Thanks for 500 hours... SO FAR (personal post, pls ignore)

Users who are viewing this thread

Devs have stated more than once there's nothing substantial that's going to be added besides what has been planned. This is a combat simulator with a few diplomatic and kingdom features and a sprinkling of rpg nothing more. The only thing that's going to bring any life to this game is mods and more specifically overhaul mods.
Warband was nothing more then a combat simulator with a sprinkling of diplomatic and kingdom features. if anything Bannerlord is more ambitious with features like the Dynasty system.

I guess it depends what you want from the title; but I've always seen this game as a modding platform. Ergo I don't need every nitty-gritty feature at launch; I'm more interested in the core experience.

However...I've certainly played much more Vanilla Bannerlord SP then I ever did Vanilla Warband.

No battle continuation after K.O. alone was enough to push me onto Warband mods.

Last edited:
Warband was nothing more then a combat simulator with a sprinkling of diplomatic and kingdom features. if anything Bannerlord is more ambitious with features like the Dynasty system.

I guess it depends what you want from the title; but I've always seen this game as a modding platform. Ergo I don't need every nitty-gritty feature at launch; I'm more interested in the core experience.

However...I've certainly played much more Vanilla Bannerlord SP then I ever did Vanilla Warband.

No battle continuation after K.O. alone was enough to push me onto Warband mods.
I never said anything about Warband. But since you brought it up shouldn't Bannerlord try be more than Warband? Yes I know there are more features but very very few things are fleshed out in this game and why it feels so shallow.

My point was that the poster was expecting lots of features to be added but TW won't and they've said as much. I seems you miss that.

I never said anything about Warband. But since you brought it up shouldn't Bannerlord try be more than Warband? Yes I know there are more features but very very few things are fleshed out in this game and why it feels so shallow.

My point was that the poster was expecting lots of features to be added but TW won't and they've said as much. I seems you miss that.
The reason I mention it is purely to bring up expectations. I do agree Bannerlord should aspire to be more - but I don't agree TW have said they won't. The future plans shown are already fairly impressive; and that's a non-exhaustive list for the release version. Games don't end at release anymore - and if they want to sell DLC they will be pushing updates for years.

They are trying to catch up with their stated plan and would not surprise you with new, exciting features, which you are expecting for some strange reason. You are obviously not following the development.
In the best case they would add new features after they finally release (sometime in 2022). They do seem to plan on adding significant content after the release, but given the pace of development, you may have to wait for a long time to see anything exciting from Taleworlds (the exciting stuff will be made by modders).

That's delusional, there's no other word for it.

Dont. Dont do this. Not here. Keep it in Bannerlord is a grift. If they enjoy it, let them be. This thread is not aimed at you nor attacks what you stand for.

Dont. Dont do this. Not here. Keep it in Bannerlord is a grift. If they enjoy it, let them be. This thread is not aimed at you nor attacks what you stand for.
He is not a child and what I said is realistic.
Obviously if you don't follow development and have no expectations, every patch will be a surprise gift, if you already love the game as it is.
But posting a gif that implies TW goes above and beyond its duties as some hardworking Santa is simply too much.
Btw, much of the grift thread is just as bad as this.

He is not a child and what I said is realistic.
Obviously if you don't follow development and have no expectations, every patch will be a surprise gift, if you already love the game as it is.
But posting a gif that implies TW goes above and beyond its duties as some hardworking Santa is simply too much.
Btw, much of the grift thread is just as bad as this.
This thread was ultimately positive until your cancerous attitude infected it. Just dont, he’s not a child but I think, neither are you. It was uninvited, unnecessary and unwanted. Out of 99 threads, let the 1 positive stay positive and not immediately turn it into a discussion. I’ll leave it at this.

This thread was ultimately positive until your cancerous attitude infected it. Just dont, he’s not a child but I think, neither are you. It was uninvited, unnecessary and unwanted. Out of 99 threads, let the 1 positive stay positive and not immediately turn it into a discussion. I’ll leave it at this.
You can't tell people what to do and where to go like you are a forum cop. Have your opinion and let others have theirs.

You can't tell people what to do and where to go like you are a forum cop. Have your opinion and let others have theirs.
Perhaps you should tell that to Roy....

I'm going to have to ask you not to post any further on this thread. I would like it to be seen by as many people as possible, be expanded on as much as possible, and commented by as many people as possible, no matter how smart or misguided their opinion is. However, everyone has their "line in the sand" and you are just not up to the task of commenting constructively on this thread. I bear you no ill will and I imagine you are probably pretty young and haven't really thought things through very much, and that's okay, I mean you no insult, but I would politely ask you not to post further here or I will have to request a moderator to sort out the issue, as I am well within my right as the original poster to request such.
Funny that you were in that thread as well but I didn't see you jump in then...

giphy.gif

They are trying to catch up with their stated plan and would not surprise you with new, exciting features, which you are expecting for some strange reason.
Oh yeah? What about Little sister's topless dance when her education choices proced? That was exciting and unexpected!

This is a real bug that was in game for over month and I added the censor

Or what about the garrison throwing out your troops and recruiting noob troops no matter what options you chose that went on for 2 months and had needed like 3 patches to work? That made me a LIVID player, and that counts as excited!

This... This is funny.

ruHZwNY.png
It's beautiful.

Oh yeah? What about Little sister's topless dance when her education choices proced? That was exciting and unexpected!

This is a real bug that was in game for over month and I added the censor

Or what about the garrison throwing out your troops and recruiting noob troops no matter what options you chose that went on for 2 months and had needed like 3 patches to work? That made me a LIVID player, and that counts as excited!

It's beautiful.

GifVideoGame.gif

Yes... he was calling out someone here for telling people where they can post. I was surprised he didn't call you out on the same.
Let's make a deal: I stop posting here and you stop posting there. If you can keep such a deal. :smile:
Noo!! Why limit yourself like this?

Vader telling people how to live in this forum? - The best thing ever! Sorry for the arselicking "V." but if you start making such promises there won't be a single place left for the proper "fandango" - in no time.

True... hahaha

I just hope they can do that before I get too old for video games, I'm 30 already, and sometimes not very keen to be playing.
You'll never be too old. I'm 46 and still play them on occasion, mostly weekends if I don't have other plans.

What I'm expecting out of this game is a robust modding community to fill in the blanks and offer real balance. I'm waiting on the Game Of Thrones mod and Dell'arte della guerra for the late middle ages (like Warband) and renaissance which I'm much more interested in than Bannerlord's time period.

I'm actually at a point in my life where I worry if I'll be alive long enough to see new games, new mods, new technologies etc. like true VR sword fighting :smile:

Back
Top Bottom