All kinds of problems with the main quest

Users who are viewing this thread

I am having all kinds of problems with the main quest. First off, it says that I have twenty days to disrupt the supply line. The quest fails in 5. That's barely enough time for me to even get to the general area, let alone do anything.

Then it tells me there's a base of operations near a castle. There is. no. base.

What the heck? Why are they making this so annoying? I see why no one likes the main quest.

I think the main quest ends when you rescue your brother. I think it would be fine for TW to delete everything after that, until they want to take a crack and more thoughtful, interesting and informative main quest that really leads the player to make a successful kingdom..... or not because M&B doesn't really need that! But having a BAD main quest that tell players "get 1 fief and 100 men and you can be a ruler.... tee hee hee" is just a troll!

Or not tell you that you can take 5 fiefs, and remain as an "acting" King and never have to deal with a stupid Senate ever.

The problem of the main quest is it's existence.
I get why they want to make an intro video, a quest and all that, but to me it doesn't work very well with a simulation in most cases.
To give an example, i've played a certain amount of hours of starbound long time ago, and every time it feels like something was getting in the way of the full potential.. then I saw some video-review where they said the major problem of starbound was the main quest... and I think they're right!
Then after that I've played Kenshi, and boom. No main quest, nothing. Just the world, you, and what you will do to survive..
Just like some game made by TW, that also hasn't a main quest and was lot of fun...
:iamamoron:

The problem of the main quest is it's existence.
I get why they want to make an intro video, a quest and all that, but to me it doesn't work very well with a simulation in most cases.
To give an example, i've played a certain amount of hours of starbound long time ago, and every time it feels like something was getting in the way of the full potential.. then I saw some video-review where they said the major problem of starbound was the main quest... and I think they're right!
Then after that I've played Kenshi, and boom. No main quest, nothing. Just the world, you, and what you will do to survive..
Just like some game made by TW, that also hasn't a main quest and was lot of fun...
:iamamoron:

That's how the Sandbox mode is for, generally.

Lore-wise the main quest is fine per se, I found a large amount of people who don't even know what " Banner " on Bannerlord means. Which is surprising for an hardcore fan audience.
If only the main quest was better in term of writings, and more captivating, especially on it's objectives, I wouldn't mind it. The problem is, heck, it is barely touched since the premise of the EA. ( the only voice acting you can find on that game is there by the way )

The main quest would have been nice if we could go from village to castle, then to town. Found a kingdom and play with diplomacy to survive. Roll on the quest for pretenders to the throne ^^ ... or even found an Order of warriors.

Yeah, i know.. don't get me wrong, I do respect people who like it and i get why they did it..
I just think it was better if the core of the simulation (more diplomacy, dialogues, player options yadda yadda yadda) was more refined to give space to even more organically-driven stories..
I don't know if the main quest is the reason for this issue though.. (i really hope it's not :???:)

I am having all kinds of problems with the main quest. First off, it says that I have twenty days to disrupt the supply line. The quest fails in 5. That's barely enough time for me to even get to the general area, let alone do anything.

Then it tells me there's a base of operations near a castle. There is. no. base.

What the heck? Why are they making this so annoying? I see why no one likes the main quest.
U supposed to FIND A BANDIT LAIR, Its already mark on map zzzz

I just wanna chime in and say I don't think TW has balanced or designed anything in the game for the sandbox mode. Having +3 clan members and + wives is a huge advantage, especially if you wanted to go to second gen or more. Not to mention the massive utility of just you oldest brother as a captain, governor and steward. Sandbox is just inferior and there's no compensation whatsoever. I think sandbox is just throwaway "okay we did it shut up" thing and I doubt they will improve it. It'd be cool if we could choose some family members in char creation in sandbox though!

Back
Top Bottom