Making a Melee Beast! (Reamald the Hound)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
This is my experience doing a 100% focus on a beast melee build with the goal of maximum hp and brutal strength. After playing mostly hybrid builds this one was a pleasant surprise as I thought I would have a hard time pressing the upper level limits, but in fact it was the opposite. Having 10 vigor and 10 Endurance you got 6 abilities you can level to 330 if you wanted too. These skills level pretty fast with 5 focus points in each of them as you use these skills continously.

I leveled smithing so that I could make custom weapons, but never sold anything I made as that is op and breaks the game, I did fill some crafting orders but stayed away from anything that paid over 5k as some of these jobs paid 150k +.

At level 28 my character had 166 hit points which made him a man and a half! I had the medicine perk with 30% health recovery if you go down plus the one that gives you 10 hp recovery. So if he went down in a battle he would come back with 60 hp for the next battle.

Here are some of Reamald the Hound’s custom weapons:

SaxlVo7.jpg

This weapon was great at leveling Two hand skill as you can cut down multiple enemies at once

oGzljyE.jpg

A one hander that does 90 damage! A little slow but fits the character and with one hand perks this legendary sword was sick mounted and on foot.

For the character I went with the max height and max muscle build, I also took every health perk I could get which I believe this build can get all of them as I use all melee weapon perk trees. I was dreading leveling the athletic skill, but I stumbled on an awesome way to level it pretty fast.

The gear you need is a lance and a horse, once troops start to break you ride infront of them dismount and thrust with a lance, I was getting an athletic skill boost for each kill all the way into the 150+ range! This is the best way to level athletics by far as it can be used against looters in the early game once they break.

As for support skills I went with show your scars from charm to get the 20% boost to renown, Famous Commander from the leadership tree for a further 50% boost to renown so with those 2 skills you get +70% renown after battles. I also went with paid in promise and giving hands, with being a smith I can craft up some gear for some easy troop xp and lastly Preventive Medicine, Walk It Off, and Doctors Oath from the Medicine skill tree. The great thing about maxing out the Smithing tree and Athletics tree is that you can get 4 attribute points! 2 Vigor and 2 Endurance, that is like 16 levels worth of attribute points!

Here are a few pics of this beast inspired by the Mountain from Game of Thrones, though I went with the Hound moniker as there was a hound banner option.

2RmMYND.jpg

2AA661K.jpg

Just wanted to share some thoughts and my experience with this build. I plan on doing another melee build, but this time focus on speed now that I know how to level athletics really fast!

Last edited:
...Widow's Wail...
...inspired by the Mountain from Game of Thrones, though I went with the Hound moniker as there was a hound banner option...

"Of course you named your sword."
"Lots of people name their swords."
"Lots of ****s."

Just wanted to share some thoughts and my experience with this build. I plan on doing another melee build, but this time focus on speed now that I know how to level athletics really fast!
Good showing.

This is my experience doing a 100% focus on a beast melee build with the goal of maximum hp and brutal strength. After playing mostly hybrid builds this one was a pleasant surprise as I thought I would have a hard time pressing the upper level limits, but in fact it was the opposite. Having 10 vigor and 10 Endurance you got 6 abilities you can level to 330 if you wanted too. These skills level pretty fast with 5 focus points in each of them as you use these skills continously.

I leveled smithing so that I could make custom weapons, but never sold anything I made as that is op and breaks the game, I did fill some crafting orders but stayed away from anything that paid over 5k as some of these jobs paid 150k +.

At level 28 my character had 166 hit points which made him a man and a half! I had the medicine perk with 30% health recovery if you go down plus the one that gives you 10 hp recovery. So if he went down in a battle he would come back with 60 hp for the next battle.

Here are some of Reamald the Hound’s custom weapons:

SaxlVo7.jpg

This weapon was great at leveling Two hand skill as you can cut down multiple enemies at once

oGzljyE.jpg

A one hander that does 90 damage! A little slow but fits the character and with one hand perks this legendary sword was sick mounted and on foot.

For the character I went with the max height and max muscle build, I also took every health perk I could get which I believe this build can get all of them as I use all melee weapon perk trees. I was dreading leveling the athletic skill, but I stumbled on an awesome way to level it pretty fast.

The gear you need is a lance and a horse, one troops start to break you ride infront of them dismount and thrust with a lance, I was getting an athletic skill boost for each kill all the way into the 150+ range! This is the best way to level athletics by far as it can be used against looters in the early game once they break.

As for support skills I went with scare face from charm to get the 20% boost to renown, Famous Commander from the leadership tree for a further 50% boost to renown so with those 2 skills you get +70% renown after battles. I also went with paid in promise and giving hands, with being a smith I can craft up some gear for some easy troop xp and lastly Preventive Medicine, Walk It Off, and Doctors Oath from the Medicine skill tree.

Here are a few pics of this beast inspired by the Mountain from Game of Thrones, though I went with the Hound moniker as there was a hound banner option.

2RmMYND.jpg

2AA661K.jpg

Really nice build and thx for sharing.
166hp... I will definitely try it in a few patches.
I have 2 footman type characters (2 handed axe & sword and board) and easily levelled up athletics to +-150 by just not using horses at all.
The only problem when you are a footman is when you are left alone against one or 2 horse archers...

dude that's totally epic. I run this mod that gives a type of troop from the madmen tree that eventually upgrades to have 350 in all skills. and another mod that allows troops to upgrade into companions with a boost in skills.
the final product. i have guys with 450 athletics boasting a whopping 250hp each. crazy tanks they can survive against 20 men

Added it to the op but forgot to mention maxing out the Smithing and Athletics tree you can get 4 attribute points! 2 Vigor and 2 Endurance. The crazy thing is it takes 16 levels to get 4 attribute points. I just got both to 8 then unlocked the other two from the skill tree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom