Taleworlds. Please simulate death in battle for ALL factions. Not just the player faction + the faction the player is fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

eee

Recruit
Title. I've come back to this game after months away, I like the progression I'm seeing. One HUGE problem I experienced before is still here though. Heroes only die in battles that the player participates in. Meaning, if the player is a vassal of Vlandia and is constantly fighting in war with Battania, eventually there will be a lot of deaths from battle for Vlandia and Battania, and that's it. No deaths occur for any of the other factions. With enough time, this can and WILL leave the world with few Vlandian nobles, while everyone else has their normal amount of nobles. Eventually this makes the game impossible for Vlandia to win, due to having half of the clans and parties of the Aserai.

This can be fixed by adding the possibility of death in battle for every faction. If the Aserai and southern Empire are fighting a war, their nobles should possibly die in battle just like the player's Vlandian and enemy Battanian nobles. It keeps the factions on an even playing field during the whole campaign. As of right now, the player is extremely gimped. I know I can turn off death of clan members, but that doesn't solve the problem. My faction will lose heroes left and right while my clan and the rest of the world lives. I also know I can disable birth and death, but I still want to children and aging to be a thing. I shouldn't have to turn off aging and create a non-immersive environment of immortals because of this issue.

death in simulated battles is actually happening, but the chance is way lower than in battles you participate in. that being said you are totally right, its annoying to see, especially within keep fights and big, long going, fights. keep in mind that you can lower the death rate in the gameplay options if it seems to high for you.

dont be sad anyway, afaik the death rate is still in testing phase and will be balanced later on the road.

yup it's not implemented yet but it's coming, the devs said they'll implement death in ai x ai battles and lower the death chance from 10% (as it is now) to around 2%
That I've heard of, but the man said it as if the simulated death has been implemented already. That's what made me confused.

???

More than 650 hours in beta, not a single simulated death. Are we playing the same game, bruh?
650h are quite some rookie numbers, are you sure you enabled permadeath? :>

it just happened to me last week. encyclopedia said lord died in battle in which i wasnt in at all. 1300 hours playtime, mostly vanilla all settlements runs on highest difficulty highest death rate at least one time with each patch. could also be a bug or i dont know. when it was happening it felt strange to me aswell, as it is showing up very rarely. iam not used to that at all but that was leading to the assumption that death is somehow happening in simulations. if it's happening again i will try to proof, as it is hard to do that afterwards in order to trace it back. so believe it or not.

Last edited:
650h are quite some rookie numbers, are you sure you enabled permadeath? :>

it just happened to me last week. encyclopedia said lord died in battle in which i wasnt in at all. 1300 hours playtime, mostly vanilla all settlements runs on highest difficulty highest death rate at least one time with each patch. could also be a bug or i dont know. when it was happening it felt strange to me aswell, as it is showing up very rarely. iam not used to that at all but that was leading to the assumption that death is somehow happening in simulations. if it's happening again i will try to proof, as it is hard to do that afterwards in order to trace it back. so believe it or not.
That's pretty good for the current beta tbf
They can die of old age after age 48, but they don't die in simulation.
However I will say in my only game of 1.6.2 I've been executing everyone so it could be if they did patch it in without telling us I didn't have chance to see it. Besides it's going to be a 2% chance so that would be possible to not see in just a few years of game. But, I would they would put it in the patch notes.
yup it's not implemented yet but it's coming, the devs said they'll implement death in ai x ai battles and lower the death chance from 10% (as it is now) to around 2%
Farewell those golden days of easy husband harvesting.

are you sure you enabled permadeath? :>
Ha-ha.

Lords don't die in simulations right now. They had plans to enable it in 1.6.1-1.6.2, but here we are.

The only thing they taught the lords to do now is to execute rebel parties leaders, but that is hardly a game challenger.

Ha-ha.

Lords don't die in simulations right now. They had plans to enable it in 1.6.1-1.6.2, but here we are.

The only thing they taught the lords to do now is to execute rebel parties leaders, but that is hardly a game challenger.
the only thing i can do is answer your question, if you are sure its not enabled then iam fine with it. nevertheless iam 100% sure someone died in my last playthrough without me being part of it at all. no matter what.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom