What to do with high tier prisoners??

Users who are viewing this thread

so since you can never recruit the high tier prisoners troops, then what are we supposed to do with them??
sell them as slaves??

it's such a waste, I really want to recruit them to cover for my loss of troops during battle
oh well I guess we all just become slave traders ahhahahaha

There is a bug report for T5 and T6 troops here, made a few days back.
thanks, but I mean, even in early version, you still can't recruit high tier prisoners troops

so what do you do with them? I feel such a waste to sell them to slave traders for tiny money
a high tier troop worth so much and such long time to level up

so since you can never recruit the high tier prisoners troops, then what are we supposed to do with them??
sell them as slaves??

it's such a waste, I really want to recruit them to cover for my loss of troops during battle
You can recruit them. You need to keep as few stacks as possible around so as much Conformity is gained towards the high tier troops because they take a lot more than low-tier troops.

2 Things, 1 too many of the same troop at a certain tier seems to stop them form gaining conformity, to me it seems like at say 30 for t4+ troops, but it could be less for higher tier troops as I only notice this once in awhile, I don't really know other then after getting rid of some, after going below 25 they gained conformity like I would expect. I also don't know if this is a bog or part of the design. 2 for me, on 1.6.2 there seems to be a bug sometimes with certain troops just not gaining conformity, while others of the same tier did a short time later or before.

t's such a waste, I really want to recruit them to cover for my loss of troops during battle
Just sell them, keep a small stack of a good troops your want, say a t4 warhorse units (already has warhorse yay!) and only keep a few at a time so you're not slowed too much. They will turn at a good pace even with starting leadership, unless a bug, then oh well just sell them.

IF you have a fief, keep them in the dungeon and then do as Ananda says... travel with a few of each type you want. Top them up from your dungeon as needed..

IF you have a fief, keep them in the dungeon and then do as Ananda says... travel with a few of each type you want. Top them up from your dungeon as needed..
I think we should use the mod to increase the daily recruit prisoner number, 1 per day is too low
I want to build the top tier army

and fight enemy with 300 VS 1000 hahhahaha

The bug with top tier troops not gaining conformity is due to the game using the same code for adding conformity as they do for troop xp. Conformity and troop xp are literally the same property in the game code.
Problem is that the game clamps the gained xp based on the xp cost to upgrade the unit. Which for top tier troops is 0. Sensible for normal troops but not for prisoners.

The bug with top tier troops not gaining conformity is due to the game using the same code for adding conformity as they do for troop xp. Conformity and troop xp are literally the same property in the game code.
Problem is that the game clamps the gained xp based on the xp cost to upgrade the unit. Which for top tier troops is 0. Sensible for normal troops but not for prisoners.
I am 100% sure top tier troops gain Conformity. I've recruited Raiders*, Mameluke Heavy Cav, Heavy Horse Archers, Khan's Guards and Steppe Bandit Bosses ever since they added in the Conformity system and those are all top-tier units for their respective trees.

*Obviously Raiders have another level they can gain but you need a perk to unlock it, so I'm not sure how it counts.
edit:
xW7fk6h.png

Bandit troops have a upgrade target so they don't count.
Also i have just tested it and troops without a upgrade target don't gain any conformity, at least on beta 1.6.2.
Might be different on 1.6.1 but i'm not going to download a few gigs just to test that version.

Bandit troops have a upgrade target so they don't count.
Also i have just tested it and troops without a upgrade target don't gain any conformity, at least on beta 1.6.2.
Might be different on 1.6.1 but i'm not going to download a few gigs just to test that version.
I'm on 1.6.2.

edit: It is an old savegame though. I started playing it back a few months ago.

Last edited:
edit: It is an old savegame though. I started playing it back a few months ago.
Lol there you go. It probably build up xp/conformity from before the conformity system.
The current code does not allow for top tier troops to gain xp/conformity.
See for yourself:
Code:
    private void ClampXp(int index)
    {
      CharacterObject character = this.data[index].Character;
      if (!character.IsHero)
      {
        int num1 = 0;
        for (int index1 = 0; index1 < character.UpgradeTargets.Length; ++index1)
        {
          int upgradeXpCost = character.GetUpgradeXpCost(this.OwnerParty, index1);
          if (num1 < upgradeXpCost)
            num1 = upgradeXpCost;
        }
        int num2 = MBMath.ClampInt(this.data[index].Xp, 0, this.data[index].Number * num1);
        this.data[index].Xp = num2;
      }
      else
        this.data[index].Xp = Math.Max(this.data[index].Xp, 0);
    }

I found a mod that allow you to make recruit high tier troops
which skill do you have to unlock to recruit high tier troops??

why I didn't see it?? which version??

thank you for the info
There was no perk or anything. It was literally just waiting with prisoners and all of then would flip.

Dumping troops into dungeons resets their conformity o_O
I current versions it does, however it might be a bug as I know it didn't always do so. However I admit I didn't try to test if it carried over when re-loading or re-starting the game. In older versions you could absolutely dump em in and take back a few immediately and have the conformity or level up able still. As it is I think pressing the reset circle will save them if you accidently out the wrong ones in.

As it is I think pressing the reset circle will save them if you accidently out the wrong ones in.

Nothing is permanent until confirmed by the OK button, but I think Nogand is correct that once in, they lose conformity. But for me the difference in speed between 5 prisoners of the same type converting, and 30 not ever converting because the conformity is spread so thin, makes the loss worth it.

Although in practice, I rarely go back to collect my stashed prisoners, as I am always taking more and stashing more. I also stash looters for fulfilling quests.

Back
Top Bottom