewhat expected.
From the games I've played, a team that has a disproportionate amount of archers can really make short work of a balanced team composition, effectively turning a medieval combat game into a modern military shooter with a medieval coat of paint.

From the games I've played, a team that has a disproportionate amount of archers can really make short work of a balanced team composition, effectively turning a medieval combat game into a modern military shooter with a medieval coat of paint.
Best way to counter archer:
Stop taking broken shock infs and take a bloody shield.
Imagine if archer were nerfed in the ground. That would make the game even worse ballerina show than now.

[...]

Back in the day I would've encouraged this with open arms, when crossbows were cheesy as ****, but nowadays I'm not sure about it. Xbows are really vulnerable when they don't have xbow reloaded. Maybe if when you sheath your xbow and re-equip it, you only need to do the second part of the reload animation. That would be more reasonable imo.
I buy that; a very reasonable solution ?(y)

Back
Top Bottom