One-life mode

Users who are viewing this thread

@NIN3 @AVRC I am a bit concerned about the flag system. My main direction for MP is to build a clan scene similar to Warband but especially NW with organized battles and siege events.

I guess siege is ok as is, though I would prefer there to be fewer points and instead have them be staged to try to focus the fight in a particular area, such as a flag in the siege trenches, the next inside the outerwalls, then the courtyard, then inner walls and finally the keep. My problem with the current iteration is firstly how separated the fighting is between all the points, secondly all the back capping that occurs, and finally the lack of friendly fire though that is being worked on as I've been told a number of times.

However when it comes to battles among clans I don't know how I feel about having a flag system, especially with how it is implemented in skirmish which used to be my primary mode before it died, I have over 1000 wins in EA and about 300 in Beta so you know im not talking out of my ass about it. But my concern is that firstly the attention of the battle will be divided among multiple points, instead of having the large scale conflict and controlled chaos that is so enjoyable about these events. Also I would be furious if a battle ended in a loss to moral instead of a fight to the death.
Having the flags systems could work, if they'll make it work. Now imagine if there are say 3 - 2 flags that anyone can capture, but within each flag are some kind of fortifications, smaller barricades, old ruins etc. for the team that captured it, these can be useful when defending the flags, (almost siege like, but smaller). Another interesting thing could be, when flags are captured, there's a time limit, just like skirmish, so imagine last flag, everyone is trying to control it. What do you guys think?

Are you able to tell us if there will different maps for this mode or will it utilize the map pool from skirmish mode?
Also thanks for the info that you have already shared NIN3
I made 3 maps for the mode for now, it wont use skirmish maps I guess. The bigger ones were used (in an early unfished state) for the big Battlelike TDM events a while back.
So 2 Big maps (100+) and one smaller one (~20 players) to start with.

@NIN3 @AVRC I am a bit concerned about the flag system.

When it comes to battles among clans I don't know how I feel about having a flag system, especially with how it is implemented in skirmish which used to be my primary mode before it died, I have over 1000 wins in EA and about 300 in Beta so you know im not talking out of my ass about it. But my concern is that firstly the attention of the battle will be divided among multiple points, instead of having the large scale conflict and controlled chaos that is so enjoyable about these events. Also I would be furious if a battle ended in a loss to moral instead of a fight to the death.
While I totally get why people are upset with how skirmish works and the class system over the equipment system is used in Bannerlord. I strongly disagree with the flag mechanic being worse, for me that new mechanic is one of the improvements of Bannerlord over Warband. In Warbands battle there were also 3 flags really, as in 3 random flag locations and one would spawn.

The new system also has three flags, but allows you to decide where the last flag is gonna be, if you take map control or early fights. In warband it was basically wait around until the last flag came up, the small competitive tournaments showed that, but also bigger battle events like the calradic campaign and such.

The new system gives you opportunities to take map control and early fights seriously, but you can also sit back in warband like fashion and camp and then just go for the last flag.

I strongly disagree with the flag mechanic being worse, for me that new mechanic is one of the improvements of Bannerlord over Warband. In Warbands battle there were also 3 flags really, as in 3 random flag locations and one would spawn.
I get this, but at the same time, having the Skirmish flag system kind of moves the focus of the mode from fighting to map control. In Warband (especially in NW), Battle was about out-fighting your opponent, with the flag spawning as a measure in case the battles took too long. Perhaps they were played differently on a competitive level, but I think that's how the majority of people played in Battle. Having 3 flags from the beginning means the focus will be more on turtling on those flags, rather than having a field battle.

In the end, I'm curious to see what this will do for the mode, but I feel like this will mean that some flavours of interesting fights (for example when a handful of remaining players from one team have to fight 20+ from the other team) are impossible because their "morale" ran out because they weren't focused on flags.

The new system also has three flags, but allows you to decide where the last flag is gonna be, if you take map control or early fights. In warband it was basically wait around until the last flag came up, the small competitive tournaments showed that, but also bigger battle events like the calradic campaign and such.

The new system gives you opportunities to take map control and early fights seriously, but you can also sit back in warband like fashion and camp and then just go for the last flag.
People are still waiting for last flag in bannerlord. In Bannerlord it is basically wait around until the last flag came up for the last fight. Map control is same as bannerlord.In warband you eider spread out for holding 3. locations or 2 etc for your clan or you wait last flag near center of the map. You could say people are fighting for important flags or better positions in bannerlord. Thats also happens in warband.
allows you to decide where the last flag is gonna be
thats the only difference from the warband.
edit:
and i can say about skirmish that 6-8 people are okey for skirmish but having something like 14 vs 14 or more like we had in warband would be cluster**** in bannerlords skirmish mode. So both haves positives and negatives.

I get this, but at the same time, having the Skirmish flag system kind of moves the focus of the mode from fighting to map control. In Warband (especially in NW), Battle was about out-fighting your opponent, with the flag spawning as a measure in case the battles took too long. Perhaps they were played differently on a competitive level, but I think that's how the majority of people played in Battle. Having 3 flags from the beginning means the focus will be more on turtling on those flags, rather than having a field battle.

In the end, I'm curious to see what this will do for the mode, but I feel like this will mean that some flavours of interesting fights (for example when a handful of remaining players from one team have to fight 20+ from the other team) are impossible because their "morale" ran out because they weren't focused on flags.

Im no competitive player, but the only maps I remember not waiting for the flag to appear were those so small that you spawned real close (like arena). And Calradic Campaign battles (100vs100 open field) were played mainly by casuals and everyone waited for the banner to appear. Banners force movement as one team camping one leaves two free for the other, one which will be the one remaining; just skips the waiting game to the groupfight game.

I made 3 maps for the mode for now, it wont use skirmish maps I guess. The bigger ones were used (in an early unfished state) for the big Battlelike TDM events a while back.

While I totally get why people are upset with how skirmish works and the class system over the equipment system is used in Bannerlord. I strongly disagree with the flag mechanic being worse, for me that new mechanic is one of the improvements of Bannerlord over Warband. In Warbands battle there were also 3 flags really, as in 3 random flag locations and one would spawn.

I get what your saying, and I will reserve judgement until I am able to play it. My main concern is that it will basically become a conquest gamemode, however if myself and others truly dislike it in the end we could always mod a Battlemode in when such an option becomes available.

Is there gonna be a 6v6 single life mode for matchmaking? Or one life mode is reserved for bigger battles only?

Back
Top Bottom