SP - Battles & Sieges Remove the ugly grass/sticks/stick bushes from snow maps

Users who are viewing this thread

unknown.png

Remove the ugly grass/sticks/stick bushes from snow maps as they look terrible, they stand out a lot, hard to distinguish troops especially at night from the stick bushes and also it would boost fps to remove all the stick bushes in snow maps. Also trees are fine, i just want the ugly stick bushes removed, they look terrible.

Yeah this can be annoying but remove it and you have an empty map. I can give some ideas to fix this:
  • Reduce the density of vegetation
  • Reduce the height of vegetation
  • Change the color of some vegetation / add new vegetation (dead grass) with a brown light color.
  • Change the color of some dead vegetation by adding snow or thin the vegetation thickness (should give the same effect because of there is no contrast)
1.jpg
5700631_8643bb56.jpg
Snowy-Bush_art.jpg
68897748-old-dead-tree-on-winter-meadow-in-forest.jpg

Yeah this can be annoying but remove it and you have an empty map. I can give some ideas to fix this:
  • Reduce the density of vegetation
  • Reduce the height of vegetation
  • Change the color of some vegetation / add new vegetation (dead grass) with a brown light color.
  • Change the color of some dead vegetation by adding snow or thin the vegetation thickness (should give the same effect because of there is no contrast)
1.jpg
5700631_8643bb56.jpg
Snowy-Bush_art.jpg
68897748-old-dead-tree-on-winter-meadow-in-forest.jpg
In my opinion an empty snow map would be perfect just like the sand maps! im pretty certain it would look awesome, maybe they could give the snow a better texture too or smth, but ye im pretty sure it would look great, improved visibility and fps gains as there would be less assets/flora in the map. Btw trees in snow maps can stay and any like rocks or big logs, its just the bushes/sticks that look terrible and out of place in snow maps, they just litterally stick out, its awful unrealistic looking.

Heres a pic of what i would like snow maps to look like: No stick bushes, no sticks, just trees, rocks, logs and trees! basically a sand map but with trees and snow instead of sand.
20200219_arjen_drost_77077.jpg

Last edited:
In my opinion an empty snow map would be perfect just like the sand maps
Yeah there could be some maps that are like dunes, but made of snow. I'm of the opinion that there should be some desert maps that are not as "empty", some deserts have a lot of vegetation.

Death_Valley%2C19820816%2CDesert%2Cincoming_near_Shoshones.jpg
norwegian-snow-desert-norway_l.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom