For those who still think, that the skins wouldn't be monetized

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys, guys... Listen...

Now, open google and type "Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)" and find out about progression of this awesome game. Here you also have been able to purchase everything linked with progression for a game currency. Skins, weapon modules, outfits etc. But it was the last CoD with no paid content besides DLCs.

Guess what happened next? Activision added microtransactions into their next game, so you can buy your beloved skin for $2,99. After that we had lootboxes and even more expensive things.

If you think, that Bannerlord skins are just "game progression and revival of the game", you are naive. They need to feel the ground, the fundament, if we let TW do it, we will have paid skins in a new M&B or even as "update" for Bannerlord

Last edited:
who cares at this point, no one is waiting for that, once custom server files are released they can do whatever they want, also mods can make those skins free LMAO

who cares at this point, no one is waiting for that, once custom server files are released they can do whatever they want, also mods can make those skins free LMAO
I agree with you, but who knows when that will be, they'll make a decent amount of money from selling skins in the meantime. If they were to do that, it would be pretty messed up and definitely create a mistrust between myself and their company, let alone the rest of the community. But, we will just have to wait and see.

in a new M&B
BcvvdSC.jpg

I agree with you, but who knows when that will be, they'll make a decent amount of money from selling skins in the meantime. If they were to do that, it would be pretty messed up and definitely create a mistrust between myself and their company, let alone the rest of the community. But, we will just have to wait and see.
I doubt they would make anything, theres so few players now, a couple of skins wont bring back the hundreds that left already and there's nothing really to wait for. Given how TW has handled multiplayer so far I doubt that coming battle mode will be worth a reinstall either. They've stated that Custom servers will come with the full release so that would pretty much make micro transactions obsolete. I reckon these skins are just a short term attempt at keeping the multiplayer base interested...

Although it is obvious they are gearing this game; multiplayer specifically towards the casual console crowd. They wont have to compete with mods there so paid skins could work out for them, and any successful mods from PC could also be sold as DLCs there too. That would explain a lot about TW's priorities

The addition of paid skins could somehow mean a specific limitation to modders and custom server hosters. If these are an ingame attraction why would TW let modders have more popular or crowded servers bypass that. I'm afraid this will result in a cut in the freedom for the server hosters, as they'll be competing with microtransactions. Unless TW themselves do what modders would do if custom servers were already out, people will play their mp model seldom and we all will go to the modded tweaked ones.
In other words: why would somebody pay to play with a skin on an official server with messy, unappealing and imbalanced mechanics if you can go to play on a custom server with a more preferable game balance based on experienced players feedback. I'm starting to think TW might want to cut that.

I really couldn't care less if TW monetized skins as long as they were just that, no boosts, stats etc with real money.

Monetization of skins is one the best ways to keep earning some money from the multiplayer community without making a game unfair in reality, i've never once in my life bought a skin and don't plan to do for any game but as long as they don't make it P2W i'm fine :razz:

I really couldn't care less if TW monetized skins as long as they were just that, no boosts, stats etc with real money.

Monetization of skins is one the best ways to keep earning some money from the multiplayer community without making a game unfair in reality, i've never once in my life bought a skin and don't plan to do for any game but as long as they don't make it P2W i'm fine :razz:
It is not a good thing, if a game is in EA with barely no improvements, moreover an indie one.

If they monetize the skins, it's your optional choice to pay for that. Your choice alone. You will have to accept that other people throw money at the devs for burning bastard swords, pink helmets or anime nekopara skins is beyond your control. I don't care at this point. It's the trend at the moment and the consumer's choice. If people have spare coin to throw, who are we to judge? Gambling is a very strong urge deeply rooted into the human being. As long as it is not modifying the combat by payable perks which grant you buffs...

You will have to accept that other people throw money at the devs for anime nekopara skins is beyond your control.
Yes. Also please 2b and Kaine from Nier, Misty from Pokemon and while we are at it basically all of fate. Thank you.
Also no need for cosmetic only. Let them implement behind a second more expensive super premium currency some skins with extra armour or and the flaming swords do extra dmg. That would be great. Pls implement.

If they monetize the skins, it's your optional choice to pay for that. Your choice alone. You will have to accept that other people throw money at the devs for burning bastard swords, pink helmets or anime nekopara skins is beyond your control. I don't care at this point. It's the trend at the moment and the consumer's choice. If people have spare coin to throw, who are we to judge? Gambling is a very strong urge deeply rooted into the human being. As long as it is not modifying the combat by payable perks which grant you buffs...
Artorias sword pls pls

an ideal option would be a skins system like in Mordhau, where you buy skins for in-game currency and this currency can only be earned by playing the game. Also, all skins are suitable for the setting. Even if TW gives the opportunity to buy this currency for real money, I don't see anything wrong with that. The main thing is that all the skins fit the setting, and there are no fiery swords and other crap.

1. TW introduce skin. It is paid by irl money
2. Modders make the same skin for Community Mod (tm)
3. ??
4. Fewer people in Matchmaking e-sports (tm)

1. TW introduce skin. It is paid by irl money
2. Modders make the same skin for Community Mod (tm)
3. ??
4. Fewer people in Matchmaking e-sports (tm)
or
Any assets created by Taleworlds are, of course, protected under copyright law and they cannot be released as part of mods unless prior permission is obtained.

3. Modder gets sued
4. The Servers who uses that mod gets blacklisted.

image.png

I reckon these skins are just a short term attempt at keeping the multiplayer base interested...
These skin plans have been part of TW's plans since the beginning. So, they are not a short term attempt to resolve anything. But that begs the question, why would they do that if they are released simultaneously with custom servers?

Skins are not OK. I liked that in warband every piece of gear had at least tiny bit different stats. Very immersive. So far in bannerlord this is still a thing so if they add skins on top of that it will be very confusing. Like is this a different spear or the same one but different skin. Another bad decision.

an ideal option would be a skins system like in Mordhau, where you buy skins for in-game currency and this currency can only be earned by playing the game. Also, all skins are suitable for the setting. Even if TW gives the opportunity to buy this currency for real money, I don't see anything wrong with that. The main thing is that all the skins fit the setting, and there are no fiery swords and other crap.
****ing DR2 troll cav, I swear. I'll pay 5 bucks for extra long spear which oneshots your horse just for you. :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom