Diplomacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Rafa911

Regular
Inheritance and marriage should be the basis for diplomacy in this game

Instead of a single dude in a clan owning everything when a clan leader dies its lands should be split bettwen sons, said sons get "claims" on brothers lands, if they greedy personality traits they should atack their brothers, the game should have wars inside clans (dude fighting dude), this type of war should be decided by 1 or 2 field battles the loser gets exiled or killed or to live in a monestary, or blinded etc etc (depending on victor personality traits). The game also should have wars between clans inside the same kingdom, Lord from house X marries widow from house Y, the lady from house Y is rulling until her son is 16, Lord from X tries to use the fact that he is now married from the temporary ruler of Y fief and tries to steal the fief for his house. etc. etc. etc....

NPC´s Lords who top holding is a village should own direct allegiance to "Castle Lord", "City Lord" or king
NPC´s Lords who top holding is a castle should own direct allegiance to a "City Lord" or King
NPC´s Lords who top holding is a City should own direct allegiance to the King
NPC´s should be able to own more than 1 fief obviously

The game would be 100% more fun and epic if claims/intrigue like CK3 was implemented
Make wars actually make sence. A casus belli system. For example Lord from Vlandia marries Lady from Battania without her father consent, if you inside battania you should get a warning saying: "your fellow lord X got disrepected from Y faction" Click Offer suport, Deny suport or disregard. After 1 week if the NPC´s who got "offended" decides if he got enought suport from fellow lords, if so he sends a message to all NPC´s (and you if you clicked yes) get at X location in 1 week time: "we gonna raid lord so and so land!" or "we gonna ambush him, i got spies placed revealing his location!" or "we gonna kill one of his distant cousin or NPC from same clan who holds no land and lives at X frontier village" (night raids content oportunity idea right here), to show what happens who messes with us!!! And have minor wars between factions over "petty" issues like insults and so and so.

When a fellow Lord or a King is thinking about to press claims over certain issues you should be warned about it (and maybe use influence to actually influence the decision), wars should only get massive when a major rich lord or a king gets involved.

I personally thought the story mode should feature your brother turning on you, depending on what side you were on.
Viking conquest has something like that but it's with the companions you gathered during your travels in the mainquest, you reach a point where you have to support either the Saxons or Danes and on either choice some of the companions get pissed at you and leave your party cause they supported the other side, there is also a system where pissed companions will leave and form their on warband too.

And i fully agree with OP that internal conflicts would make the game 100000% more fun but unfortunately this ship has already sailed and sunk, TW won't even add requested simple features for going against their "vision™", i've lost all hope for anything more complex than a 5 year old could understand, our only hope are mods now (the diplomacy mod has a kickass civil war system already and they talked about maybe implementing some intrigues in the future)

Viking conquest has something like that but it's with the companions you gathered during your travels in the mainquest, you reach a point where you have to support either the Saxons or Danes and on either choice some of the companions get pissed at you and leave your party cause they supported the other side, there is also a system where pissed companions will leave and form their on warband too.

And i fully agree with OP that internal conflicts would make the game 100000% more fun but unfortunately this ship has already sailed and sunk, TW won't even add requested simple features for going against their "vision™", i've lost all hope for anything more complex than a 5 year old could understand, our only hope are mods now (the diplomacy mod has a kickass civil war system already and they talked about maybe implementing some intrigues in the future)
What's even dumber is that they pop up with a main quest, like disrupting supply lines. They say you have 19 days to complete it... you don't have 19 days. I failed the quest in 5 days. If you're going to give the player 19 days, the give them 19 days!

Back
Top Bottom