MP Noob's sorrow: Imposed graphic downgrade: separate settings/create presets

Users who are viewing this thread

Moth_Queen

Recruit
I met a friendly dude that taught me how to git gud at blocking.

Guess what.

Guess. What.

To block good, you need to turn the graphics down by a lot (there is a "pro" list of stuff to turn off) to match 144 fps (quite a number...) minimum, and the 144 Hz screen to match that fps. Because even with a top-notch graphic cards things like shadows ot ambient occlution may drop fps randomly.

Ok, I am... There it is, there is a special knowledge hidden from noobs. I am pretty sure this is but a tip of the iceberg. But even with that, I already started to consistently win duels and even read stupid broken accels of stupid broken turncap with relative ease.

Ok, now for suggestion. I am pretty sure washing down the picture to match a "comptetitive PC preformance" is there from early 2000 and it won't going anywhere.

But can we have a separate graphic option "save" for single palyer, or be given a possibilty to save presets? Because I am done with having to change them every damn time manually.

Thank you!

P.S. Any other hidden secrets there? Maybe I need a special mouse, a set of macros and some other hidden gimmicks to get more kills? I am having a mental breakdown here, I got twice as good in less than 10 minutes and the game is suddenly far less frustrating just because some performance "pro tips". I need more and I also wanted to say that this is effed up beyond imaginable.

Isn't that a common knowledge that fps>graphics? Why would you buy a 144Hz monitor (or higher), if you aren't going to utilize it?
Also higher fps doesn't suddenly make you good, but it definitely makes games more enjoyable when animations are so much smoother.
But I can't see anything wrong with implementing presets for graphics settings.

Good rule of thumb is to learn to block and avoid taking damage rather than dealing damage. That rule will already make you better than 50% of the playerbase.

Isn't that a common knowledge that fps>graphics? Why would you buy a 144Hz monitor (or higher), if you aren't going to utilize it?
Also higher fps doesn't suddenly make you good, but it definitely makes games more enjoyable when animations are so much smoother.
But I can't see anything wrong with implementing presets for graphics settings.

Good rule of thumb is to learn to block and avoid taking damage rather than dealing damage. That rule will already make you better than 50% of the playerbase.
I got FAR better. Let's say I can read reliably to what is happening and act accordingly and learn from every fight. It's something!

But I have kinda big bad PC, can I not need to turn down graphics so much? Eh... It's not like Bannerlord is a top-notch monumental next-gen in the term of graphics... I wanna see my ass kicked by veterans in Ultra HD 360fps with all them shadows and shiet.

If you have extra mouse buttons putting the zoom and "look around" on them is good.

play single player
Maybe later, when menus stop bugging like hell because I have an HDD instead of SSD, boo-hoo.

It is exactly that attidude wich brings down multiplayer numbers btw. Those 12K people are already mostly play solo... Just saying.

If you have a 20 or 30 series Nvidia cards try turning on the DLSS option, it works like a miracle for me, I can enjoy the 4k max settings with 80-100 fps. And it's not even the fastest setting of DLSS, with fastest it easily stays at 140+

I got FAR better. Let's say I can read reliably to what is happening and act accordingly and learn from every fight. It's something!
After getting a videocard I went from 15FPS CS:GO to 120FPS and got exponentially better. It was obvious that the smoother image effected my performance.

But I got curious on why my reaction time was -so heavily- influenced by FPS and found this Reddit Thread.
it's that it's not so much that the timings in gameplay terms are all still the same between 30fps vs 60fps or even 200fps (for example, a 500 millisecond attack is still 500 milliseconds according to the game no matter how many frames you have), but rather how quickly you as a person can identify that the attack is coming. To put it another way: A player who plays at 10fps (poor soul) is seeing a new image 10 times every second obviously. This player now has to block a 500ms attack, so only 5 frames of his 10 will show the incoming attack. Lets take a look at the 1 second of time in which that attack happened. Player sees a new image every 100ms. say the attack begins 210ms into that second. That means there will be a 90ms gap in which the player will have no idea the attack is incoming since he wont be seeing a new frame until 300ms. Now imagine the player is playing at 100fps. Hes seeing a new image every 10ms. The possible gap in which he might miss part of the incoming attack is much much shorter. THAT is the real advantage that higher fps will give you.

When I was younger I played CS and TFT, and UT before that. I may be older now but I can not complain once about my reaction time till this day. I am pretty damn fast and I always was.

However in Bannerlord it is not about reaction, it is about reading broken animation **** people come up with to disquise their attacks.

It is more about "move set" knowledge and ability to predict attacks by observing micro-adjustments of enemy player's models. There is where you need your fps. And not only fps, but corresponding monitor frequency too.

Back
Top Bottom