Horse archers speed. What determines the speed of the group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
I usually play as a horse archer, one of my tactics is to order the other horse archers to follow me, and I circle around the enemy shooting arrows. All very basic. But I've noticed that, and not always having the fastest horse, I always gain a very large distance in relation to those who accompany me, the question is, when upgrading units using vulgar horses and using superior warhorses, does the group run at the speed of the slowest horse?

As far as I know yes, try putting one of your Sergeant ( Companion ) with a bad and slow horse leading your troops and see what happens.

I feel that these sort of effect should be documented properly on the Encyclopedia, like ... Yeah as always the god damn Encyclopedia.

As far as I know yes, try putting one of your Sergeant ( Companion ) with a bad and slow horse leading your troops and see what happens.

I feel that these sort of effect should be documented properly on the Encyclopedia, like ... Yeah as always the god damn Encyclopedia.
I actually use almost all my companions as horse archers, as I use the mode distinguish service, I usually promote Fian Champions, I give them good attributes as horse riders, but when I choose the horse I don't even notice their speed. At least I didn't give them a mule.?

For me it's my children as I have loads of them ( 8 ) but yeah keeping track of the horse you give to your troops should be imo more highlighted on the UI, these sort of things can be easily overlooked.

It seems to try to match the captain but I don't know for sure. Having them on similar horses as the troops seems to make them move smoother. It can be a good idea if you have a lot of aserai HA to put them in a separate group to take advantage of thier higher speed, I feel like putting a captain on a aserai horse or Nawasawi is possibly dangerous though. I guess I should try now that I have extra stuff though.

I agree it seems very easy to make a big gap between you and troops though and I think they seem a little slower when told to move to position then I would like.

I usually play as a horse archer, one of my tactics is to order the other horse archers to follow me, and I circle around the enemy shooting arrows. All very basic. But I've noticed that, and not always having the fastest horse, I always gain a very large distance in relation to those who accompany me, the question is, when upgrading units using vulgar horses and using superior warhorses, does the group run at the speed of the slowest horse?
No, the horse type is assigned with the rest of their equipment set. The speed they ride is mostly normal but the AI troops kinda rub against one another + bump into terrain and slow down because of it.

Also you probably have much higher Riding skill than your troops do.

For the sake of it, I had a short clip from the beginning of a battle I've recorded a while ago, look how they lag behind my Ferrari. That's why I tend to let them doing their things while I'm occupied to rearrange the troops.
Nothing fancy thought, I wasn't feeling to find a better clip, I tend not to record my battles I have to admit.

Back
Top Bottom