My opinions after 800 hours played on what should be added to the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Broxigar

Recruit
Hello to the team, I really enjoy the game and I noticed you made many improvements that I was thinking about.

Below is only concerning singlepayer

First:
I wish to play the singleplayer/sandbox mode with my friends on local server, like valheim. Just make it the same as singleplayer with only gamemaster pause to the time and that's it. With an option so that we can join or leave other player's clan.

Second:
- Smithing economy is still broken, what the point of workshop, caravan or any other revenue when you can change a 250 dinars dagger into a 40k javelin? Smithing brings 2 attributes point and the best weapons, that should be enough and it shouldn't be possible to sell crafted weapon at all (or make it an option like iron man mode).
- Getting all the smithing plans is way too long, especially for people like me who like to start again often, you should get the recipe when you climb the smithing skill 1-75 tier one 75-150 tier two etc. clicking thousands of time on one button to is not fun and it's enough to have to grind the skill to 300+
You can think a of complete revamp of smiting gameplay but it's not urgent.
Crafting armor would be nice too

You should be able to see heroes/companions attribute's points in the encyclopedia to make it easier to find those that will suit your game style. You should be able to choose the perks of all your clan members when they join your clan, same as your brother in the campaign. You should be able to choose a perk lower in the ladder if none suits you in the two you can choose from ( but not save perks to take 2 higher)

Villagers and caravans don't give you roguery points when you kill them after they refuse to comply to your demand which stop you from playing a Rogue in the beginning of the game. Leading bandits troops doesnt give you Roguery point either.

Give more attributs point to players, when you reach high level you have 20-25 points distributed above 2/10 and it stops you from exploring all the aspect of the game, one point every 2 level or put more attribute points in perks like in smithing and endurance

It's too long to wait for random pregnancy, make it very easy to have the first 3 children, easy for the first 5 and then harder.

When you fight defending a siege you shouldn't be allowed to retreat to fight again, to prevent killing hundreds of men by just retreating when they start climbing the walls.

Shieldwall is less effective against arrow than the loose formation

Ballista should up your crossbow skill, not your bow, catapults should up your engineering not throwing. you should be able to chose the range of your catapult.

Make an option to force troops into polearm when they have one so they can be useful against cavalry.

Thick brigandine vest is the best armor in the game if you take weight into account and the problem is that it's ugly and doesn't let you roleplay your faction. Every faction should have a light civilian outfit with similar stat and cool looking. I modified the game files to do so but would be better if implemented in game. Give us some cool civilian shoulder too.

That's all I can think of for now, thank you for reading to the end and let me all know what you think

wish to play the singleplayer/sandbox mode with my friends on local server
?And I'll take 1 flying electrical girlfriend please

Smithing brings 2 attributes point and the best weapons, that should be enough and it shouldn't be possible to sell crafted weapon at all
It's too long to wait for random pregnancy, make it very easy to have the first 3 children, easy for the first 5 and then harder.
Whoah whoah whoa brainstorm, TW I know how we can kill 2 birds with one stone! Add a npc to make custom weapons and armor and replace the smithing skill with the ****ing skill! Doesn't that make sense for endurance? Make weapon parts rewards and loot and let us level up ****ing instead to make children faster and better children!

Shieldwall is less effective against arrow than the loose formation
Shhhhhhh they're big boys let them figure out thier game, there's no rush. Jk, SW is a ****ing joke against the player's ranged. Even the best SW is thwarted by "put guys to one side so enemy turns that way" TW, maybe Throw in the towel and copy whatever you did in warband, at least high tier infantry had some defense against most ranged there.

You should be able to see heroes/companions attribute's points in the encyclopedia to make it easier to find those that will suit your game style. You should be able to choose the perks of all your clan members when they join your clan, same as your brother in the campaign.
Yes!

Give more attributs point to players, when you reach high level you have 20-25 points distributed above 2/10 and it stops you from exploring all the aspect of the game, one point every 2 level or put more attribute points in perks like in smithing and endurance
Yes! Or here me out (again), just forget about attributes and let FP govern the entire 333 skill range, so the player can really pick and choose what they want to max, just make it whatever speed/slow you think makes the game good and even add a max level if you really don't want the player to get too many skills, but the attribute system is just junk.

Villagers and caravans don't give you roguery points when you kill them after they refuse to comply to your demand which stop you from playing a Rogue in the beginning of the game. Leading bandits troops doesnt give you Roguery point either.
Hmmmm I think I checked in 1.6.2 and I did get roguery from smashing a caravan after they said no, but just a little. Could be wrong though. The leading bandits works but you need high moral and you get it in daily ticks similar to leadership. The problem of course is the low, petty amount of skill things give roguery

Thick brigandine vest is the best armor in the game if you take weight into account and the problem is that it's ugly
Hah hah! My clan is mostly wearing them, cheap and effective body armor! Some games I harvest husbands for good armor, this game I killed them all so everyone gets the ugly brown murder vest!
Lots of good feedback!

Smithing is all kinds of messed up. Way too easy to cheese for major profits, and if it didn't have major profits there would be little point to it. In most games with crafting it has to be the way to obtain endgame items or else it isn't worth the time and money invested. There's not often an in-between.

In classic Everquest gear from smithing is nowhere near as good as loot drops (a few very rare exceptions) and yet the smithing skill takes a lot of time and effort to train. It's not worth it. Compare that to Elder Scrolls Online where crafting is basically how you obtain the endgame set items, with a few loot drops thrown in for completion, and it's not as time consuming or expensive to train. It's totally worth it.

There's also no armor crafting, or tools or anything like that. How is there no armor crafting still?

The whole idea of randomly unlocking plans needs a revamp too. Maybe they can be special loot drops after combat or raiding a village or hideout, or by smelting a weapon with that plan you learn it (which means we need a way to examine weapons to see all their components).

The stamina system too is so damned annoying. What's the difference between waiting in a town or running around?

they do. Especially when suggestions are posted in the correct subforum called, you guessed it, "suggestions". :wink:
jokes on you, i tried it several times already and they did not even give a response

biden.gif

This is the most casual request for co-op ever.
First:
I wish to play the singleplayer/sandbox mode with my friends on local server, like valheim. Just make it the same as singleplayer with only gamemaster pause to the time and that's it. With an option so that we can join or leave other player's clan.
But, if you think about it and make it simple, like your buddies are just members of your party that can only fight in your battles while spectating everything else - it is simple. And arguably should be done in this simplest possible way. It is an action game that's basically a sequence of battles.

Just because they did not respond does not mean they haven't read it. What they do after reading it however is a whole different thing :grin:
To respond would be the least thing I would expect. Just something something like: "Thanks for your feedback". Would take them like 5 seconds after they´ve read something. So no reply = nobody reads it.

Just see how contructive threads get when Duh shares his thoughts when we talk here about whatever. And his replies are more worth than "Thanks for your feedback".

Also a good suggestions isn´t worth more if it´s posted in the "correct" forum. But chances are higher that they read the threads here.

Feedback from TW also would encourage players. At my work we value even the ****tiest feedback with something like "Thanks for sharing your opinion." because it doesn´t take much time at all but the employee will share his feedback also in the future, even if it´s bull****.

Last edited:
Just because they did not respond does not mean they haven't read it. What they do after reading it however is a whole different thing :grin:
In that case, lets say im just being realistic given how loyal developers are to the desires of community :d

- Smithing economy is still broken, what the point of workshop, caravan or any other revenue when you can change a 250 dinars dagger into a 40k javelin? Smithing brings 2 attributes point and the best weapons, that should be enough and it shouldn't be possible to sell crafted weapon at all (or make it an option like iron man mode).
One thing that could be done in Smithing is turn the creation of a weapon more challenging by, for example, add Tempering of the blade. A tough minigame that if the player would screw up it would immediately screw up the final product and reduce the market value of it. A really hard minigame that would be easier by progressing in perk level.

Honestly, I think the Smithing part of the game is either in a place TW doesn't know what to do with it or has some big up coming update coming to address it. As it stand, it doesn't feel right.

To respond would be the least thing I would expect. Just something something like: "Thanks for your feedback". Would take them like 5 seconds after they´ve read something. So no reply = nobody reads it.

Just see how contructive threads get when Duh shares his thoughts when we talk here about whatever. And his replies are more worth than "Thanks for your feedback".

Also a good suggestions isn´t worth more if it´s posted in the "correct" forum. But chances are higher that they read the threads here.

Feedback from TW also would encourage players. At my work we value even the ****tiest feedback with something like "Thanks for sharing your opinion." because it doesn´t take much time at all but the employee will share his feedback also in the future, even if it´s bull****.
+1

You dropped your crown, king

this.gif

This is the most casual request for co-op ever.

But, if you think about it and make it simple, like your buddies are just members of your party that can only fight in your battles while spectating everything else - it is simple. And arguably should be done in this simplest possible way. It is an action game that's basically a sequence of battles.
See, this is why we NEED console release, so we can just pass the controler back and forth.

You'd only get that, if they used a bot, which certainly wouldn't be a human response. How many posts can anyone read on this forum? TW have clearly been overwhelmed - why else are they only just responding to some April 2020 bug reports? For example https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/companions-still-getting-lost.416737/post-9738782

You'd only get that, if they used a bot, which certainly wouldn't be a human response. How many posts can anyone read on this forum?
With the current forum activity, reading all of them is an easy part time job and they have split duties between tech support, MP devs and CMs. So the good suggestions could be acknowledged if they were better at PR.
Obviously they have Steam forums, Reddit and Twitter replies to read too, but the good posts are probably here. (The ****est posts are definitely here too.)
TW have clearly been overwhelmed - why else are they only just responding to some April 2020 bug reports? For example https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/companions-still-getting-lost.416737/post-9738782
It's a case of better never than late. Someone at TW loves the process more than people.
All of them are actually Elon Musk quotes. :smile:

Obviously they have Steam forums, Reddit and Twitter replies to read too, but the good posts are probably here. (The ****est posts are definitely here too.)
I have never seen TW acknowledge a complaint or bug report on reddit, not that I blame them, it would just get downvoted for not being a recycled 1 liner or lie. Steam forum is too ****ing ugly to look at, it reminds me of craigslist or something. That's one thing I like is this forum looks good and functions as a forum. The AOE official forum looks like crap.

All of them are actually Elon Musk quotes. :smile:
If they're so super why don't they have any clothes to model?

Back
Top Bottom